brinard

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 08 Dec 2007 01:39

I bought a wii in april, never opened it. I sold it last week for 400+ on ebay 8) My ps3 has crazy graphics and movies, Ill bring it and my projector to NYJ :)

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 08 Dec 2007 05:15

holly, i'm soooo glad you got your dog home safely ... i remember a photo of your dog was one of the first things i saw when i finally came to modified ... in the 'post your artwork/photography' thread.
some lovin' from momma and he'll be wrestling brian and catching balls in no time ... no chewing footbags though, right :wink: !!

and brian, nice bag but not for me sorry ... not ALL black and spikes are TOO long. hope you are cool with making another :roll: !?
only the movement moves
lotus
www.elementalfootbags.com

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 08 Dec 2007 10:25

are you serious, lotus
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 08 Dec 2007 10:40

If Lotus really doesn't want that bag can I reserve it for NYJ? It's super badass. :D
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 08 Dec 2007 11:20

thanks zac!

buddy is doing pretty good. hes on pain meds so he keeps falling asleep in silly positions. im so thankful he's back.

for those of you who didnt comment in my video that i just put on the thread... here is a link to it.

full version: http://holly.angelblade.com/videos/hollydec_full.mov
web version: http://holly.angelblade.com/videos/hollydec_web.mov
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 08 Dec 2007 12:12

Hey, glad the pup is doing well. My poor black lab (about 9 years old) has to go in for surgery just after x-mas to have a lump removed. $700!!! Damnnnn. Will definitely get pet insurance for our next dog (though I hope Piggy lasts a lot longer!)

Also, I checked your vid. Cool stuff! I'd love to see one of tons of links of legover and mirage etc. Maybe you're there already, but I thought from that small clip that it looked like you're on the verge of having "that rhythm" that you see in footbag players, and I think a vid like I'm requesting would show that/be helpful for you. Of course, if that's old news to you, I'll just shut up :-)
Bob R.

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 08 Dec 2007 17:37

Nice to hear that your dog came back :)

downloading your video now.

Nice bagz Brian, i remember reading your posts that you have started stitching, you became a really nice stitcher :).

Plus im a fan of spiked bags. :)

lotus
Multidex Master

Post by lotus » 10 Dec 2007 03:38

PegLegHolly wrote:are you serious, lotus
yep, i'm afraid so holly ... wasn't remotely close to the bag i requested (i.e. black/white = not all black, i'd say at least 40mm spikes = not 1", almost 45 grams = not 50 grams, etc).

i really don't think i'm being unreasonable (although i have been wrong in the past) ... but when you start a topic with a very specific bag request and a stitcher contacts you and quotes on it, you expect it to be THAT bag right!!?

AND, i knew there would be other players who would jump at the chance to buy it if i didn't. so i'm sorry that it didn't work out, but i certainly don't feel that i've been unreasonable ... all i wanted was a BLACK bag with 20mm WHITE SPIKES (after i saw someone playing with one like this on 'worship the hack') ... it was to be my performance bag because i have always performed with an all black bag and thought the 20mm spikes would make it super visible ... am i a bad man ... :roll:.
only the movement moves
lotus
www.elementalfootbags.com

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 10 Dec 2007 09:29

i didnt say you were unreasonable. brian had put a lot of effort into that bag, even made a new spike template.

sorry we dont know much about conversions. we dont use mm here. not to mention he could have cut the spikes down. i understand it wasnt all black, and i wasnt keeping up with what you two were saying back and forth, so im not in this one. i thought it was a rad bag.

its over though.

we work 9 to 5 all week. hope we have time to make more footbags. nyj is a little over two weeks away!
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 11 Dec 2007 20:40

It sounds like someone shot buddy with an arrow and then realized it was a dog with a collar and removed the arrow.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 11 Dec 2007 20:44

welp. the day started bad. i left my purse at school yesterday and called within 30 minutes of leaving and asked the front desk guy to find it and hold it for me. i got to school and picked it up today... someone stole $60 out of my wallet. i was going to use it at the yoyo meeting tonight for a new yoyo... but there went all my hopes and dreams.

work was brutal. lots of physical-ness. i had planned on footbagging at the yoyo meeting, but my body was trashed by the time i got off work. so i yoyoed instead. that was fun. we then went to bellacinos and ate dinner. the yoyo guys are so cute and genuine. we got home and my house is under construction basically. we had to tear up carpet. fun.

but the day has ended with good news. my twin has to have cell phone insurance cause he breaks every phone he has. well he broke a phone and bought a new one because insurance would take a few days to get here. so i got a free cell phone. and this isnt like my cell phone... where the neatest feature is speaker phone. this one is some new-fangled music phone with a camera and ondemand! woooah! and its mine for free! thanks for breaking all of your phones, georgie!

my doggie is doing much better. hes still not walking on that leg, but hes wagging his tail and being the cute doggie he is.

brian gave me an awesome yoyo! im getting okay at it... im still an uber noob but i had trapeze and double or nothing.

brian is such a sweetie! a pocket full of awesome sauce! we have fun no matter what we're doing! love you, bee rye!
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 13 Dec 2007 20:50

You've improved Hollykins. That video looks good.

One thing to note, if you look at your style with the comfortable 2 ADDs vs. your tricks like gyro toe, you'll see that you are a lot more upright and relaxed in the shoulders. Just be aware of this difference because it makes your style look a lot smoother and clean.

Sucks that someone stole your money. People suck sometimes. Here's a funny story about shitty luck at one point though. Someone once stole my credit card while I had just turned my back and then took it down the street to use it. I found this out when I called the CC company and then called the police and met the perpetrator at the movie theatre they were enjoying a movie at. Not the brightest of criminals. :lol:

Brian, bring a deck to NYJ. Standard? Extended? I'll prepare one or two accordingly. Maybe we'll get a two headed giant game in. Tom's been bugging me for a game. See you two soon!
Pengpeng Du

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 15 Dec 2007 20:59

i dont play by magic rules. never really tried. too poor to buy enough for standard. how about you try to make a broken deck to play against me? any cards you want to use. P9, whatever. my decks are out dated, but cool none the less.

we made deans list!

we both got A's and B's, with a final grade good enough to make it!. i got a 3.66 this semester.

work last week has been rough. we're sore. three more days until our
'vacation"

just been dicking around today. holly napped, i yoyoed , and caught up on cartoon watching.

looking forward to my cw im making. first one for me in a while. its to match my eetsit.

gotta stitch tomorrow...

oh, and i need to contact twist art gallery... they have one of my pieces, maybe its sold.

guess thats it.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 18 Dec 2007 20:28

so any readers like PF? well, sometime after nyj, ill be filling an order for their international shop. its a sweet order too. ive been talking with them since like june, and now its happening!

one more day of work.

we started playing WOW. its alright. kinda slow. kinda pointless. but we got free guest passes, so what the hell, eh? :roll:

been getting lots of good feedback about my yoyoing. i think im getting pretty solid as a 5a'er. youll see at nyj i guess.

ive been in a stitching slump. i started a bag...but thats it. drew out 4 bags for PF. probably have 5 or so bags for NYJ. we'll see how next week goes. i wanna do that grey/black/orange blur like eriks. it was hot.

no footbag for weeks now. my left ankle started to feel a little tweaked today. i havent done anything to hurt it, and my ankles are usually pretty resilient... i hope its better soon.

i guess thats all i have to say.

cya soon

brian

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 23 Dec 2007 20:10

bought wow. its getting better.

finished some footbags.

redyello=holly
trispinners=brian

holly made sushi today!!!

getting ready for nyj.

gotta run.

brian

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 31 Dec 2007 21:58

we're home!!!

nyj was pretty awesome. i dont need to do any write ups, but i may drop a few memories in here for my sake. we'll see.

sold all the bags i had. should have had more.

met some new people i could relate to.

sorta made plans for next time. (should've s)

im sore.

brian

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 01 Jan 2008 11:28

I'm really glad you guys came. The word to describe Brian and Holly is "warm." The footbag event could have been like the walk to Chinatown - which was fun but with responsibility. but you guys were my super insulative and comfortable scarf and mittens. I don't know if that analogy makes sense.

Dat
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Dat » 01 Jan 2008 21:35

He's a jew.
Dat Phan
-

CL: openFrameworks

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 01 Jan 2008 23:19

awwww, thanks tom :D :oops: <embarrassed

im not sure if i get the analogy, but i take it as a compliment.

hit s&m smasher day before nyj. it was cool.

hit a super clean guillotine at nyj. it was cool.

we're getting nerdier by the day here.

WOW before christmas
now we're getting into MTG.

its weird. i have dreams, often about a particular instance in time, unforeseeable until it happens. its not like final destination, or even a premonition. its just a second in time i had seen as a dream many years before.

example: one day, i had a dream about playing cards at my bros. i had a certain hand, and something was said (dont remember now, but w/e) then something happend in the game and everyone dies.

then about a year later, we played cards at my bros. i drew that hand. ron said something. everyone lost. just like my dream. everyone was sitting where i had imagined,

i had that "de ja vu" again today. i dreamed about sitting at the table with holly (who i didnt know when i had the dream, prolly 5 or so years ago),

but it was like i had seen it already.

anyways, not so sore.

new simpsons dvd.

my favs of nyj

bubble tea
chinesex4
sushi
griptitz
magic
sauna
shred room
queefin
snow

much more. too tired.

thanks to tom, zeke, reilie, and goldberg. you guys make nyj happen, and i cant say enough.

im out.

brinard

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 03 Jan 2008 09:25

Hey guys! Thanks for the hospitality and making the trip so much fun. It was great to spend time with you & get to know you both. You two are so cool and fun. And also Cody & Matt are a lot of fun. Cody is awesome... I guess Matt doesn't read this.

I should buy a bag from one of you. Or both... hmmm....

Even though going down to South Carolina is kind of a queef, the trip back up to NYJ makes it all worthwhile.