Buying steel shot in Canada

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Muffinman
the gimp

Buying steel shot in Canada

Post by Muffinman » 13 Jul 2007 16:01

Hi guys.
I have been trying to find the right size of steel shot (people have told me size 7) in my city. I called everything listed in the Yellowpages, and there were two places that carry steel shot. Both don't have the right size (I think the smallest was size 4, which felt quite large), and neither can order it. Andrew Grant bought some from one of these places before they moved locations, but I went there once and asked and they said no, and called again today and they said no they don't have it, no they never had it, and no they can't order it.

They directed me to www.cabelas.com, saying that they should have it. But it is in the U.S.A., and the taxes on top of shipping would probably be astronomical. Plus, I looked at the website and it didn't look like they have shot by itself? Even if they do, I would prefer a Canadian retailer.

I Googled "steel shot Canada", or something, and didn't really find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

I need a heavy filler.
Maybe there is something else more readily available that I could try using? Copper BBs? I have no idea. Suggestions? Sizes?

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 13 Jul 2007 17:57

have you called all the gun place in your town? I went to a canadian tire and the salesman told me to check the gun shops because some of them make their own bullets/cartridge and they can sell shots.

I'll see if something comes up.

Pete
Multidex Master

Post by Pete » 13 Jul 2007 17:57

Long URL!

link shrink - Colin

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 03 Sep 2007 03:23

Bump?
Lead will do too, if it comes to it...
Or, like, anything... like, I need filler :(

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 03 Sep 2007 10:59

pf filler is light, but steel i believe. its anamorphous... or some fucked up shape. not regular, like pellets, just... blob.

i use shot from bird hunting shells... its about 12-17$ for a box of shells, and just break the end open (not the metal part) and pour it out. i got 300 grams from 15 shells, and 20 come in one box. i know, its not 30 lbs for 40 $, but i cant beat that. (plus, its "heavy steel" from remington ) real nice. not many customers can tell the dif unless i tell them.

SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Post by SpYdeR » 05 Sep 2007 17:50

lmao, I found some old shotgun shells and cut them open to get the shot out. But they were real old so i think it was lead, but the shot was really really small.