Brocka Laver Mod

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 29 Jan 2004 19:41

:p justin I asked you about this mod when i came to seattle over the christmas break and you told me that ricky and lots of others did this mod but I think you thought I was talking about another mod :p

anyways I did this mod on my old pair of lavers today and tried them for 10 minutes, will give them a good try this sunday and do a little write up
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 29 Jan 2004 20:18

why doesnt vaska or honza ever visit these forums - Their advice on shoe mods and trick tips would be much Appreciated
they must be too cool for school i guess... :cry:
---Curtis Taylor

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 29 Jan 2004 20:43

Honza does post on these forums and I dont know if vasek uses computers a lot or not or if he just doesnt read forums. but I dont think its cause he thinks he is too cool :p
Jon's FootBlog

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 31 Jan 2004 18:15

PIMP-C wrote:why doesnt vaska or honza ever visit these forums - Their advice on shoe mods and trick tips would be much Appreciated
they must be too cool for school i guess... :cry:

I talked to both Ales and Honza and they do NOT modify insides at all.

Honza's reason was that it is bad for symposium tricks.

Ales just doesn't like doing weird stuff with his shoes. :)

Vaska...hm...I didn't ask him personally tho, but Ales told me that he was not sure if Vaska does it or not, but I'm pretty sure he does.

And one more thing: you know what improved my butterflys and clippers? I changed my lacing type. If you watch Lon's videos from mosterhack.com you can notice that his shoes are not laced at all! I mean they are really really loose. He has some reasones for that, I asked him about it. IMHO lacing can enlarge you inside's area.
Sergey Pikalov

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 01 Feb 2004 10:20

the reason lon doesn't lace em tight is obvious... you can get your clippers flatter....that is the same what this mod is for! you can have em tight (support!) with the ability of more flattish clippers... of course, if you have ankles like vasek, vojta or honza, you don't need the mod. but only few do! so for more flatish clippers there are two things to do: STRETCH! and EITHER lace em loosely (like lon) OR cut your shoes (like brocka)...
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

! 30TH ANNUAL IFPA WORLD FOOTBAG CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 - BERLIN !

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 01 Feb 2004 11:35

word to that.
Sergey Pikalov

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 06 Feb 2004 10:21

I'm just curious, has anyone found any seriously negative effects and wishes they hadn't performed this mod?

I'm kind of interested in doing it, but I just want to make sure no one has had any huge problems with it, before I proceed.

Anyone?

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 06 Feb 2004 12:43

your lavers 'll look even more fucked than before, or at least that's the case with mine... since you don't loose support i wouldn't know any disadvantage, besides, that your shoes might wear out quicker...
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

! 30TH ANNUAL IFPA WORLD FOOTBAG CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 - BERLIN !

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 06 Feb 2004 19:15

Well no negative reviews + me being bored = me currently doing the Broka mod.

Let's hope it turns out well!

I've done it on my left shoe so far, and I hit like 5 perfect osises in a row, with the coming right back up to me, so lookin good so far.

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 08 Feb 2004 09:00

Gotta toss out another positive review for this mod.

I played hard with it for like 2 and a half hours last night, and I really felt it helped with my osises, and made cranking my ankle into clipper position a lot easier after a while.

Good stuff.

I would definitely recommend everyone at least trying it on an old pair if you have one ... If not, it may be worth a shot anyway, but maybe wait until it becomes more accepted as a 'must do' mod by the community or something ...

thrillainmanila
Shredalicious

Post by thrillainmanila » 07 Mar 2004 20:55

Just did the mod and I love it. It takes pressure off of the ancle.
Thnx!

I do tons of smp stuff and it has no effect on it nor does it have any other negative atributes. :lol: :!:
Maybe Im wierd!!
Philly-footworks.com

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 08 Mar 2004 07:12

that mod looks sweet! im going to do this immediately. Does the material become frayed or anything weird without the extra piece still there?

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 08 Mar 2004 08:25

wicked wrote:that mod looks sweet! im going to do this immediately. Does the material become frayed or anything weird without the extra piece still there?
Not really ... As long as you have a clean cut.

Mr.Brocka
Shredaholic

Brocka s word

Post by Mr.Brocka » 08 Mar 2004 12:17

word up to all the shredders out there...
i just found out that this forum exists so let me tell something about the BROCKCUT
-first to the ass lickerjon- dude u made me laugh....
-ok honza told u some shit that it deffects your symps. - my question is -how does he know when he never tried BROCKCUT?
-whatever
-i am pretty amazed that so many players did the BROCKCUT ...wow
- i hope that one day it ll be a part of the modif. paper u recieve with everylaver pair...heh
-BROCKCUT does not effect your simps nor your stabillity...only thing it does is that u ll be able to use all your ankleflex potential...
-when u do the mod. dont shred with untide/tight-?/ lavers...
-this is my second pair of brockcutted lavers and they last as long as without it...
-thanx again for your support....
-see u all in MONTREAL....

yours Peter Brocka

jon
Foosebag God

Re: Brocka s word

Post by jon » 08 Mar 2004 17:57

Mr.Brocka wrote:word up to all the shredders out there...
i just found out that this forum exists so let me tell something about the BROCKCUT -first to the ass lickerjon- dude u made me laugh....
yours Peter Brocka
You are refering to me? What did I do that makes me an ass licker or to makes you laugh? I posted the best pic of the mod you created to a very highly viewed forum of shredders who have now tried it out and some have enjoyed it. I guess that was stupid, and since you say that you want your mod on modif. paper then I guess you dont care about other shredders learning your mod. Am I an ask licker because I pmed honza and asked him if vasek uses this mod because I was interested. He replied with some advice that he thought could help and I passed along that advice to fellow shredders in order to help, if you dont want to listen all you have to do is ignore my posts. By implying that I am sucking up to these other shredders you are basically saying that I put them on a higher level then myself or others, but this is not the case, they are just people like everyone else and one of the things I love about footbag is the atomosphere of acceptance and equality. I guess you dont see it this way or meerly believe I am immature enough to idealize people that are good at kicking a hack. Perhaps this is the way you see these shredders and maybe not but please dont make assumptions about other people, myself included. Sorry that I have offended you for what ever reason you have imagined I guess you just wanted someone to pick on. Also please note I never posted anything about this mod and it affects on symposium moves, please read more carefully if you plan to critize me.

I would give my personal review of playing with the mod for more then two weeks but I guess it would be viewed as impartial so I will just leave it out. Thanks for encouraging discussion on the board. Once again I apologize if I have offended you in anyways, its kinda sad that I all I seem to do is apologize lately and must try to anticipate with every post how I can avoid possibly offending people with my posts that are meant to be informative or enjoyable in a discussion atomosphere.
Last edited by jon on 08 Mar 2004 18:15, edited 2 times in total.
Jon's FootBlog

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 08 Mar 2004 18:00

Why not perform this mod on the outside surface, too, instead of just the inside?
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

Mr.Brocka
Shredaholic

Post by Mr.Brocka » 11 Mar 2004 04:56

as i wrote to JOn before ... i would like to apologize to anyone /and especially to JON/ who found my last post offensive in any kind of way ...

...and remember that brockcut cannot be taken as something that works by it self ...u need to stretch ...with proper stretching and brockcut u simply cannot have ankle flex problems.....

aith all the respect Peter Brocka

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Mar 2004 05:06

I did this other day - having seen it on Max Kerkhoff.

To be honest, I haven't really noticed any difference, although my clippers were fine anyway...

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 11 Mar 2004 05:24

Stephen Barnes wrote:Why not perform this mod on the outside surface, too, instead of just the inside?
Because unless you're Jon Schneider, you probably don't use your outsides enough to make that worth while. Plus when people roll their ankles, they roll them to the outside, so a lack of support on your outside probably wouldn't be a good idea.

dblthnk84
the Bum

Post by dblthnk84 » 11 Mar 2004 12:04

If someone tries it on the outside please post. I'm currious if it'd help dragons.
________
FZR600
Last edited by dblthnk84 on 06 Feb 2011 18:45, edited 1 time in total.