L. Mo. Bags stitched in Shredmonton

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Kicker
Hack Fiend

L. Mo. Bags stitched in Shredmonton

Post by Kicker » 27 Jul 2010 18:43

View Footbags under 'Misc.'
at LindsayMaclachlan.com

Bag prices will range from 20-35 Canadian dollars + Shipping

Materials include: Ultrasuede soft (Facile), Ultrasuede light (Caress) and various faux 'ultrasuede' we've found while shopping around.

Colours and material listings will be posted as the website develops and requests can be made to eatsleep_ride@yahoo.ca (also PayPal payments)
~KDub

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 27 Jul 2010 19:26

hummm. need bigger photos. imo you need bigger pents and smaller hexes.
A.G.

Kicker
Hack Fiend

Sizing

Post by Kicker » 27 Jul 2010 20:01

Yeah, these are prototypes I've been putting through quality control for her. She has adjusted the sizing for the newer bags being stitched. The stitchless seems are now smaller with the new pattern by reducing the short edge of the hexagons to actual 40% rather than the 60% patterns posted on modified.
Thanks for the suggestion bud.
Kyle Warren
~KDub

Kicker
Hack Fiend

Shredded bags

Post by Kicker » 29 Jul 2010 18:17

P.S. Those bags in the pictures have been shredded aggressively already by me, with angry over hand throws and scrapes...to test their strength. So they have some super glue spots around them while I continue 'quality control'. :D
But all the requested/ordered bags will be unshredded upon opening, guaranteed.

Linds' just got a new digital SLR (Nikon D5000), so we'll be posting some new pictures of freshly stitched bags soon.
~KDub

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 30 Jul 2010 05:12

To be honest, they just don't look to be worth $20

Kicker
Hack Fiend

Price/quality

Post by Kicker » 30 Jul 2010 13:07

Constructive feedback is welcome. Less tension in the stitches? Lindsay is a well practiced stitcher, but she's new to footbags.
The material is genuine Ultrasuede as of now on, which took some hunting around. Everyone wants to sell you knock off 'ultrsuede' when you're calling around, but all the bags in progress now are the real deal.
Bearings alone are a significant expense at the moment, it costs about 6 bucks for the steel in a 55 gram bag currently for us. I like the bearings cause they don't chew apart the inside of the bag, compared to iron or (poisonous) lead.
Any hand stitched bag I've bought in the past has been between 25-35 USD, so I think 20 Canadian is fair until L.Mo bags have been established as solid shred bags. I'm not gonna bust out the whip and take away the labour cost of my gf's stitching to start up a slave labour Footbag franchise that gets you a pair of free Nikes with every bag...I just don't have enough tiny hands...yet.
So any good stitchers that might have some credible input should by all means leave some constructive feedback. Like I say, the pictures thus far have only been prototypes (aren't for sale, as I've shredded the shit out of them for quality control) and Lindsay is only now beginning to stitch with the real Ultrasuede.

So her 4th and 5th bags (filled with bearings, unlike a couple of the current pictures) should be finished and posted in high resolution on the website and modified sometime this August long weekend. Going to the mountains (Jasper) to put the new camera to use, so maybe before or for sure after camping. Despite all my excitement towards advertising these fresh bags, they're still going to me. So any colour combos that you find apealling will be hand stitched especially for you, it'll go through a lil' photo shoot for your inspection and I promise to let you have the first toe kick, clipper, möbius or whatever you want to hit first with your new L.Mo bag. :D
~KDub

Matt_mcfarland
Shredaholic

Post by Matt_mcfarland » 30 Jul 2010 19:44

id say a little less gather, and shorter hex sides like, maybe 33 percent would help, but really its up to you. as long as it works well, you cant judge a back on looks.
keep steezy! my bag are for sale! in stock:2
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=21532

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 31 Jul 2010 04:52

Wait, just "Ultrasuede?"
Not Ultrasuede light?

Kicker
Hack Fiend

Materials (vs. Fields Fabrics)

Post by Kicker » 03 Aug 2010 06:13

Yeah Ramen, to expand on what I already said, we have 2 colours (light blue and light purple) of the Ultrsuede light caress (which is real thin like amaretta) and 4 colours of regular Ultrasuede light (olive green, darker purple, dark blue and sand) and the rest are cheaper materials that were marked as ultrasuede but we later discovered it wasn't. Most of the knock off stuff is going towards lindsay's various art projects such as book binding, but the dark grey stuff seen in the picture of the mini (her first bag) is actually a really good flexible material. It may not quite have the strength of Ultrasuede but it is actually less stiff.
We just got the swatches of all the Ultrasuede from Fields Fabrics in the mail and none of our materials were as thick as their Ultrasuede soft which seems pretty stiff. In fact, the material we found at a local specialty fabric store in town had the actual Ultrasuede logo tag on the roll and those fabrics feel thinner/nicer quality than a lot of the swatches from Fields. But, the Ultrasuede light swatches also seem to vary in stiffness depending on the dye used for the colours from Fields, lots of the darker colours seem to be softer/thinner. I can't wait to order some prints, some of those feel super thin. A different animal skin for each pentagon would make an awesome looking bag!
We'll keep progressing our bag making/testing and I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for the tips and keep 'em coming.
I've been experimenting with weights cause I like heavier bags, but I find it totally depends on the demensions of the bag. We're thinking the minis will have to be about 50 grams and the regulars can be about 56 grams. Any input? Is about half the volume of the (broken in) sphere a good target to aim for?
Last edited by Kicker on 03 Aug 2010 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
~KDub

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 03 Aug 2010 07:15

oh, okay :oops:

Ramen God
Multidex Master

Post by Ramen God » 13 Aug 2010 12:01

Okay, so I checked up on the website and saw that the bags have been changed. Let me tell you, they have really improved. The one in the middle is getting pretty good.

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 13 Aug 2010 12:44

yeah, the one with the "dark blue" hexes, kind of "dirty light green" pents looks really cool!
how big are those bags?

Kicker
Hack Fiend

Quality/ width

Post by Kicker » 13 Aug 2010 14:42

Yeah, the one in the middle is my favorite too. We named it the Stiffless 54. She's got the hang of how stitch tension effects the footbag stiffness now and I'm looking forward to shredding her next bag cause they keep improving. The Stiffless has been very forgiving with my clippers, despite my horrible ankle crank, and is way more fun to play with than some of the first ones.
All the bags have been around 1 1/2" freshly stitched and break in to about 1 3/4" at a relaxed stance, like the pictures.
I've been trying to convince linds to make me a bag out all the animal skin prints in the Ultrasuede prints swatch we got from Fields, which is 12 different skin prints, perfect for the pentagons. I think once she does that, people will want to start ordering her bags and it will be an excuse to order .1 m of each kind. :D
I'll keep ya posted.
~KDub