Repairing a footbag

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
beckermj
Circle Kicker

Repairing a footbag

Post by beckermj » 18 Sep 2011 10:22

So I was just wondering what all of you players out there do when you start getting those little pinholes in your footbags. I recently tried using some shoe leather tear mender stuff that has been working better than I thought. It looks funny, but once it dries it is somewhat elastic so the bags still plays like normal. Any other repairing ideas?

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 21 Sep 2011 14:48

http://wound.smith-nephew.com/nz/node.asp?NodeId=2816

thats what i use and recommend. once applied it feels like the fabric the bag is made of, it survives washing maschines, it does not fall of! to me, this is the perfect sulution... yeah, your bag will have lots of white patches all over itself... but you can color them if you dont like it! :D
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 23 Sep 2011 14:08

Sometimes I feel like dismantling a bag and patching with glue from the inside. Just a thought. Also, it depends on the filler, because if it's steel and if it has rusted or has gotten corroded over time, the fill will cut through thread in later sessions with the bag.

Repairing bags can be beneficial or saddening at the same time. :?
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mr.alex
BSOS Beast

Post by mr.alex » 09 Oct 2011 15:09

Alexander Trenner
footbag-vienna - feel the spirit