Nucleus Shoe Website Update

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Nucleus Shoe Website Update

Post by simplyqueen1 » 13 May 2009 02:01

Hello,

I am counting down to the final days or hopefully hours to post up the website link for everyone to finally see pictures of the new shoe that will be available in both solid white and solid black. The site isn't perfect but will suffice for now while the other one is being built. Please email me for any corrections in name spellings or if there's anyone on the list from the Vegas Jam 09 that signed the non disclosure agreement that I missed mentioning. We are open to any feedback which will be forwarded to the web designers. You can also email me or Abshire directly as well.

Thanks for your patience!

UPDATE: Since there are limited sizes per color, all Pre-0rders will be GUARANTEED their color and size.
Last edited by simplyqueen1 on 03 Aug 2009 11:59, edited 2 times in total.
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 13 May 2009 15:45

I'm so excited I'm going to pee my pants.

I need them right now.
Drew Martin

KBizzle
Shredalicious

Post by KBizzle » 13 May 2009 16:05

Yaaayyyyyy
--Kyle Balcerski--

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

NUCLEUS SHOE WEBSITE LINK!!!!!!!!!!

Post by simplyqueen1 » 14 May 2009 18:06

Thank you everyone for your continued interest. We are putting up a this initial website so you can all at least see the photos and pre-order your pair.

http://www.nucleusfootwear.net

-Queency
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Re: NUCLEUS SHOE WEBSITE LINK!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Wasabi » 14 May 2009 18:25

simplyqueen1 wrote:Thank you everyone for your continued interest. We are putting up a this initial website so you can all at least see the photos and pre-order your pair.

-Queency
Hi, any detailed pictures of the clipper and sole of the shoe?

The shoe looks awesome, by the way. :)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 14 May 2009 18:45

Competition between companies producing footbag shoes. This is so cool.

Also, "Evan Gayesman". Haha.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 14 May 2009 18:55

Was Erik Chan at Las Vegas last year?

edit: Whoops! I guess the page didn't fully load for me when it came to the picture concerning the sole. It looks great! But I would like to see a picture of the clipper surface if that's too much to ask.
Last edited by Wasabi on 14 May 2009 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 14 May 2009 18:55

Wasabi wrote:
simplyqueen1 wrote:Thank you everyone for your continued interest. We are putting up a this initial website so you can all at least see the photos and pre-order your pair.

-Queency

Please reload page

-Queen
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 14 May 2009 19:11

simplyqueen1 wrote:
Wasabi wrote:

-Queency

Please reload page

-Queen
Close up of the clipper section now included

-Queen
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 14 May 2009 19:13

I'll be pre-ordering a pair.

They look fantastic.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 14 May 2009 22:15

I think the question everybody would like to know is why did you stitch t-shirt material on to your lavers in the past?

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 14 May 2009 23:05

i really cant tell what the inside surface is like... is it comparable in width/flatness to the laver or quantum? i read the part that said it had an illusion of being thinner than it is, but it still looks too thin to me. if at all possible, a profile picture of it next to a laver would be so great.

thank you so much for finally launching that site, ive been awaiting a picture for so long! im ecstatic that there is a 13 as well, i hope it fits me.

the toe box looks great.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 15 May 2009 06:54

Feedback sent.
Sergey Pikalov

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

Post by simplyqueen1 » 15 May 2009 10:42

Jeremy wrote:I think the question everybody would like to know is why did you stitch t-shirt material on to your lavers in the past?
I apologize for refrencing a mod that I forget is not something alot of people do.

The mod that involved a t-shirt for me was for the New Balance CT520.

Here is some pics of my old modded shred shoes with unmodded version also and a vid of me warming up with Sunny from Freedom Footbags in Vegas.

Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 15 May 2009 11:24

nice both-sidedness, clean dexes, and nice style!

Can't wait to get my set of shoes!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 15 May 2009 19:54

I know, it's the old question about sizes,
BUT:

I have a size 9 Quantum2, so which size of the Nucleus would you recommend?

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 16 May 2009 11:13

Abshire told me that the shoe fits true to size, so if your foot measures size 9 , then thats your shoe, but I wear 11's in lavers and 11's in quantums are too small so .....maybe 8 1/2 ,good luck

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 May 2009 23:03

The sole looks really thin at the toe. Is it durable material?

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 17 May 2009 02:23

simplyqueen1 wrote: I apologize for refrencing a mod that I forget is not something alot of people do.

The mod that involved a t-shirt for me was for the New Balance CT520.
No that's cool. I enjoy reading about the history of the sport, even things like how people used to mod shoes. Appreciated.

I have a more relevant question too. In the photos I saw the shoes were laced in the Kenny Shults style, yet there is apparently no toe box. Is it therefore necessary to lace in that manner or would it be more practical to lace in the normal manner? I hate the Kenny Shults lacing style because it makes the shoes feel too lose on my feet, and I always cut the toe walls off and lace normally. Could I do that with these shoes?

Also how much do they weight?

simplyqueen1
Shredalicious

sole

Post by simplyqueen1 » 17 May 2009 09:34

Erik Chan wrote:The sole looks really thin at the toe. Is it durable material?
Hello Erik,

When the shoe was designed, we brought several videos from players ranging from beginners to advanced for our panel: the manufacturers, consultant chiropractors and product development managers from brand name companies to evaluate what's needed based on these intricate and multi directional movements.

All other shoes that players currently use were also evaluated and any weak points and potential defects from other projects and/or companies were discussed to help the manufacturers understand what to avoid. We sent pairs of worn down shoes from the top 3 shoe brands used by majority players so they can visually see where the wear and tear occurs at all angles.

Many of the white mid soles out there are taller and meant for shock absorption. We changed this height to create added stability from a lowered center of gravity as a safety feature and transferred the shock absorption function mainly to a higher quality black bottom sole which is slightly thicker in comparison to those shoes currently purchased. This in turn, allows a player the option to purchase any type of quality insole without adding extra unnecessary weight.

If you analyze soles on any pairs of shoes, you may come to a conclusion of what the shoe engineers had in mind based on repetitive athletic movements. Perhaps the grooves on the bottoms of Lavers were primarily built for lateral movements during tennis?? If you look at the soles on the Nucleus, the tread design goes all the way up to the tip of the toe. Many of the videos show players on tips of their toes. There is a line break in the Nucleus sole's cross sectional pattern to relieve this flexed tension. In addition, there is a differential in the right and left patterns of the black rubber. The lateral side patterns help to minimize wear and tear during lateral movements. The medial side shows multiple smaller circles to help disperse energy when shock absorption is needed. The tread overall is deeper than all of those currently available for this sport.

I included much more information than you had asked and I apologize if this is too lengthy. Our whole purpose is to provide the community with quality equipment and everyone's questions and concerns are immediately forwarded to our database to address for quality assurance.

There are a ton of professionals and players continuously working together and privately emailing me to help bring the standards higher-& I really, really appreciate this. The true test will come from the consumer feedback. Hopefully we can contribute in a positive way with everyone's help.

Thank you for your question,
Queency
Queency Mateo
San Diego, Ca.