A Master with a Riceball

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
boats
BSOS Beast

Re: A Master with a Riceball

Post by boats » 15 Mar 2017 18:51

new twin peaks is going to kill it. Here is a top post painting done by David Lynch himself
Attachments
Duckmans-Injury-by-David-Lynch.jpg
Duckmans-Injury-by-David-Lynch.jpg (237.49 KiB) Viewed 12682 times

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 17 Mar 2017 02:16

Dope Boats!

Great session yesterday with good energy! In attendance were: Kim, Jan, Frede, Blau, Peder, Verena and the Riceball Champ!

Unfortunately Kim twisted his ankle after 2 minutes. I don’t think it was too bad luckily, but that was a shitty start to the session. It didn’t look too bad and it didn’t swell up much, so fingers crossed that he will be back soon.

I mainly played with Verena and Frede. Frede was playing well. Lots of good looking Atomsmashers. I was playing fairly well. Main highlight was footing Fairy Ducking Clipper > Matador (inspired by Nick L and Mathias Blau) first try.

On our way out me and lilbro ran into the man, the myth, the legend Mads Hole. All he pretty much said, was the following joke: “If you get something hard in your mouth and get wet in your crotch, you probably turned your beer upside down.”

I am slowly settling in my apartment alone. Spend a bunch of money on furniture and stuff. Still a bit empty, but it will be great. I will share some photos of the more footbag related stuff soon.

I also went on my first date after the breakup. It was a pleasant experience.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 27 Mar 2017 05:40

Yesterday I had my first outdoor session of the year with the two wonderful gentlemen Nis Petersen and Mathias Blau.

I played pretty badly. It always take me a little while to adjust to playing outside after the winter: new surface, my pollen allergy and it was hard to get warm with temperatures at 10 celsius / 50 fahrenheit.

Both Mathias and Nis played pretty well in my opinion. Nis gotta be close to be completely over his injury or at least playing at a level similar to before. Blau is always a beast. It is a pleasure to get to play with somebody that good pretty often.

A couple of people came up and asked about the game, our bags and such. One guy even asked if he could film us for a little bit.
We need to remember to bring bags to sell and business cards. Speaking of business cards - here are the new ones we recently got done:

I did a small animated video to a text I wrote years ago. One of my good friends did the speak. It is in Danish but you might enjoy:

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 27 Mar 2017 16:39

Glad you hit that matador combo, and it sounds like your club is alive and thriving. thanks for the updates, I hope my bags arrive soon :)
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 30 Mar 2017 23:48

Moved back indoors yesterday and had a session with Verena and Nis. I got there a bit late, but still got to play close to an hour. I played fairly well.

Some highligths:
PLO > Quantum Legover [rpt] > Terrage > Run
Tripwalk > Blink > Run
17 Infinities first try
12 Ducking Clippers first

Now that I feel like I have gotten the hang of infinities I think this summer should be dedicated to Stepping and Mirage. Maybe I will go guiltless before I turn 30 after all..

Late last year, when Nick L was having money problems, I asked the rest of the club if they wanted to buy a bunch of bags from him. They did and we ended up placing an order for 8 bags. They got here this week and here they are:
I picked the multi-colored one in the second row from the bottom. I have never had a multi-colored bag.
He also wrote us a very nice note. Love you Nick!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 31 Mar 2017 03:26

I like his self portrait, though I think it should take up more of the page to show his lankiness.

I like those quantum tricks you are doing. I'm not very good at them.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 Apr 2017 02:47

Thanks Mr. Boyle

I played footbag yesterday and we had a decent turnout.

From left to right: Jan Birkel, Andreas Hald, Nis Petersen, Me, Peder Helms, Frederik Mens

I played with Frederik and my brother. I didn’t play that well, so no highlights this time. Frederik plays better and better. His current enthusiasm and eagerness is really cool. I was happy with how my brother did. He actually worked on his toe stalls and did a couple of real tricks (legover and atw).

I don’t really feel like writing in here, but I want to update this every time I play so here you go.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 20 Apr 2017 23:09

I am sitting in my living room, drinking some excellent coffee and watching last night's Cavs - Pacers game and working on some footbag stuff. I got today off and once I am done here I will probably g get a fresh haircut. Life is pretty good.

I played footbag yesterday. In attendance were: Andreas, Verena, Frederik and yours truly.
I played for a little over an hour with Frede. I always have a lot of fun playing with him but I rarely play well. Today was no different. So no real highlights to report, but it was good to play.
My goal this year was to play once a week on average. This is week 16 of the year and I have played footbag seven times. There was the “breakup break” and summer hasn’t started, so I am still feeling decent about this.

During Easter I did not play, instead I went to The Faroe Islands with my father and my little brother. My brother and I gave the trip to our father as a gift when he turned 60. His best friend lives up there and he hadn’t been for 30 years. The Faroe Islands are an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark and it is located between Norway and Iceland. It was an amazing trip and I posted a bunch of photos on Facebook. Here is one of my favorites:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Apr 2017 06:20

Asmus wrote:
20 Apr 2017 23:09
I am sitting in my living room, drinking some excellent coffee and watching last night's Cavs - Pacers game and working on some footbag stuff. I got today off and once I am done here I will probably g get a fresh haircut. Life is pretty good.
That does sound pretty great. I mean, the NBA game you chose could have been better, but still. Day off, good coffee, NBA, footbag project, and fresh haircut? Def a bit jealous.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 28 Apr 2017 00:17

I will from now on only do my footbloggin' here:

https://modified.in/asmus/

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 14 Jun 2017 23:05

Look back at my first years in footbag here: https://modified.in/asmus/category/tbt/

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Digging the new blog Asmus!

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jun 2017 13:02

Enjoying your new blog, also like that you're linking to it here. Makes it easier to keep up with for me. Great that you have so many photos from your early days... really brings the stories to life.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 19 Jun 2017 13:23

Yeah, I agree with Ken. It's great that you have so many photos from your early days.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 19 Jun 2017 17:22

That's great having all the photos from those early days. I was involved in some of the early days of the Australian scene, but I have very little to show for it in terms of photo or video memories.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 20 Jun 2017 23:59

Thanks for the comments guys. I started at a good point for photos to still be around, but I have also been doing quite a bit of digging to find some of the things for these posts.

I will keep on giving heads up in here, when I do longer posts.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 26 Jul 2017 05:35

I went to Berlin. Wrote a little about it here: https://modified.in/asmus/2017/07/26/berlin/

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 08 Aug 2017 03:06

This deserves a heads up. Since there is some footage in the post.

https://modified.in/asmus/2017/08/08/a- ... and-a-jam/

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Aug 2017 04:32

Nice post. Haven't been on Modified in a few years -- why is your blog elsewhere but still on Modified?
Nice video. I'd tried to catch it on YouTube before I saw it here but it was blocked for me. Strange that I can see it now when it's embedded in your blog post.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 08 Aug 2017 05:26

Hey Erik. Nice to hear from you and welcome back. :)

About the footblog stuff, there is some info here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24060

The video was uploaded on youtube first with the original sound but got blocked and then it was reuploaded with a new audio track.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 24 Aug 2017 12:40

More memory lane - this time the year of my first worlds: https://modified.in/asmus/2017/08/24/20 ... orlds-tbt/

Shout out to all of you I met for the first time there!