rod lavers inside mesh cut or out

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Mr Stuart
Circle Kicker

rod lavers inside mesh cut or out

Post by Mr Stuart » 07 Aug 2011 22:36

Hey just bought some plain old white and green rod lavers, should i cut the inside mesh layer or the outside....or will they play the same either way?

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Aug 2011 22:40

BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 07 Aug 2011 23:36

heres what i did and if you do it right it should work amazingly. Follow matts whole description( i also cut the walls off ) and when it comes to that, you should cut out the outside mesh ( on the inside and toe ONLY, if you cut the outside it will break down the "structural integrity" of your shoe) ,this, as matt says gives it a more grippy kinda surface that facile will want to rub against. also you can cut the little tiny inside layer off (not the thick cotton) as well and it makes a more thin surface that the bag will collapse into.

recently ive started to wonder though because vasek clouda doesnt cut off the mesh? maybe its his ritual or something lol but really follow matts instruction if anything!

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 08 Aug 2011 06:45

He can also hit food processor with a phone but that doesn't mean we should all start using phones to play.

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 10 Aug 2011 19:51

im simply giving him things to think about what if i he likes the mesh on?
maybe vaseks idea of leaving it on is "hey maybe im going to do something no one else does so that i dont look like the other 11000 freestyle footbagers? what if this guy wants to be the same? its all about what your comfortable with no one is telling him what to do its all just suggested. like matt and i who else cuts off the walls? not alot of people, we think its more ideal. so really dont get mad because hes better than most of us and and can play with a phone with the mesh still on his lavers.

Mr Stuart
Circle Kicker

Post by Mr Stuart » 10 Aug 2011 21:56

i was just wondering if there was a right or wrong way to do it. if it's all about personal preference then i will ust have to see what works best for me.

TCheas
Hack Fiend

Post by TCheas » 11 Aug 2011 11:43

if you have lavers your set. do what YOU like with them