Elemental Footbags

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Ramen God
Multidex Master

Elemental Footbags

Post by Ramen God » 15 Jul 2010 14:02

I am considering buying an elemental footbag as well as a bear bag, so this has become a great chance to allow people to write reviews on Elemental footbags, making a guide to those who want to buy one.

Make reviews on the 20 panels, the 32s, the 62s, and even the kicking bags. Also discuss cost, shipping time, and pretty much everything Elemental!

Aaron Shepard
Shredaholic

Post by Aaron Shepard » 16 Jul 2010 16:51

Why don't you just pm Lotus? He will tell you anything you need to know.

Blue
Hack Fiend

Post by Blue » 16 Jul 2010 19:45

Maybe because it is nice to hear other people's opinions.
Andy

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 17 Jul 2010 04:25

Exactly. Lotus would have a great opinion, but getting many players' opinions, at least in my mind, is much better.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 17 Jul 2010 06:51

check out his for sale thread for plenty of reviews.

personally, I don't think the bags are as good as most player-made bags.

I think Waylon really likes them though, and he's a fantastic stitcher.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 17 Jul 2010 06:59

pg 116 of new foobags thread

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 17 Jul 2010 16:15

Yeah, but I (and other people interested) still want more!

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 17 Jul 2010 18:45

Ramen God wrote:Yeah, but I (and other people interested) still want more!
fuck me, mate... It's a hackey sack. Just buy one and kick the damn thing. You'll figure it out.
A.G.

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 17 Jul 2010 19:22

I understand where you are coming from. $30+ for a golf ball size piece of suede and some lead/steel. But it really isn't that much* and you will most likely get a good bag regardless of the origin. I can name 25+ stitchers/ companies that I would be confident in receiving a good bag from.

* 30 dollars isn't that much $7.50 minimum wage x2(time to stitch the bag) and some profit plus shipping for both the bag and materials that the stitcher has to buy

Dont put stock in which bag is best. Sure they all have characteristics that seperate them but really...
Buy a bag or two and play A LOT!!

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 18 Jul 2010 04:43

Yeah... I know I'm gonna buy one, but this is not just for me: it's for all the people who want to try new footbags!

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 18 Jul 2010 17:11

if you want to know how elementalfootbags are,
just try one of lotus FREESTYLER mini.

some years ago, one of this bags was the first bag ever that I shredded until it fell apart!
I never used an other bag that long! and his new bags are even better.
if you like using some cool designed bags, just try his SHOOTER or some of the other bags!

just ask him what he would suggest for your style of footbagging, because he has bags for beginners, intermediate and pros!!!

(Don`t forget the LUCKY DIP SALE at the moment!!! :D )

Donovon
Multidex Master

Post by Donovon » 20 Jul 2010 06:14

Aren't you the person who was just debating between one of Brian's bags and a Hania, and had to choose between due to money issues? And now you are debating buying two bags, neither of which is from Hania?
You really need to just suck it up and buy a couple. You have to play with a few bags to really find what you like in a bag. Different stitchers have different styles of course, but different players have different preferences. The best way to figure this out is to head to some tournies and kick a lot of different bags, and just ask the player who owns it who stitched it. I still do this (mostly because im interested).
And this will nominally help reading reviews because when someone says, "i love these bags. They are bigger than a golf ball and pretty empty," you might not even like bags like that. Some people like lighter bags and some people like small bags.
If you are somehow able to afford two bags, go with you gut instinct and buy one from both Brian and Hania. That should be months (at a minimum) of bag testing, and I will garuntee their satisfaction as bags.

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 20 Jul 2010 15:09

i can kind of understand the frustration on both sides here ...

i feel i can safely say that the vast majority of players that frequent this forum have not purchased or played with any elemental footbags before, making it hard for most to give a review/opinion of either products or services offered by my company.

most players here would have their fave player-stitchers, and are at a playing level where they would not buy bags from any footbag company. this is understandable, as i will also agree that a player-bag from one of the good stitchers will play better for an advanced freestyle footbagger than any of my elemental bags. that said, as a player of 13+ years experience in this sport, i have used literally hundreds of player and company bags, and feel that i can say with confidence that the my mini freestyle bags are the best company-produced shred bags anywhere on the planet.

i feel i know what you are after, so let me post a matt cross review here for you to read* ... he is a guy that is well known around these parts, and i believe his opinion would be trusted and respected, as he has no connection to me or elemental whatsoever [let me know if you're not cool with this matt, and i'll gladly remove it].

*note: this review was written a little more than 2 years ago now, and the mini 32-panel FREESTYLER bag reviewed by matt has improved greatly since then. most notably, the size of the zinc-coated steel filler has reduced by more than 50% ... greatly improving the bags playability and durability.
Matt Cross wrote:B+ (note: most comparably priced footbags would receive a grade of C- or worse)

While they do not meet the standards of performance set by hand-stitched, custom-made footbags, they are far superior to the vast majority of footbags in the same price range. They're great for kicking, great looking, and usable for freestyle.

If you are trying to play TOP level freestyle, these bags may not suit your needs.

If you are looking for a decent bag at a GREAT price to use in casual freestyle and kicking circles, these will absolutely suit your needs.

Also, Lotus is an attentive salesman, and very concerned with the quality of his product. For intermediate and casual footbaggers, these bags are really worth a try. - Matt Cross, footbag player, stitcher, presenter, and promoter.
i hope this helps, and good luck choosing a bag ... i reccommend choosing heaps of them ... :wink:.
only the movement moves
lotus
www.elementalfootbags.com

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 20 Jul 2010 17:54

without having used an elemental bag, i will say that just the other day i was discussing viable mass footbag production, and i told another player that there was no sense in trying because, and i quote, "lotus has the market cornered." based on the thoughtful and lengthy posts he has made in the past 12 months, all of which i have read, i believe that for your dollar, you won't be able to get a better value. his company is built on a foundation of talented stitchers who are able to produce a quality product in a reasonable time frame (and hence price), rather than machine or sweatshop methods (his employees negotiate a contract before the first stitch).

the bottom line is this, i think what lotus has done is really awesome, he's providing a better product than other companies do at a comparable price. this is positive for curious new players who want to start out with the proper equipment without having to pay top dollar to try the sport. again, i have no prior experience with these bags, but i've read tons of positive feedback and for the price, it's impossible to fault a product that's made with consideration and care. 13 years of experience can't yield bad designs.

[/long post]

sorry for the epistle, it's just tough to get past the 'too good to be true' clause mentally. reportedly great bags at a great value. why not get one?

Will

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 21 Jul 2010 04:30

Donovon wrote:Aren't you the person who was just debating between one of Brian's bags and a Hania, and had to choose between due to money issues? And now you are debating buying two bags, neither of which is from Hania?
You really need to just suck it up and buy a couple. You have to play with a few bags to really find what you like in a bag. Different stitchers have different styles of course, but different players have different preferences. The best way to figure this out is to head to some tournies and kick a lot of different bags, and just ask the player who owns it who stitched it. I still do this (mostly because im interested).
And this will nominally help reading reviews because when someone says, "i love these bags. They are bigger than a golf ball and pretty empty," you might not even like bags like that. Some people like lighter bags and some people like small bags.
If you are somehow able to afford two bags, go with you gut instinct and buy one from both Brian and Hania. That should be months (at a minimum) of bag testing, and I will garuntee their satisfaction as bags.
I have been thinking, and I think I will go with the hania as well. I just looked over all 27 of her for sale topic's pages. I have the money, might as well spend it. So one freestyler, one bear, and one hania.

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 21 Jul 2010 05:38

good choice, man!!!

Donovon
Multidex Master

Post by Donovon » 21 Jul 2010 07:58

Ramen God wrote:So one freestyler, one bear, and one hania.
For all that debate...
I guess everyone wins.
Good choice,
~Donovon