TwoZee's

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Anton
Shredalicious

Post by Anton » 12 May 2012 08:40

7 active \m/

Well Z I think it's time we pay Angeski and brandon a visit.
Also, we need to make plans to shred it out at demf and/or electric forest

Awesome session last week bud, alpine whirleygig totally made me cream
Did you get that nail out of your foot yet?

Oh yeah and you need to come out to Kzoo soon, I've been killing it this week
Disc golf>Mtn biking>nighttime kayaking>bar hopping>ruining lives, etc
\m/ichigan shreds

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Jun 2012 17:39

How about some updates, ya bum?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rKrPkbPrs[/youtube]
Last edited by C-Fan on 17 Oct 2014 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 11 Jun 2012 18:39

Here you go Ken!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TALd_7Ml ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
zach jahner

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 11 Jun 2012 21:56

I watched the first 2 minutes so far. Looking good pony! Nice control.
You're looking quite fit too.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 11 Jun 2012 23:18

dude you're playing so well. Like man you got much better, and you were already legit. How have you been training?

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 12 Jun 2012 20:12

It's not often I watch a 7 minute video of one player straight through without getting bored. but I just did. seriously good stuff and great style.

how are the bags?

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 13 Jun 2012 12:49

Really nice!
What's the ball you swirled at the end?

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 15 Jun 2012 17:05

Tom: all I have really been doing is shredding. but doing lots of work in the beginning of a session on basics 2's. I have also been using a chainmail bag a lot which helps heaps with control.

Nathan: The bags are amazing, I have been using the multi colored one a lot, and had one really awesome session with the other one. Thanks for the kind words, coming from a boss like you it is awesome.

Erik: Juggling Ball

Here are some highlights from this week.
pdx whirl - blender - pdx whirl - rpt
blurry whirl - swifter bs
spin whirl - ps whirl - rpt
stepping whirl - mobius bs
blizzard - dimwalk - rpt - blur - dimwalk - rpt - schmoe - dimwalk - rpt
magellan - PLO - rpt - smear - open mirage - rpt - paste - open pickup - rpt (here I come open everything!!)
infinity - osis - osis - rpt 129 contacts
ducking clipper x 33
gyro clip x 24
pdx whirl - barfly b2b - pdx whirl
barfly - pdx whirl b2b - barfly
barfly - pdx drifter bsos
barfly - ddd - rpt
blender - pdx blender - rpt
pdx mixer - drifter - mixer - drifter - rpt
pdx whirl - vortex - rpt
ripwalk - pdx mixer - legbeater - rpt
pdx whirl - blur - dimwalk - ripwalk - rpt
schmoe - smear - dimwalk - rpt
blizzard -open whirl bs, almost rpt
blur - open paradon bs
schmoe - open DOD bs, footed bsos
mobius - pdx blender - bsos
pdx torque - tomahawk bsos

I have been working my flip open and my flip stepping a lot. I am starting to see progress with the open set. and I just realized with my flip stepping I am not jumping of the ball of my support foot most of the time. Hopefully this will help.
zach jahner

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 03 Jul 2012 05:08

June has been an interesting month. I spent the begining of the month by buying a new car, so that was nice. I also started seeing a new girl, both of these things kept me from playing footbag as much as I usually do. I was also promoted at work, I am now a manager of whirlyball, and I have my own key. I can go up to whirlyball and play footbag at any time now.

On the 20th I went to Texas for the Whirlyball National Championships. It was an amazing time, easily the most fun I have had at a whirlyball event. My team got 4th in my division and got defensive play of the year award, but Michigan as a whole had a very poor showing.

I got back and turned 25 on the last day of June. On my bday I had to make my first car payment. "welcome to adulthood" is what it felt like.

The girl I was seeing decided to end it last night. Which isn't all bad, it wasn't really working anyway.

Here is a video from 3 sessions in June. Most the the video is from 1 session.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWnINx1uqY&feature=plcp[/youtube]

I got a Go Pro from my parents for my bday. This is the last video I will film and edit on my phone. Hopefully I can have some new cool video's that look better soon.
zach jahner

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Jul 2012 08:13

Thanks for the update and the video. I always enjoy watching you play.

Congrats on the promotion and the car. Also, congrats on the breakup. If it's not working, it's always just better for it to end sooner than later. Save you time and emotional energy.
Zjeezy wrote:On the 20th I went to Texas for the Whirlyball National Championships.but Michigan as a whole had a very poor showing.
1. Cool that you went to that.
2. Weird Michigan did badly. My impression was that Whirlyball is mostly a Michigan sport, and it's not real widespread outside your state.

You should post a video of you playing that.

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 03 Jul 2012 09:19

You game looks tighter then a cute girl butt right now!

More seriously, it looks to me that you loose some wieght and that you are much lighter on your feet then few months ago.
Maybe it's just because you improve or something, but overall, that look sharp! I noticed especially how good your stepping set got.

Keep it up!!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 03 Jul 2012 14:39

Yeah, good video.
I really liked the blender drill. That's on my dream list.
I look forward to the GoPro footage. Maybe try to shoot with the sun instead of into it next time. Or shoot into the shadows instead of from them, if that makes sense.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 03 Jul 2012 16:00

Nice, pony.

that blender drill is still unchecked on the list on my wall. I should try it soon.

Your strings look cool, nice trick selection, and good form/style.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 07 Jul 2012 10:28

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYWHLbU ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Here is some video from the first 2 session I have had since getting the GoPro. I know all the clips in the first session are too far away. I was still trying to get used to how it films. I am also using different editing software so I am still trying to get used to that. If you have any suggestions (besides the first angle sucking) let me know
zach jahner

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Jul 2012 14:48

So nice.
The video's a lot brighter too.
I use the same camera. I have the LCD backpac though. I'm not sure if you do yet, but it's a great investment if you've got a bit of extra money -- it helps a ton to set up the shots or to use the camera for anything other than tripod hack.
I recommend getting the camera even closer. Right up in there. It still feels pretty far for a hack video. I think I usually have it no further than a metre away from me (and consciously attempt to stay pretty close to it). Hard to remember since I haven't played in over a week...

Also, your game is getting noticeably better and better every video you put out! If I had one suggestion for your videos themselves in general I'd say that they could stand to be quite a bit shorter. Not that the shred needs to be weeded, but the same tripod angle for 5+ minutes is a lot. I usually watch your videos in a few instalments. I'll re-emphasize, though, that I love the shred. The superflies especially looked zoopersmooth.

Also, your neighbour has a gorgeous house!

PS: One more thing. If you're going to mix fullscreen and widescreen, you might consider exporting as a widescreen file and fitting the fullscreen to the dimensions rather than the other way around so that the video doesn't end up all boxed in YouTube with that black border for the second half. I understand it's just a test video, but... just saying.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 07 Jul 2012 21:47

Double Posting Like A Boss

Last edited by Zjeezy on 07 Jul 2012 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
zach jahner

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 07 Jul 2012 21:47

Its been really hot and humid in Michigan. I still have been playing outside anyway. I can only muster about an hour before I am just too trained from the heat. Today I thought I played rather well, and hit some nice things. I never thought I would be able to hit scorpions tail - blurriest. I definitely have never seen the toe swirl combo before. I really like the ending to this vid. Watch in full screen so I am not tiny!

I also still feel that my flip stepping is weird. I think I am trying to move it too far laterally and not enough vertically, or maybe just too far laterally and I am not getting back in time?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zexWC-pt ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Erik,
I am going to get the LCD attachment, just haven't yet. Today I got the camera closer, but I still feel it needs to be even closer. It is just deceiving with it only 5 feet away that is it too far away.

I have always thought my videos have been a bit too long, but at the same time I like putting the footage on youtube, so that I can delete it off my hardrive. I like making videos for others to see, but a big part of it (especially since I never break 100+ views) is logging the footage so I can go back to it later to see if anything has changed.

If you like my neighbors house, you should see some of the others around. I suggest you make a trip to Michigan and I'll show you around. Also, I didn't realize I was shooting different resolutions until after I had recorded everything. I also have no idea on how to export as a widescreen file and fit the full screen dimensions.

edit: I forgot to add music to the video. I suck at this
zach jahner

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 08 Jul 2012 02:35

nice vid. we need to play soon.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 10 Jul 2012 17:15

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbsa5Nuz ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Yet another video. I hit some nice swirl stuff this day.

Footbag is really fun. I wish more things brought me this kind of joy
zach jahner

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 10 Jul 2012 20:42

Fuck ya swirls! That last run was off the fluckin heezy mah zjeezy. I havn't watched your other vids yet but I plan to after I post this. Also, that's awesome about the whirlyball championships! Host a tourny so I can come and see whirlyball in person and possibly steal a bumper car and pretend like I know what I'm doing. :P
Doug Tank