What should I do?

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
TomTilly
BSOS Beast

What should I do?

Post by TomTilly » 30 Jul 2010 08:46

Hey everyone,

I have a problem I can't really solve, so I need some help. More than half a year ago I ordered some footbag filler from Planetfootbag, which haven't arrived yet. Of course I wrote a lot of emails to them (like one in every month) and their reply was every time like "sorry about that, but we have to produce some filler which takes a few weeks. We promise you'll get your product in like 4 weeks"; and after 5 weeks we started the whole thing again... and again and again, etc. Last time I ordered some filler from PF, it arrived without any complications.
I don't really know how much time it takes to produce some filler, but 6 months must have been enough. They already offered me to send my money back, but I need the footbag filler more than the money. My last email was sent 2 weeks ago and they didn't reply yet. I'm the only stitcher in Hungary and have a several orders I just can't complete. I was waiting patiently so far but now it's a little bit too much.
Was anybody in a situation like that before? Is there really any solution of this? If a stitcher (who uses PF filler) reads this, I would ask you: is it normal by PF? Should I wait further?

And an other question to stitchers: what do you use as filler, and were do you buy it? If PF closes the shop, I'll have to find an other source.

Cheers, Tom
Tilly Tamás

"The mistake is not to drop it. The mistake is not to pick it up."

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 30 Jul 2010 09:35

Apparently there's a topic on this already: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=21485

Looks like Planetfootbag is mainly a volunteer group now, and not a legitimate business for footbag since most of the dedicated members now are too busy with their own lives to help run the site. Steel filler production has also suffered as well.

I don't know what to tell, Tom, but my best advice is to look at your local registry of stainless steel manufacturers in Hungary, and see if you ask them to make you 18/10 stainless steel shot or grit. Grade 304 or 316 stainless steel at best; do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy grade 400 series steel, because that will rust.

Good luck.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 31 Jul 2010 04:53

get yourmoney back an buy your filler somewhere else
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

atze
Multidex Master

Post by atze » 06 Aug 2010 05:17

Just to make it clear (once again):

planetfootbag has ALWAYS been a volunteer run group. and yes, we're having serious problems with keeping up the good service we've had in the past because old volunteers are leaving and no new ones are taking up the work...

we've had a serious crisis these last months, possibly it will get better again but we can't promise anything at this point.

so yes, for now, ask for your money back because noone can say when and if new filler will be available.

sorry!