Starting over

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
cammel
Fearless

Re: Starting over

Post by cammel » 29 Apr 2022 14:22

SlashC wrote:
18 Apr 2022 12:24
That last video was eggcellent!

Also, props on the inside everything video from a few weeks back. I think we are probably the only two players to ever hit that drill, so welcome to the exclusive club! I have been inspired to try inside stuff again from your videos and am working on integrating some inside > neo combos. Here is one that I challenge you to hit: muted nuclear ss clipper > far guay > muted neo far clip > pdx drifter

If the muted nuclear near clipper is too difficult then you could also do a muted stepping near clip which is a bit easier and the only version of the combo that I've actually hit.
Thanks. Awesome challenge, love that it mirrors itself after the guay. Here ya go!

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 06 May 2022 12:19

Wow the combo came out great! Muted nuclear looks so cool and I love that you got it both sides! Props!

Here's another challenge that you could try: muted neo far clip > pdx illusion (or mirage) inside stall > muted neo near guay> rpt > far eggbeater toe > near eggbeater toe > rpt (if you want to spice it up you could finish the last eggbeater on an inside stall instead of on toe)

If you hit it or another variant combo you should add a video link to this 10 trick challenge that Mikko is organizing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15vc ... sp=sharing

I think the intention is that after getting a few more entries from other players that he will edit it into one big video. I did the muted stepping near clipper version of the previous combo to start my entry.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 06 May 2022 18:46

Super smooth combo - looking good!

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 15 May 2022 17:38

boyle wrote:
06 May 2022 18:46
Super smooth combo - looking good!
Thanks!! And thanks for the heads up about that challenge thread Rory. I'll give something like what you suggested a shot, it would be good for me to work on same/op egg drill, I'm not sure I've actually ever hit 4 contacts of it, my flip eggs are pretty shaky.

Not had very satisfying sessions lately, normally I can get a decent video out of a session, but had a few where I only had one or two good shots the whole time which was pretty frustrating. Got enough together from a few sessions to make it worth uploading.

Highlights:
pixie DLO BSOS
whirlx5 BSOS
clipper > swirl x 4. so bad at swirls. ugh.
blizzard > slapping butterfly > rpt
barfly x4
drifter x4
barrage > ss butterfly > rpt 8 contacts
blurriest BSOS
ducking clipper > ducking clipper > ducking flail
flipside fury
sailing mirage
reverse swirling pickup BS
pdx tap > torque

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 18 May 2022 03:15

cammel wrote:
15 May 2022 17:38

Highlights:
pixie DLO BSOS
How about the same thing with pigbeater? (pixie eggbeater)

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 29 May 2022 10:37

Thanks for the challenge Rory. Able to get the first drill, but not the eggbeaters at the end yet. 10 contacts is a long string for me haha..

Got pigbeater BSOS, almost bedwetter BSOS with it. Double pixie BSOS for first time. gyro rev guay BSOS. gyro DLO BSOS. Super duper fly. 8 contacts of drifter->whirl, which I'm fairly proud about, flip drifters have been tough for me to get good at. Still struggling a lot with swirls, I want to try and just keep practicing them because I really like the way they look (at least when other people do them). I can't really get my feet parallel to the ground very well on my clippers. See it especially in the swirl>far clip>rpt drill, my toe really points down. Not sure if that is something I can fix with posture or stretching, or if thats just the way my body works, but a lot of my strings end with a clipper where the bag just sorta rolls forward off my shoe because it isn't flat enough.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 31 May 2022 02:02

How about enterrage (double pixie is called terrage, and then add a legover on the other side after that)

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 09 Jun 2022 17:57

boyle wrote:
31 May 2022 02:02
How about enterrage (double pixie is called terrage, and then add a legover on the other side after that)
Only able to get one side, not the other today. Hit flurry BS. An ok drill far rev guay > ss guay > ss whirl (all muted) > rpt. It was pretty hot today and my camera kept overheating even though it was in the shade. Only 81F (27C) too. Seems like it should be able to work at that ambient temperature. Lame.

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 13 Jun 2022 07:32

Did some more terrage stuff. BSOS'd again, but still very inconsistent on flip. Got some good looks in at blurry barrage. Not the cleanest, but not bad for first day working on it.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 16 Jun 2022 23:08

You can do some pretty cool stuff if you mix the insides with these terrage and barrage type tricks.

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 18 Jun 2022 14:02

Thanks! Looking to see if I can get double fairy (toe set delusion) next session. Seems a bit harder for me than terrage right now.

Little session yesterday. Hit nuclear same DLO bs which was the highlight. First nuclear triple dex. My whirls are still really bad. Need to figure out how to change my form a bit, somehow I’m so off balance when I do them.

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 04 Dec 2022 12:09

Been a while since I wrote here. Have had a lot on lately, and haven't had as much time for footbag. I need to find a way to make sessions more fun, I tend to mostly find them frustrating. LOTDs will be fun, I generally like going in with goals of things to hit.

Really like the quantums. Don't see any drawback vs. lavers, and love how much lighter they are.

Drilled quantum sets to celebrate :)

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 04 Dec 2022 17:30

Quick session this evening. Didn't get warmed up enough to want to try the open LOTDs, but I think I have a good shot at hitting a few of those. Got all the intermediates on both sides though.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 06 Dec 2022 01:38

I like the colour on the Quantums. Would you be interested in putting something in for the Joulu?

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 06 Dec 2022 16:28

boyle wrote:
06 Dec 2022 01:38
I like the colour on the Quantums. Would you be interested in putting something in for the Joulu?
Sure, I could pull something together! Are there specific days you have open or do you just have a stack of videos and release them at random?

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 09 Dec 2022 00:25

I've got about 3-4 days still available, it's also always good to have a backup, as sometimes the videos just don't appear...

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 09 Dec 2022 20:14

Sounds good! I’ll upload something to my youtube channel, and if you tell me what day it’s for I’ll set it to be released then.