Nucleus Shoe Website Update

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 28 Oct 2009 05:13

memy selfhandi wrote:so why you posting your feelings if u dont care
He does care, but he does not care about their personal issues. Business and personal should be kept separate and not brought up in public. Jeremy makes very good points in his post, go and re-read it carefully if you need to.

memy selfhandi, I've summed up your contribution to the project:
so ask for your money back. dumass
definite selective memory disorder....haha
i guess she should have included "selective reading" to that list...since he is still trying to blast her like an idiot..lolol. cant wait for my blackies!!!! w00t!!
daayammmm!!!! someone got their ass handed to him. lmfao... put up or shut up or get the hell out of the way rich...dont fuck this up for everyone else..
Why are you insulting Richard and Tsiangkun? Are you comments helping the project or improving communication between the parties? No, they are not! They are making the situation even worse at least here on the forum giving the project the feeling of scam which is exactly what Tsiangkun was talking about. I understand that you must be some Indian feminist who hasn't been taught how to make coherent sentences in English, but please stop doing whatever it is that you are doing.
Sergey Pikalov

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 28 Oct 2009 06:46

Sergey, i think its just he/she needs attention.

1- brand new to modified
2- 7 posts, 6 trash posts, 1 ok (look at his/her profile)
3- we dont know anything about this person
4- prolly say some more shits to answer your/my post
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 28 Oct 2009 10:03

i believe that some kind of administrative action(modified admin) needs to be taken on this post, its clear there is animosity, but all the general public wants to know about is the prodcution of the shoe, we need another footbag shoe, along with footbag products, new stitchers, new everything, because without a footbag innovation, footbag could potentially go back to the dark ages, so please, can we continue to hear the information about the shoe, the prodcution, what have you, because in the nice footbag world that has been created by all of you, a rift can be easily formed that can rip away a large part of the footbag community, so once again please, info about the shoe, because honestly i want to buy a pair.
Zachary Morgan

memy selfhandi
Hack Fiend

Post by memy selfhandi » 28 Oct 2009 13:36

your right... im sorry....just frustrated that i've pre-paid and im still not wearing these things.

MJK
BSOS Beast

Post by MJK » 28 Oct 2009 19:17

Queency, any word on the project? I look forward to pre-ordering two pairs when we have a release date.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 29 Oct 2009 01:13

chris dean wrote:Hey Richie, when you post more pictures could you please include a direct shot of the sole, like this (the bottom one):

I see there are some good pictures with a view of the sole on the website, but a direct view of the shape will help me compare the shape to lavers and decide if I want to switch to them.

Thanks
Hello chris, here are some pix you've requested. Hope this helps!

Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 29 Oct 2009 01:42

MJK wrote:Queency, any word on the project? I look forward to pre-ordering two pairs when we have a release date.
Hello MJK,

Another investor is in process of securing a wholesale pre-order for a new company. December date is still up in the air. Despite holiday rush, It is still possible for production to be completed within this time frame but manufacturers will not release any produced until full amount is secured. I'm still in process of negotiating this. Part of manufacturers issue is that the value of the US dollar may fluctuate due to economy and exchange rate may negatively impact project as it has taken longer than initially expected. I'm currently dealing with this and hopefully we can come to an agreement with my financial resources at hand. Either way, I'm still awaiting confirmation.

I know that everyone is very anxious. This is not how I imagined it would be but I was realistic for the possibility of set backs. Hopefully the current price did not financially hurt anyone too badly despite the long wait. I can only offer reassurance that if anyone has any doubts or feels uncomfortable with their money being tied for so long, they are more than welcome to email me for a refund. If this were truly a scam, this option wouldn't be offered. I can tell you though that the price will be doubled once production is complete to allow distributers the chance to make a decent return on their investment. *Please note.

Thank you for your continued interest in seeing forward movement.
Queency
Last edited by simplyqueen1 on 29 Oct 2009 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 29 Oct 2009 01:56

Here are some pix after approx 5 months of use at 1-2 hours worth of daily shred. They were never cleaned and were primarily used on concrete or black parking lot surfaces. This shoe was worn and tested by Brad Ruoff, Mathew Woods, Damon Matthews and Jason (Abshires former Mssion Beach roommate 2008). (I think Rory Dawson may have tested the white ones)

This one shows extreme flexibility and structural strength holding up without tears:

Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 29 Oct 2009 05:07

Thanks for the pics. I couldn't tell in the picture, but is there is brocka mod on the inside of the ankle? The back looked lower, but couldn't see the details. 8)

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 29 Oct 2009 10:05

Let me state first that I do not work for Nucleus Footwear. I am an independent party who is excited about this shoe and wanted to bring some unbiased representation of it's capabilities.

Here are some updated photos of the Nucleus compared side by side to the Adidas Rod Laver. The Lavers are heavily modded with a reinforced toe box, completely redesigned tongue, clipper rails, and Broka Mod. The Nucleus are unmodified with 5 months of wear and tear at 1-2 hours per day shred.

Top View

Side View

Sole View

Heel View

Toe Box View

Clipper View

Clipper Profile View

Front Side View

More to come ... Hoping to have some video representation as well.

~peace
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 29 Oct 2009 11:02

^^^ fiiiiiiiiiinally... thanks damon.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 29 Oct 2009 14:54

Matt Cross wrote:^^^ fiiiiiiiiiinally... thanks damon.
+1 8)

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 29 Oct 2009 15:46

i think that was one of the single most needed posts in modified history.

the inside surface of the nucleus still looks so much thinner to me... is it really as wide as the laver?

^QUESTION I HOPE DOESNT GET OVERLOOKED^

i actually may buy a pair now, just because ive actually seen all angles. i think they look sick all shredded up, which is a good thing.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 29 Oct 2009 16:06

... is it really as wide as the laver?
Yes! It is difficult to see from the photos, but there is a stalling surface cut out on the Nucleus that makes the shoe appear thin. But it is the same width. (see side view)

~peace
~Damon Mathews

MJK
BSOS Beast

Post by MJK » 29 Oct 2009 16:16

The toe-box looks small. Those of you who tested it, any problems with toe-delays?

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 30 Oct 2009 11:23

thanks damon!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 30 Oct 2009 15:32

This is some raw footage that was shot back in July. In this video is Jason Crook and myself. This was the first time we had seen the shoes. Mostly just some basic stuff to get the feel for the shoe.

Raw video of the Nucleus in black and white.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eYvpkK2m4c[/youtube]

This video was shot today as a test to see how well they play under basic conditions. The weather was 74, cool with a slight wind. The shoes were laced both with a big toe box and laced down to make a smaller toe box. I prefer the smaller. The clippers are flat and demand form to keep them under control. They felt much lighter than lavers, and like any new shoe, will require some adjustments in order to get to use to how they play. I usually play in the heavily modded lavers above ^^^^ and the clipper rail allows me to relax a bit more than unmodded shoes. I would like to try the Nucleus with a slight rail, but not on these prototypes. Rather wait to experiment on my own pair. The tricks in this video are basic 1 and 2 add moves with a few bigger add moves thrown in. Enjoy!

Raw video of the Nucleus in white
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1rQpBKNs8[/youtube]

~peace
~Damon Mathews

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 31 Oct 2009 14:28

Here are some 3 adds and above from today. Sorry for the short runs. This is only the third time I have played in these shoes and I am still getting use to playing in them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hfhnl3rSkk[/youtube]

~peace
~Damon Mathews

waterboy
Circle Kicker

Post by waterboy » 02 Nov 2009 08:39

Thanks for the Pics and Vids. I would also like to say that i think simplyqueeen1 has conducted herself very professionally throughout this whole ordeal, even with the major set backs. I personally dont think this is scam and will not ask for a refund unless they loss funding and cant produce the shoe.I do think they should get it released by early Dec. beacause the christmas sales would almost double the shoes total sales. well thats my 2 cents worth.
Your Friendly Foot Baggin Waterboy

Toasty
Shredaholic

Post by Toasty » 02 Nov 2009 13:48

Those shoes are sick! I've pre-ordered a black pair. I'm tired of having white shoes that get dirty.
Brandin Sharp Image