Bag care and cleaning

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
AdAstra
Multidex Master

Bag care and cleaning

Post by AdAstra » 02 Aug 2015 05:56

Hi all.

What methods of cleaning your footbags have you found to be safe and effective? I have a bag for outdoor play and it's gotten quite dirty and I'm not sure how to safely clean it. I think mine is made of synthetic suede, an Eclipse 32 panel.
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Re: Bag care and cleaning

Post by Add Block » 02 Aug 2015 06:07

Room temperature water, liquid hand soap. Let the water in, then very slowly and carefully squeeze the water out. Do that until the water from the bag isn't black anymore.

Some people just throw them in a washing machine along their clothes, I can't recommend it though.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 02 Aug 2015 10:00

Add Block wrote:Some people just throw them in a washing machine along their clothes, I can't recommend it though.
I don't know anyone that does this. I've heard of putting them in the pocket of pants and then putting them in the washing machine, but have never done it myself.

I always just hand wash in the sink, with either dish soap or small amount of liquid laundry detergent. I have had an issue with warmer water ruining the color on a black/white bag I had. Just be gentle with them and you wont have any issues with torn stitches
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 04 Aug 2015 06:54

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 06 Aug 2015 03:16

I put them in a sock knot that close and put it in the washing machine from time to time.
After dirty sessions I hand wash them with dish soap, but hand soap should be fine as well.
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig