New footbags thread

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 08 Apr 2009 15:40

So I recently got my shipment of lotus' elemental footbags 10th anniversary range. Here are my impressions on these freestyle 32s:

The one on the right is straight out MONEY. Nice colors, soft, round, even and much bigger than the previous version. The sewing consistency is much better from what I can tell as well. And when I say soft, it is down right soft! I think the same red material from the previous range is used on the hexagons here (maybe of better quality because I don't see much pilling), but the blue looks and feels striking. No more large steel shot as well; the filler feels absolutely butterz. Here's a picture to show why.

I took the best picture I could (I apologize for the crappy lighting). On the left is your generic steel shot size 7.5, but the one on the right is a shot from the new filler inside the new range of elemental 32s. This is actually slightly heavier than planetfootbag special filler, which is filled in most European footbags and Footfighters. Also, at 55 grams, the filler that these elemental freestyle 32s have give them a very floppy feel (the fill ratio is 55%) while retaining a spherical shape of the 32. For the price and quality, I was very surprised.

The red/blue version is a great 32 at a VERY affordable price.

As for the multi-colored 32 on the left (from the picture above), the grey panels make the bag really stiff, and some of the colors have various amounts of thickness to them. This is not a bag in which I would recommend, but if you're looking for a bag that can take your abuse while keeping its shape for years on end, you can get this 32 and refill it to 60 grams or more.

I have yet to see what the yellow/grey version of this 32 is like. However, I can say that I do want to place an extra order of the red/ble version, and will definitely order a club pack for NYFA in the near future. Thank you for the wonderful bags Lotus! :o

PS: Also pictured in the first pic is a soft 10-panel doublecross leather hacky sack, also included in the new 10th anniversary range of elemental footbags. It is pretty big, but also nice, soft and round. Also filled pretty full, so if you're used to kicking around floppy bags, you might have to refill it.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 04 May 2009 16:56

The 3 bags on the right were made by Gary D'Alessandro (known as "fool" on this site). He makes some really wicked bags, especially with microsuede. If he has lead fill, ask for a bag with lead in it and you won't be disappointed. :)

Bags on left I bought & trade at last year's Chicago NYJ, and have all recently been given a wash after some break-in sessions. Top is a bag made by Julien Cote, bottom left made by Tom Mosher, and bottom right made by Brian Bear. All very fine bags as well.
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 07 May 2009 14:13

all such tasty bags: i love the four panel microsuede bags by gary, they look soo hot!

me and my freshly washed M.C. bag from NYJ :)
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 10 May 2009 19:00

My new MC Bag. I hope I find time to play with it soon!
Chrissy Fryer

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 10 May 2009 20:12

Awesome pics guys, thanks for taking them. I appreciate you getting in the pics too! :D
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Ur
Hack Fiend

Post by Ur » 11 May 2009 02:33

My first footbag, I got it from Hania. :P Needles to say, it's so cuddly and beautiful :oops:

These blurry phone cam pics don't do justice ofc

Uros Ramic

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 12 May 2009 04:52

I was walking around in Qingdao, and found a big box of selfmade, handcraftet FOOTBAGS!!!

it's crazy, even the chinese rednecks are stitching bags!!! :D

these are the two I bought:

[img][img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... 6Small.jpg[/img][/img]

left is a standart size and right a mini (nearly the same sizes as my bags are!!!)
they are filled with seed beads, little rocks and other stuff and the small one is not a 6 pannel bag, no,... ...it's a 2 pannel!!!

nice design!!!!!!

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 12 May 2009 07:11

Yeah, I see those sometimes in NYC too! But I always thought they were used for hand-tossing/juggling, and not for kicking. Of course, you COULD use them for kicking... :)
NYFA represent.

duffman_ohyeah
Circle Kicker

Post by duffman_ohyeah » 06 Jun 2009 12:57

I'd like to put a recommendation for the Matt Cross footbags out there. My only pro footbag that I've owned to compare it with has been an Abshire Amaretta fearless 55, and it wore through the material in only 5 months, though I suppose that could be my fault. Either way, the MC bags are a better size and feel very solid. Not stiff (after a few sessions anyway), just well stitched and strong, even after becoming super mushy. I think his stitching is very regular, since it maintains the perfect sphere shape really well. His patterns are cool too. I'd definitely buy from him again. He's also really on top of communication.

Matt, I'll be in the Peace Corps in a few months, so your bags will be known across the world!! I'll bring you international sales! 8)

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 16 Jun 2009 22:18

new bag i've got from matt bailey:

[img][img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/Alf_86/3.jpg[/img][/img]

he improved his bags till our last trade! (he gatheres higher now)

the amount of gather is very nice and the stitching is very exact and clean!

the size is golfball'ish, so should be the right size for a standart bag!

it's low filled but about 55gr or so!

a very nice bag!

I think more people should buy his bags!!!!!!!!!!!

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 17 Jun 2009 22:03

atta boy, who gave you tips? :wink:
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

matt_bailey
Multidex Master

Post by matt_bailey » 18 Jun 2009 12:36

thanks alf, glad you like it

and yes cale! i got there in the end ha
Matt Bailey

"what's up gov'ner!?"

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 13 Jul 2009 17:15

new hat and footbag from holly!
BRICK!

nyfa

Alf
Fearless

Post by Alf » 27 Jul 2009 03:06

here are the bag I got from lotus a week ago:

[img][img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... 8Small.jpg[/img][/img]

mini freestyler:

as waylon said,
the red/blue one is top!!!! the seconde I took it out of it's zipperbag, I fell in love!!!!
the bag is nice gathered (more than the old ones) has a nice size (I would say regular mini) and is really soft!!!!
the yellow/grey one is not as gathered as the red/blue one, and the fabrics just doesn't matsch as good as the red/blue one! but it's really soft too and should be nice for practising!!! I refilled it (but only to steal this awesome filler :D ) and it feels like a solid shred bag now!
the funk freestyler has the same nice colourcombo as the old funk freestyler. the colours look good! the grey is a little bit thick, but that makes the bag really nice to roll in yout hand and such! I didn't play with it yet, cause I like to preserve this bag as a collectors item!

the shooter:

the 20 panel design is dope! the bag is very soft and stally right from the beginning! it is less filled than the freestyler, what makes him even flatter and more stally! the brown one has an colourcombo, that just... ...matches!!! it looks really earthy, and natural!
the white is good for presentations! and is just PRETTY!!!!

over all:

the new elemental minis did a big step forward (even though the old ones were one of my favourite freestyle bags!) the gather is better, the filler is better and the new designs are real eyecatcher!

cheap freestylebags with a high potential to kick ass!!!! :D

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 27 Jul 2009 12:09

I've had several sessions with the NYFA club with the red/blue mini elemental [Freestyler] 32, and it is by far one of our favorite shred bags. It broke in completely after two sessions and one thorough wash!

I highly recommend adding smooth plastic pellets into the red/blue 32 for more volume in the bag. About 2.5 grams or more. It won't even feel overfilled, because these bags break-in and expand so buttery soft! I have to give the yellow/grey ones a try some time.

Once I get the funds, I'm definitely going to get a club pack. Thanks again Lotus. :)
NYFA represent.

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 28 Jul 2009 00:17

about those club packs ...

i'm putting together a new order for mini freestyle bags [32's only at this stage, unless demand for the 20's/62's picks up] ... so if anyone wants to e-mail me special colour requests for, say 10+ mini 32's, i will custom produce some club packs [only if the material in your chosen colours is worthy of a good freestyle bag].

so e-mail me within the next week or two if any of you are interested ... 32-panel freestyler bags would be US$12ea [10+] or US$10ea [20+] ... postage would be extra!
only the movement moves
lotus
www.elementalfootbags.com

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 24 Sep 2009 08:17

L to R:

Lonn Vo bag - thanks PI! scored it at funtastik.
Lise Thygesen bag - made in Africa! got it as a trade at worlds.
Holly Matthews bag - my main shred bag from worlds.

It's been a fine, fine summer, in terms of new footbags for my collection! my bucket of bags is getting pretty sweet.
BRICK!

nyfa

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 25 Oct 2009 08:22

Hey all, I started my career as a stitcher, check out what I've got so far.

#1 has been played with, Shred's very awesome right off the bat.

Anyone interested in buying some Dub Sacks?

2 Stitch Bags - 20$

Image[/img]

Sorry for the crappy picture quality!
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

C3$@R
Circle Kicker

Post by C3$@R » 18 Nov 2009 18:17

New MC footbag!

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 11 Dec 2009 08:10

My newest MC bag i got for a trade fo steel, its heavy and big, its fun to with in public, and the spikes kick serious ass.
Zachary Morgan