For those who single thread..

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
ilovecoheed
Hack Fiend

For those who single thread..

Post by ilovecoheed » 12 Feb 2013 12:18

What is the most optimal place to start and stop on a flower to tie off the last stitch using a single thread. I'm almost finished with my second 32 panel and I've been starting on the first hex to pent stitch, ending on the hex to hex stitch and then using overhead knots to secure it. I'm not sure if this will work for my last panel using the loose stitch method though.

Thanks
-Josh

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: For those who single thread..

Post by akalazou » 13 Feb 2013 18:07

I'm kind of a single thread cheater, i stitch with double thread (i put the needle in the middle of a long thread and fold it in two). i start where you start as well. At the last pent side, i make huge loops in each stitches so i can open it later. Of course i stitch it completly inside-out. When it come to roll it the correct way, i take the 2 single threads from the first stitch (the end of the loop) and i put them both the hole of the needle. The needle will have 3 threads in his hole at this moment. Then i take the needle and put it in any bleed holes by the exterior of the actual bag. Then i continue the needle journey into one of the big loops i made at the last pent side. After that, i reverse the bag for the last time from the same loop than the thread. At this moment i have a regular opened footbag with all my threads getting out from the bag from a bleed hole. i fill it with my filler and then i pull on side of the thread out so i will be single thread. i gather the bag from there and then i can make the knot without any distance from the afinal knot's place.

i hope i was clear. that's the way i found by myself to put the last knot inside the bag. if you have any question, let me know.

i really hope its helps!
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

D.
Shredalicious

Post by D. » 24 Feb 2013 23:26

Not sure if you got the answer you were looking for.
Anyway, the place to start your last thread is on the short side of a hex:
Pierce the hex on the short edge from the furry side, then through the first stitch on the long side.
So when you are finished filling and come to trying off, both ends of the thread are poking out of a bleed hole, allowing you to tie them off and tuck the knot inside the bag.

ilovecoheed
Hack Fiend

Post by ilovecoheed » 25 Feb 2013 12:05

Awesome, thanks guys. That's kinda what I was thinkin d. But I wasn't sure exactly how to go about it since I've started all my flowers on the long side of the hexes.