brinard

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
LEGOMAN
Egyptian Footgod

Post by LEGOMAN » 27 Aug 2008 15:07

=[

you made awesome bags

i love you
People that like LEGOMAN - 10
People that hate LEGOMAN - 1000
LEGOMAN´s posts - Priceless

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 27 Aug 2008 23:01

I love you guys, you're totally missed and totally awesome.

Good luck with whatever you're doing, you'll always have a dorky fan cheering you on from Canada! :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 28 Aug 2008 12:45

woah, people are still reading this thing? amazing...

i finally know what it feels like to be old. i knew it when i realized that summer is a season rather than a holiday. life didn't used to be like that. going back to school, people have been asking "holly, how was your summer?" and i think to myself "what is summer? did i miss it?"

no footbag since new years. my knees are obliterated and as much as i loved footbagging, i cant force myself into that kind of pain. i think id like to get more involved behind the scenes of footbag... such as organizing, doing websites, and maybe stitching again someday. im not a competitive person and don't see myself trying to become the best footbagger ever. i'd be happy with best friend ever (or maybe stitcher someday).

the lack of footbaggers in my area might be why i'm not motivated. i think once the chicago thing goes through, it'll become much easier.

other than that, i've been working, going to school, and playing video games. my little brother is now going to college in memphis, and my twin brother might be getting out of the marines in a year or so. the house is empty other than us and my parents and the animals.

i miss brians mother a lot. i miss my grandmother a lot (she died a month ago from brain cancer). my grandfather has been talking about moving in with us someday.

brian and i might get married someday as well. no rush here, but it's definately something i can look forward to.

i graduate in december of next year! that's right, only three more semesters for this chick! classes are becoming more intense and more of my time is having to be spent on making my portfolio the best.

MY HAIR IS LONG! THAT'S RIGHT!

edit: i love you too, guys. you have my number, call me! (i still talk to dat all the time... dat, YOURE AWESOME AND GRATS ON THE GF)
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 07 Oct 2008 10:09

the lack of footbaggers in my area might be why i'm not motivated.
please do not list this an an excuse as to why you don't play footbag anymore. i know brian & yourself have been through a great deal the past few months & i'm sorry for your loss. i believe that you have enough valid reasons not to play footbag if you don't want to. if you love something enough... you find the time to do it. it's just that simple. i think every footbagger i know has taken a break at some point, & people need the recovery time.

since andrew has moved to Murfreesboro we've been having regular weekly sessions, including freestyle. we have 4 regulars andrew, alex, taylor (newb), & myself. there are a couple more kickers, but their not that frequent. we alternate between Murfreesboro & Nashville. if you guys are ever down to kick give me a shout.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 26 Oct 2008 00:50

youre weird, elliott...

finally made a footbag. first time in 10 months. it was like giving birth (as if i knew that feeling). maybe someone will buy it and make me want to make more.

i hurt my back. i might have to wear a back brace. i wanted to kick (aka hack) today but im not sure if its worth risking. i just dont know if i could enjoy it anymore.

hope you like the new hair. i miss you guys (and girls!)
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 26 Oct 2008 17:58

hugs!

please just randomly come to NYJ!

aww, that totally just reminded me of when we first met and we were walking back along the super long building and I felt like doing a string and I sorta half twisted my ankle.

Anyways, that was totally random, but I miss you guys around here.

:)
Tom Mosher

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 26 Oct 2008 18:07

hey cutesy!! nice bag. I'm about to cut out panels for bag #200... it's going to be a 5 color radiation bag (with some of my VERY LAST active green).

hope to see you sooner than later :)

matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 27 Oct 2008 16:28

your wish is my command!

we are coming to nyj. ill let you know when we book the plane tickets.

just got off the phone with kevin crowley! hes so cool! <3

so here's the "idea"...
i need to footbag again. not like before though... where i could butterfly but couldnt consistently hit clippers. i mean for real. like starting over but having the knowledge of what i need to do. ive been really depressed lately, and it might be the lack of physical activities (unless sexin' counts...). i think instead of doing it for someone else this time around, im gonna do it for me. my back is in a lot of pain, but i think after some workout it might get better. im gonna try to go to a doctor about it soon, but im not sure if i have the money. anyway, footbag is on the agenda now.

i think im gonna start my own footblog instead of feeding off of brians.

also, im making footbags again. you saw the one above, but i have about 5 others cut out and waiting to be stitched. save your milk money, kids (this means you kyle hewitt) cause the market will soon be repopulated with holly bags.

hold off on your 2add string suggestions for now... till i start the new blog.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 27 Oct 2008 21:07

Gee Whiz!

Can't wait to see you there!

And I think your footbag plan is a great idea, start with relearning stalls and get them with perfect form and then slowly build up re-learning dexes both ways on both sides and give yourself a super solid foundation.

To be honest, I'm really glad you're back! :D
Tom Mosher

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 03 Jun 2009 20:20

hey guys!

i know its been a while and we didnt get to make it to the last jam like we wanted.. but i wanted to let everyone know we're doing good and having fun with life.

again its summer time and i think im gonna try to shred alittle soon... i dicked around while on a trip to japan, and hit some silly shit really easily, and it was fun. stuff like ducking ss clipper, revswirl, and some 2/3 adds. and that was with some crappy 4 panel meant to juggle with!

maybe one day ill get back into stitching... is there a market left??? i could use some money so if any of the stitchers has an opinion on that let me know!

ive also started to get back into guitar.. its lots of fun! it pretty much started because of this guy

who could blame me? its the new gibson les paul axcess. it rocks so hard.

sooo i guess im back to where i started. i suck at footbag haha, and i could use some more money, so stiching might happen if enuff ppl are interested.

anyways, ill probably be around alittle on here, so holla!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 03 Jun 2009 23:58

Howdy. 2 weeks in Japan boy, very awesome.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 04 Jun 2009 10:01

I've seen the pictures on facebook. Sooo jealous and envious! I'm happy that you and Holly are doing well. :)

I'd definitely be up and interested in some brinard and pegleg bags in the future. :wink:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 04 Jun 2009 10:23

Hey Brian! Cool that you're playing again, even if its just once in a while. Hey, weren't you guys talking about moving away from Tennessee? Or is that like off in the distance somewhere? Well, take care.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 12 Jun 2009 17:12

hey guys!

just checking in.

had a few days worth of play, maybe a half hr a day. i dont remember the last time i sweated so much...

but i had fun, and got outside for a little while.

mostly worked on foundation stuff, and some short (i mean SHORT) strings. a few drills, mostly tiltless level, and a good warm up and stuff.

been playing guitar yet more... man its really relaxing. better than dicking around for sure.

ive been doodleing again... mostly monsters and silly shit. i dont have a way to post pics, since im at my dads. maybe some day...

ive also been paying attention to my diet... eating small meals, (and not skippign meals) and limiting my soda intake... ya i know thats hard to believe. i bet i USED to drink more mtn dew than anyone on earth. like a twelvepack in a day or so. im suprised i still have teef. we'll c how all this continues when school starts back...

anyways, just thought id let yall know im doing ok and still kicking lol.

cya soon

brian

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 11 Jul 2009 14:58

making footbags and footbagging again. pm me.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 14 Aug 2009 18:06

hit ducking butter b2b on thursday. first attempt.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 17 Aug 2009 05:32

1967 vox viscount. 2x12''. 37~ watts.

1980's regal banjo (liscensed under fender).

took us 2 hrs to get the banjo strung and tuned :P

these things sound so good!

i gotta head to work :(

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 24 Aug 2009 18:30

banjo is coming along well. learning some rolls now.

classes... arent. well. kinda.

one of my classes didnt make, so that means it was canceled permanently, before it started. and no one told me : / so i was walking around forever today trying to find my class which there was none for. fun.

heres my class layout
illus 2, web 3, 4-d, and french film. 3 studio classes (yuck).

on the plus side, i can make cartoons in three of those classes. i decided i wanted to make cartoons for my living some time ago.. not sure if i ever got around to saying that... but anyone whos watched tv with me knows that already.

well.. i guess thats most of my life in a nutshell, for the time being.

back to the shred shed!

b

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 24 Aug 2009 21:38

Guitar is fun as hell man. That Les Paul looks pretty sweet.

I recently picked up that yellow kickside that I traded you for a long ass time ago. Still dead unresponsive, just how I like it. It's fun to go on walks while yoing. You still yo?
James Randall

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 26 Aug 2009 19:52

i was like ... Kickside???? OHHHH

yeah i still yo, but its pretty seldom. i have so much going on all the time...

excuses : /

aanyways, yeah. i still do the few tricks i know... mostly 5a. only use two yo's, have like 12.

i play my bape and my bvm. thats all that are in nashville atm.

but i been riffing on the ol banjo alot.. learned wildwood flower, whiskey before breakfast, and starting to learn some others. im no scruggs tho.

guitar is sick ass shit. i want to play more but like i said im pretty busy.. but my work hrs getting cut soon, so more time to dick around. woot! and im wow free, so no worries there. got lots of better things to do.. maybe not gonna progress my life in any certain manner, other than personal achievements accomplished!

gotta draw

b