Skippy's Footblog (Skippy stars in: FINALLY, SOME PROGRESS)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 24 Jan 2006 12:51

Climas are soon to be on their way!!!! Hopefully they're not gonna be too small. I might have to barefoot em...and if they're simply too small, I'm gonna have to sell em. But I'm hoping that won't have to happen!!!! I've been doing a lot of sock shredding lately, and I've been attempting new little combos with pixie on my goodside, and stringing things. Like
mirage>pixie same side mirage
and other things. Just trying to get my goodside pixies in midstring. I am so, so, so, so, so excited about footbag right now. I feel like right now a few more doors have opened, and now is when things really get cookin'. At least, I hope so. Whatever, I love footbag no matter what. Which reminds me, I'm making some footbag related stuff in photoshop recently, which has had some neat results. Maybe I'll post some eventually.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 29 Jan 2006 14:02

I've decided that maybe I should make better use of my shred time at home. Usually when solo shredding in my basement, I just shred hard until I get tired, but I don't really structure it. So I'm thinking it's time to make a shred-ule!!!! Anybody reading this, feel free to suggest good drills for a tiltless player. So here's what I'm thinking so far:

Kicks all surfaces both sides - 2mins
Mirages bs - 30sec
sameside mirages bs - 30 sec
Mirage>sameside mirage>rpt - 1min
Pickups bs - 1min
Legovers bs - 1min
Consec flip clippers - 45 sec
Consec strong clippers - 45 sec
Clippers bs (if I can) - 1 min
....That's all I can think of...I need additions to make my shredule a little longer.

[/b]
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 29 Jan 2006 14:06

I find it easier to set goals rather than durations. Hit 100 clippers (not consec) each side, 100 mirages, etc., etc. Think of some combos/new moves you want to hit each session. It's easier to keep your mental game positive if you're hitting something new every session. :) Shred and have some goals like hitting move or combo x bsos. Regimens are the ding dang.

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 29 Jan 2006 14:20

Hey hot stuff. What's up my homie? Sorry I was in Toronto this weekend and we didn't arrange a shred/smoke/seeyourband sesh. I'm trying to make it to York though next weekend though, see you there?
Pengpeng Du

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 12 Feb 2006 19:45

HOLY SHIT

I GOT 1000 DOLLARS OF STOCK MONEY IN THE MAIL TODAY.

I'm SO buying new shoes!!!

YESSSSSSS

Also, this means that I have fundage for A VIDEO INPUT CARD!!! Yesssss. That's right. There will be much footage from Sauga shred, as well as some dope ass Toronto shred footage. Ugggggh!!!! I'm gonna go buy that on Tuesday, and I'll have footy up very soon. I've also decided (just now) that since this money came to me in a really lucky way, I'm definitely gonna get one of those lifetime membership dealies to the IFPA.

YEAH FOOTBAG!!!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 12 Feb 2006 23:53

stock money?! what the hell is that? you play stocks?

well, awesome dude, can't wait to see you out on the scene more.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 13 Feb 2006 05:24

It's been a secret to the footbag scene, but I'm actually a head-cheese of this huge coffee bean company.

But really, my parents invested in a company in my name back when I was born, and apparently this is the result. Sweet!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 14 Feb 2006 14:16

Wooo!!! Got the video capture card and it works like a charm!!! All I gotta do now is get my IFPA membership, and I'm set!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 14 Feb 2006 17:42

dan you blog title is hilarious, but might i suggest adding a percentage in there somewhere?
A.G.

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 15 Feb 2006 14:16

Ask, and you shall receive.

On a blog note, I decided last night that the days of onesided clipper tricks are over, and skooled the hell out of me flip clipper. It's actually going well, funny enough. I think I was drilling them wrong before...I hit clipper ss pickup b2b today which is a good start. More to come!!!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 17 Feb 2006 17:48

Session this evening ended with:
mirage>terrage>symple legover>parkwalk

It felt so good to hit. I'm really beginning to understand the importance of skooling, as well as good posture. I made an effort this evening to keep my back nice and straight while shredding and my consistency exploded....well, not really exploded, but I just felt like my game prolly looked a hell of a lot better.

I've been really really skooling my flip clipper. Which is really a stupid situation that I'm in right now, because I should have it dialed by now, and I don't. It's getting better, but it's nowhere near where I want it to be.

More to come later!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 17 Feb 2006 22:54

Go Dan Go!

I will be home this week, you and me will shred lots.

Love, Tom.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 18 Feb 2006 09:39

Give me a call when you get to town, hot stuff.

:P
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 20 Feb 2006 17:13

Toronto session today with Zach Forth, Camille, and Andrew. Lots of fun, and some new stuff was hit, including diving symple legover, which felt sooooooo good. I tried for diving symple pickup, but was unable to do it because I got mad tired. Unfortunately there's no footage of the diving symple legover, so I'm gonna have to hit it again in my basement. But I have other footage, mostly of just Zach and myself, and a little bit with Andrew and Camille. I'll make a sweet video tonight and have it hosted for tomorrow!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 05 Mar 2006 14:51

It's been a while since I posted in here. The reason is cause I WAS going to make a post earlier, and so I made a big huge long post about the shredding I did over my spring break, and then I accidentally right clicked (which on my computer at work, means internet explorer crashes) and lost the entire post. Needless to say, I was disheartened by that and didn't feel like rehashing those thoughts, even in an abridged format. At this point, I'll just say that I had a lot of shred and it was good.

HOWEVER

The big bad wolves, a.k.a my shitty legs have caught up with my lazy ass, and after some heavy shredding over the last little while, my right hip/ass, and basically my whole right leg feels fucking terrible. I'm sure not stretching doesn't help at all, but damn. So anyway, basically any time that I play for more than a half hour to an hour, I start feeling a lot of hurts in my right leg, to such an extent where it just hurts right down to my toes, and it sucks!!!! So yeah, I'm not injured I don't think...but it's looking like maybe I'm overworking myself? I should work on my flipside, but it's hard to even do that with my right leg hurting like crazy.

I shredded with Paul Agostinelli last night, and it was fun. He's gotten a lot better since I saw him at Rochester, and I'm sure he'll be even better when I see him next. I hit some alright stuff, but it didn't take very long for me to start feeling a burning in my leg, and after a couple hours of shred I could no longer play. So we chilled in the hot tub at his place for a bit and then I went home.

I can't wait till summer, and footbag events. I'm really hoping I can meet some more of the Western Canadian footbaggers sometime this year. That's my main goal. Secondary goal is to meet some more of the folks from the American shred scene...and final goal, which I doubt I can accomplish this year, is to meet some european shredders. All in time I suppose...I dunno, I just wanna meet all the awesome people that're into footbag. I mean, I know some, but I want to know more!

I'm kinda dragging on with this.
With any luck I'll be putting out some videos soon. I've got a couple toronto sessions on my camera which have yet to be completely edited and compressed...I dunno, I just have a bunch of crap on my plate, and video editing on my computer is a very, very slow process.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Tim
Shredalicious

Post by Tim » 13 Mar 2006 09:42

Hey man, awesome blog. I'm at school right now and it really makes me want to skip class and just shred my ass off haha. It's sick how you can see yourself improving so quickly (or at least quickly in my eyes). Keep up the amazing work!

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 14 Apr 2006 11:59

It's been a while since I made an entry here. Thanks to anyone who's come by to give'r a read.

My progression in footbag has come to a grinding halt. And I'm not even close to being 'good' yet. I've been having a big problem with not having any inspiration lately. Like, I want to play, and I want to improve, and then as soon as I make an effort, I just start sucking again and I get all blue and stop playing. I keep hearing about people who started at the same time/later than me and are playing way better than me...and I'm trying my hardest not to be intimidated, but it's awful difficult. My mission for trying to get people to shred with in my town is hardly working, and it's next to impossible to get a shred in with anyone from outside of my town, so it's getting a bit frustrating. I dunno. It just feels like everything's getting me down lately, and I think for sure that it reflects in the way I play footbag. I dunno, maybe if I had some wicked reason to be happy it'd be cool, but I kinda feel like a total mess lately, and it's translating to 'El Sucko' in the footbag world.

Maybe one day I'll get good, but not in the next year.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 14 Apr 2006 12:33

cheer up! watch some vids, and get back into it.

so your tiltless, and maybe still looking for drills, right?

how about pixie>legover>rpt
or illusion>lo
do you skool atws? you should, like atw>pix>rpt
so one day, you can hit datw, and tatw. i dont know if you can hit datw... it dont say...

just cause your not where you want to be in footbag, dosent mean you arent good. you can delay, so that makes you better than 90 percent of the worlld... youve gotta be good if you got a tiltless foundation.
maybe you just need to have a fun session. that always makes me want to play more.

have more fun dammit!

brian

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 14 Apr 2006 13:01

Thanks for reading, Bri. And I think you're probably right. I just need a really intense session with other people in order to recharge my inspiration-o-meter. Fortunately, I plan to use my BLADES to shred the GRASS this weekend, so all will be good soon enough.

EDIT: Worst pun in the world, ever.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 27 Apr 2006 08:38

WOOOOOOOO
GRASS was fucking AWESOME.

I love footbag, and footbag players.

And, I also hit Parkwalk like, 2 times. 4 adds what?! :P
Also hit ps mirage once or twice, and just represented some decent strings altogether.

Bad news though. Terrible, unfortunate news. My lavers, Ralph and Hurl (Pronounced 'Earl') were officially KIA at GRASS. I was trying to put them on for some shred on the Saturday, a little bit later in the evening, and my brocka mod ripped!!!! right down the side of my shoe. Anyway I convinced Josiah Digges to try and fix it, but it was definitely not by any means a permanent solution. So what's my permanent solution? It looks like I'm gonna have to buy some new lavers, as well as a new pair of Climacools!

WOOOO
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip-blog