TwoZee's

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Re: TwoZee's

Post by Zjeezy » 02 Dec 2012 22:24

I played footbag on November 2nd and Novmember 26th. I sucked during both and didn't have fun. Now I have a 4 inch gash in my thigh from a work accident and wont be able to play till it's healed.

See you in 2013?
zach jahner

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 09 Dec 2012 08:54

dang papi.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 16 Dec 2012 23:16

I probably give the worst props in all of Footbag

zach jahner

Anton
Shredalicious

Post by Anton » 18 Dec 2012 09:58

Hand/eye coordination just not that dialed in ^^ Must have bee a flipside highfive (zero ADD)
\m/ichigan shreds

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 18 Dec 2012 11:22

It looks like you just asked Tom to feel your forearms.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 18 Dec 2012 12:26

that toes looks like me. Is it? cuz i don't think I have white shorts like that.

Anton
Shredalicious

Post by Anton » 21 Dec 2012 07:27

Nah white shorts wearer is sir Adam K. See ya this afternoon Zach, can't wait to rip it up and show you my progress!
-A
\m/ichigan shreds

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 15 Jan 2013 18:29

DUDE!!!!!!!! HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!!!!!!

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 27 Jan 2013 04:35

Just lost 14 gigs of footage from yesterday. So fucking angry right now

Things you'll never see I hit yesterday

-open paradon swirl
-blurry rev superfly
-rev superfly flip
-symp bullwhip

Literally so angry I can't see straight.
zach jahner

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 27 Jan 2013 09:49

whats rev superfly? is that like far symposium barrage? cuz that would be balller :o

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 27 Jan 2013 11:23

Yea dude! Whats rev superfly look like? Did you catch it on video?

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 04 Jul 2014 06:22

I haven't been on modified in so long I dont even recognize it.

here Kamil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Paurb3C5vE

I was just in Seattle and kicked with Reilley Adamson. I had a really fun session. Maybe he will post some video of it.

I'm still kicking, not very often. Not as good as I used to be, but its still fun. Maybe I'll start posting again
zach jahner

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Jul 2014 15:47

Zach! Miss you buddy! Great to see you on here and to hear that you've still been playing. I've still been inspired by you with several concepts I'v been working on. Cant wait to kick with you again man. Would love to see footage and I hope to catch up with you at a jam sometime in the future.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 05 Aug 2014 09:16

Zjeezy wrote:I haven't been on modified in so long I dont even recognize it.

here Kamil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Paurb3C5vE

I was just in Seattle and kicked with Reilley Adamson. I had a really fun session. Maybe he will post some video of it.

I'm still kicking, not very often. Not as good as I used to be, but its still fun. Maybe I'll start posting again
Good to hear you've been kicking.
I can't see the 2nd dex on the reverse superfly. It looks like an under the body hippy ps whirl to me. Still dope though
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 18 Oct 2014 20:24

I sit here on the computer listening to gangster rap and drinking reds apple ale. Those two things contradict themselves. Like how many gangster rappers are sitting in the booth writing tracks about fucking bitches and slangin rocks and drinking a hard cider. Probably none. Either way I just had a pretty sweet night. Went to the Red Wings game and it was the first overtime game I have ever witnessed in person. Our captain, Zetterberg, scores the game winner with only 9 seconds left in OT. I had 8th row for it!

I have been thinking about footbag a lot lately, but not so much in idea of combos and runs. I have focused a lot of energy in trying to make the MI NYJ sweet. We have a legacy to carry on from the CIC NYJ (Which I am the only active Michigan player to have attended one). I want to make it sweet and get and amazing turnout. The later helps the first.

I want to be able to shred well at the even also. But both of my knees have been injured for the last few months now (a few years for the left knee). Pushing myself to get better isn't even a feasible option. That has transformed what footbag means to me over the last year or so. I haven't been able to really try and get any better with having pain keeping me from playing. I have had sessions almost once a week with Anton or David. But with my knees the way they are I can only manage that one session, maybe two a week. And usually those are held back because of pain.

Currently I do not have any health insurance, but hopefully that changes soon as work is going well. I hope once I do get insurance I can look for a solution for my injuries. In the mean time I have found a new way to love footbag. As much fun as it has been to push myself and to get better, I have seen my club flourish over the past few years into a more active group than I have ever seen in my career. Michigan has had some great players over the years, and while I don't have much to contribute, hopefully some others can carry the torch. I still love playing, but I only do what doesn't hurts. Lots of spins, ducks, and swirls, which have always been my favorite anyway.

If you are reading this that means you should come to the Michigan NYJ. It's going to be epic. It's looking like we are going to have more US Champions at our event than the last US Open had, Plus last years US open Champion! And I'll be there too, actually playing footbag, and loving it more than ever!

I am working on some new footage from when Evan and Cassy came to visit. In the mean time take a second to watch the older video from when I pain free. It's long and the editing sucks, so don't watch the whole thing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgNEewjfQTg[/youtube]

Fuck you new modifiend and me not being on modified in forever! I can't figure out how to embed the video. Fuck it
zach jahner

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Oct 2014 23:13

Zachhhhhhh

It's great to see you post here. I was excited when I saw you posted tonight. You've always had such a sick style. I saw your recent videos too, still sick. Sucks to hear about your knees though. Really shitty. Knee braces? Hope you figure out something to take the knee pain away.

In other news... I will be at NYJ this year. Looking forward to chilling and shredding with you again. You've got a hell of a crew there. Good luck with everything. See ya sooner than later.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 19 Oct 2014 22:49

I embedded the video for you. Always really liked your style!

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 21 Oct 2014 14:20

Thanks Nick, I can't wait to shred with you at NYJ. You have progressed so much since the last time we played. I think this was the last time [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUwRcScY2hU[/youtube]

And thanks Asmus, teach me how to do it. Or just keep doing it for me.

Had 2 prety good sessions. 1 Sunday morning with Anton one this afernoon with Anton. It's starting to get cold in Michigan, so these are probably the last few sessions outside.

I did one stepping trick today. And my knees felt pretty good during and after the session. So I don't think I am going to stepping set and see how my knees feel.

Anton and I have been racing to 30 guiltless at the end of our sessions. Today I had a handful over 30 and a couple over 40, including this one. Stupid little combo at the beginning. Spinning rooted pdx mirage - near swirl, then a really boppy 45 with no flip toe. Gotta put more flip toe in runs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-TcpO1VKEY[/youtube]
Last edited by Zjeezy on 22 Oct 2014 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
zach jahner

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Oct 2014 23:16

The link should look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgNEewjfQTg
So not https:// but just http:// and nothing after the v=code

And then you just but [youtube][/youtube] around it.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 22 Oct 2014 01:17

Hey Homie,

I have been playing on and off as well (more on than off recently), but have a lot to do to get my ass back in shape.

About your pain, I suggest eating a lot of potassium, and eating it often. Also, stretch everyday or (at least consistently) and build up your leg muscles around the knee. All of these have worked wonders for me. I don't believe you have to play through the pain. I think you can get rid of it so you don't even have to worry about it!

Great to hear from you, and thanks; your post has made me want to post for the first time in months, possible upwards of a year...

P.S. I hear that avocados have significantly more potassium than bananas.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson