Fixing shoes Q&A

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Anton
Shredalicious

Fixing shoes Q&A

Post by Anton » 20 May 2012 10:55

I'm tryin to repair two pairs of quantums right now.
The sole of the shoe is having a disagreement with the fabric on the bottom and I was wondering if there are any recommendations on shoe glue and/or restiching.

I thought rubber cement would do the trick but it turned out to be a bloody mess :/
\m/ichigan shreds

Anton
Shredalicious

Post by Anton » 21 May 2012 07:28

So I've unloaded a can of spray adhesive in between the fabric an the sole and it seems to be working. After a few hours of putting pressure on it, it started to hold. I'm going to give them a trial shred after work today and she how they fair.

As for my broken pair of 03s, I'm going to have to get creative with a patch kit or something. I'll get a before/after picture up when I'm through
\m/ichigan shreds

santeri
Hack Fiend

Post by santeri » 22 May 2012 05:42

I've just stitched the fabric together with the sole through the rubber. It holds fine for me in both inside and and outside surfaces. The biggest problem for me is the leather that connects both side flaps to the sole in the front part of the shoe. I have got these broken in 01s and 02s. If these are broken, then pressure on the fabrics on the sides is too much. Hope you know what I mean, I'm not sure I made my point clear.

can you add pictures of your problem or on a working solution you want to share us others hanging on to our quantums.