Nucleus Shoe Website Update

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 06 Jul 2009 21:22

Im size 11.5. I would love to get this shoe, but I just wana hear some reviews on it first. But keep the 11.5, because Im most likely gona get a pair.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 06 Jul 2009 21:57

ditto on the 11.5
I will be pre-ordering a pair within two weeks :)
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 07 Jul 2009 07:12

acxel22 wrote:Will someone have a pair at worlds for demonstration?
This highly depends on ability of manufacturers to produce on time. We will also try our best to try and make it to that event if it's possible.
Last edited by simplyqueen1 on 11 Jul 2009 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

womens sizes

Post by simplyqueen1 » 07 Jul 2009 07:15

I am also working with the manufacturers for the women's shoe sizes and need to know what is the largest shoe size for women (that anyone knows of). I'm trying to get it as small as size 5 all the way to..??? size10??? or 10.5???? Please respond via post or pm.

Thank you!
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

More sizes for women

Post by simplyqueen1 » 11 Jul 2009 08:04

Sizes 4 and 5 in womens shoes have now been included on the temporary website. Official website is about to be launched. Thank you for all the emails to ensure sizes are included!
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

New & Improved Professional Website Now Up & Running

Post by simplyqueen1 » 12 Jul 2009 22:38

Hello,

Thank you everyone for your input with the temporary website. Your input helped to structure the new one that was built. With that in mind... I'd like to also thank Kam Kuo for his dedication and hard work with designing the logo and professional website for the Nucleus.

For those of you who are not familiar with him, I first met with him 6ms ago after my husband contacted him through one of his websites pentrix.com to learn a new skill. He is well known in the pen spinning community and has done numerous commercials for Nokia, coached other individuals for tv commercials, and performed demonstrations for the CEO of Walmart for a product he helped develop called "Spinz". He is currently new to the Footbag scene and has been working on his drills weekly to improve in the sport.

For the shoe project, he has been putting in long hours (after his 10hr work days) during the past year to customize the site and has been great to work with. His skills are very much appreciated!

Thank you,
Queency

Please visit the new website at : NUCLEUSFOOTWEAR.COM
:D
Last edited by simplyqueen1 on 13 Jul 2009 07:38, edited 2 times in total.
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 12 Jul 2009 23:49

Looks good, Kam did a good job on it.
Can't wait to get my pair :)
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

kam
Hack Fiend

Post by kam » 15 Jul 2009 21:21

thanks for the compliments. I tried to do the shoes some justice :)

Although I'm not a veteran in stitching or modifying shoes, I can tell the Nucleus is the result of a lot of work and careful thinking. I've talked to Abshire and Queency about the shoes a lot in order to build the web site, and was in completely disbelief by the number of features that were combined into a single pair of shoes.

I have been modifying pens for almost a decade now, and recently tried to modify my first pair of Lavers. Over 12 hours of work has been put into it so far... and I'm still not done :(

So, to know that a pair of shoes is coming out ready to shred is really a life saver :)

With that said, I hope you enjoy the web site. Although I tried testing it in as many browsers and resolutions as I can, there's always the chance that I may have missed something. If you find any problems with the site, please send an email to webmaster@nucleusfootwear.com

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 15 Jul 2009 21:41

new site looks great!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

International Orders-for new website

Post by simplyqueen1 » 16 Jul 2009 10:59

Hello,

I just had a question on inability for people to order from new website when they are from other countries. We couldn't process a flat rate for international orders due to wide range of prices for shipment but anyone can just email me at nucleusfootwear@yahoo.com and I will recalculate the total based on your shipping address for paypal.

To also clarify, orders for the Fearless 55 balls should be emailed directly to Abshire as I do not have claim to his business that he started years ago. These are two different companies and yearly tax reporting for these two companies are kept separate. I have been the sole investor primarily for the nucleus shoe project and any other products that may be offered to you in the near future have not been incorporated into it yet.

All orders for the shoes MUST be directly made from either nucleusfootwear.net or nucleusfootwear.com for accounting purposes for both individual and bulk order/wholesale purchases.

This is to ensure my accountant has accurate tracking of all accounts receivables and send you official email confirmations or company invoices for large orders. In addition, it will prevent any mix ups of orders being made so I don't accidentally accept money from people attempting to order for Fearless 55 footbags. Orders from any other site or individual representatives, discounts, specials etc. other than what you see on the websites have not been authorized. We will keep you posted when distributors have been signed on.

Feel free to email me any other questions anytime!

-Queency
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 16 Jul 2009 19:47

while i am sure that the shoes will perform well, i wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. Why does it seem impossible to make footbag gear look good?
A.G.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 18 Jul 2009 02:41

hacksterbator wrote:while i am sure that the shoes will perform well, i wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. Why does it seem impossible to make footbag gear look good?
A little bit more constructive feedback would be very much appreciated. We have been more than willing to hear new ideas and are thankful for the involvement from various individuals to help improve aspects of the shoe. Everyone's input, whether positive or negative, can provide us with valuable information to help us better understand our consumers and keep track of the target market.

Feel free to forward any of your suggestions, analysis or sketches for design features to Nucleusfootwear@yahoo.com for consideration.

Thank you
Last edited by simplyqueen1 on 19 Jul 2009 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 19 Jul 2009 09:43

Girl, I will CUT him.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 20 Jul 2009 08:46

I will probably them all the time. I will wear them with shorts, jeans, suit, tuxedo, boxers, briefs, commando, bathing suit. I will not however wear them when I sleep at night , unless it is a daytime nap. I might put them under my pillow so I dream about them. I will love them and ........

Ps I hope I get them , put them on and shred like never before... 8)

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Jul 2009 08:56

I will wear them when I shred, I will not put them on my head, I will wear them in my sleep, and even in a brand new Jeep. I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them sam I am.

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 20 Jul 2009 14:11

I like the Nucleus in black a lot, but I do feel the white on the back looks TOOO plain and really boring. (The black however doesn't seem to look so plain to me)

However, I dunno who shoes look is really a preference :), personally I wear rod lavers shoes everyday now. Not to mention in the last 4-5 years I have yet to have someone ask me "Why are my shoes like that" or "those shoes are ugly" :)

I plan on ordering a white pair though, and doing the black/red sharpie on them like my old pair!
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Jul 2009 15:01

as for peoples comments on the "white" nucleus...

Richie said you can get artistic with it... Meaning the shoe can be painted or drawn on however you like. It seemed like he was goin for the plain look, and I think its a super rad idea!

The black version looks amazing! If I hear good reviews about them, I will deff pick up 2 pairs. One in black, and one in white to do some graffiti art on.

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 20 Jul 2009 18:01

Jordan wrote:as for peoples comments on the "white" nucleus...

Richie said you can get artistic with it... Meaning the shoe can be painted or drawn on however you like. It seemed like he was goin for the plain look, and I think its a super rad idea!
Hence the sharpie effect I am going to do like I did with my previous pair of lavers :)
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Jul 2009 19:04

I zebra striped my old lavers! I think they looked pretty rad.

Question for Queency or Rich. Will there be any appearance changes on this shoe? Or is that the way they are gona stay? Just wondering.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 20 Jul 2009 22:42

i have a question as well... on the rod laver, the mesh sort of "breaks-in" and stretches over time. this is the primary reason i am able to fit into size 13 lavers.... do the nucleuses break in in this manner? im not expecting a full size to be added on or anything, but a half size of break in usually happens with mesh lavers after hard use... is the canvas too tough to conform to the foot over time?
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag