What kind of material for footbag?

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
DeLoe
Circle Kicker

What kind of material for footbag?

Post by DeLoe » 26 May 2012 18:52

I bought avola suedecloth or something like that and it's super flimsy. What typer should I buy that can be bought at either Walmart or JoAnn Fabrics?

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 27 May 2012 03:38

The best stuff I have found in my local fabric shops has been 'soft microsuede' sometimes it's called 'suedette'
Dunno if you will find it where you live though.. This stuff is relatively cheap, but frays around the edges, so not very durable.

In my opinion, you will be much better off getting the proper fabric from the start though.
Go to http://www.fieldsfabricsonline.com/Ultr ... _c_14.html and check out the 'ultrasuede light extrawide' it looks expensive, but you can buy 1/8 sizes, which work out to be 4.5" wide strips i think 1yd long for ~$7.

Have a look through the bags and equipment forum for other threads on fabrics. Fields does seem to be the best place for ultrasuede though.

DeLoe
Circle Kicker

Post by DeLoe » 27 May 2012 06:48

Alright, thanks a bunch. I looked there before and saw how expensive it was. But now that I know I can buy it 1/8 it will be much better.

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 02 Jun 2012 01:59

also be sure to check the specials section at fields. if you are just starting getting 1/8 from 3 colors can be very cheap there and with 3/8 yard you can stitch a lot of bags to see if sewing is for you or not
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 05 Jun 2012 09:40

If you do end up getting facile from Field's Fabrics, you might want either ask experienced stitchers, or look for threads here somewhere for the best colours. Some are a lot more supple and make for more playable bags than others, and certain combinations and patterns can affect playability and durability as well.