TJ`s Footbloggin` it up

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 26 Jan 2006 23:27

My girlfriend would not have liked that AT ALL :D
RIPWALK BATTLE!!!!
I cant wait to shred today... I get out of work in less than an hour :!: Right now in Japan it is Friday January 27, 2006 :roll: 4:25 pm. for those that care. Japan is 14 hours ahead of the eastern time zone in the US 8O
I guess that means I know what the future holds...
(That last sentence sounded a lot cooler in my head :wink: )

EDIT:
Zach, that is sweet that you hit 5 ripwalks and you have been fewer years than me...

Zach, you suck because you hit 5 ripwalks and you have been playing fewer years than me...

pick one :wink:
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 29 Jan 2006 16:19

...and now, a weekend update...
Friday`s shred,
After I got off work, I ended up meeting my girlfriend at my place. We hung out for a little bit, and then I told her that I was going to shred.
As I arrived at the station, I got that preshred `I cant wait to shred` feeling. I like that feeling :) I started warming up, an noticed that the same two spots on my legs were hurting "great" I thought, "just what I wanted to deal with at the BEGINNING of my shred" :cry: About 5 minutes after thinking that, I noticed a group of 6 people watching me. Being that one of them was almost a cute girl :wink: , I decided to see what was what. I asked them if they wanted to play, well actually I appoached them and asked who was next. They apparently were just coming from a restaurant, so needless to say they were all a little drunk. They were all wearing suits, but didnt hesitate to play at all. We circled up and played for what turned out to be about 20 minutes. We got a 'Full Hack' only once, but by the time we finished, I saw an improvement in all of their abilities. I told them to come back and play, and they agreed. The girl, um, the girl, damn, forgot her name :roll: stuck around for a minute and talked with me. She spoke pretty good english, and I complimented her on it. She said she alway sees me at that spot in the train station playing. I told her to come talk to me whenever she comes around. Sometimes I think I am too nice. I mean, I dont think my girlfriend would have liked the way I talked to this girl, I just cant really help it :P
I dont think anything new was hit Friday, but I felt good knowing that I introduced the sport to 6 new people who all seemed interested in it :D
Saturday I took the day off for my legs to heal, but more importantly to spend the day with my girlfriend and go to Universal Studios Japan :wink:
It was my first time, but my Hitomi has been there several times, so she showed me around. Actually, the park closes at 6 on the weekends, and I had to teach until 2:30, so we didnt get there until between 3:30 and 4:00. We each got a year long pass, and becuase its Japan, those sorts of things take incredible amounts of time. Anyway, by the time we finished, we only had enough time to walk around to a few shops, and then leave.
That brings me to Sunday. Saturday night Hitomi spent the night at my place :wink: , so needless to say Sunday morning was slow :lol: We both were headed in the same direction after we left my place, me to shred, and her for school, so we rode the same train. As we arrived at the station (the station happens to be the same also), we said our goodbyes and went our separte ways. As we left eachother I began to prep myself mentally, which isnt too hard, especially considering the fact that I hadn't played the day before :) As I got to the site, it was just me and Chahan, which is fine for me. I knew that Kenzo was coming at around four, and it was 2 thirty when I arrived so after a nice long warm up, he would be there in no time. As it turned out 8 people showed to shred! It was really cool, We had 2 four man circles (one circle had Yuko in it though :wink: )
We played for just over 4 hours and I hit:

stepping same whirl
pixie ducking dlo and ducking dlo same string
Ripwalk x 6
atomsmasher x 4

long, controlled strings too but more importantly I schooled both sides, and things are starting to become easier I have noticed. That is a good feeling :D

Then, after returning home with Hitomi, she gave me a full body massage :!: MAN, that felt good :wink:
Afterwards she told me something that was really awesome. She told me that she wanted to start shredding 8O :!: The really cool thing is that it wasnt the first time she had mentioned it, its just that last night was the most serious she has said it. At the same time, I dont want to push it on her in the least, so I havent bought her shoes. I figure if she REALLy is interested in playing, she will take the initiative to get the shoes, or at least ask me for help getting them. If she does start playing, I think she will get good really quick, i mean I play everyday, and I think she would too, after a while, at least.

More to come after today`s shred...
TJ Boutorwick

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 30 Jan 2006 01:02

Tjuggles wrote: `I cant wait to shred` feeling. I like that feeling :)
not only You.

Props on Goliath - Pixie Ducking DLO

what's about rubberman. have You it :D ?
Kamil Hucal

x+y
Shredalicious

Post by x+y » 30 Jan 2006 06:32

Props on Goliath...

and ON YOUR GIRL!
Afterward, you can never speak to cute girls while sessions :lol:
Hideki Yamamoto
http://www.educ.cc.keio.ac.jp/~y14304/
available until end of Mar '11

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 30 Jan 2006 06:37

hey tj, its awesome that hitomi wants to play footbag. but i see i problem i think you have overlooked. What happens when you are shredding with her and one of the cute girls you have been talking to come up and take to you. and if they dont make sure you dont oogle at the pretty girls that walk by. i dont think girlfreinds like there boyfreinds looking at the other possibilites.

p.s. come home so we can shred.
zach jahner

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 30 Jan 2006 15:51

Goliath huh?...
I think I have hit the fairy version of it too, but Im not sure. :roll:
As far as staring at girls...
I think the main point that I was trying to get at was that I get to hang out with my girl AND shred at the same time. Yes, it might be impossible to talk to other women while we shred, but while she has the bag, Im free to look around all I want :wink: Zach, I would come home, but, well, I dont want to catch your 'screw through the foot' disease :D

Yesterday and Footbag:
I got home at the usual time, just about 6:30. I immediately changed clothes and as I was about to leave, I decided to watch a little bit of shred on my computer. That ended up taking a bit longer than I wanted it to, but oh well.
As I arrived at the station, i stopped by the juice bar where Hitomi works, and talked with her coworkers for a few minutes. After that, I went to the conbini to get something to drink. I already had some coffee on me, but I figured that wouldnt be enough...
Anyway, I start stretching and finally lace up my lavers and started to kick. About 30 minutes into the shred, I had to pee really bad, so I stopped shredding and made my way to the bathroom. On my way the two guys that gave me ten bucks about a week or two ago were standing in the hall by a pachinko place. I ended up talking with them for about 20 minutes, more than I wanted, but, what are you gonna do :?: Its rough being famous :roll: I was suprised that they remembered my name, and that I lived in Michigan. As it turns out, they are looking for a drummer, and I have played the drums for 11 years, so telling them that only made our conversation longer...They took down my phone number and said that they would take me out for drinking and Karaoke. 8) Cool, I guess. I left them, took a piss, and went back to the site to see if I could warm back up and shred some more. I could. I played for a little bit, then realized that my shin splints came back :!: :cry: :cry: That sucks a lot. I stopped kicking and walked around on my heels for about 5 minutes or so. That helped a little, so I will continue to do that. Because they were sore, I decided only work on swirls. I schooled both sides for the next hour, or hour and a half, with only limited success, but I feel them getting stronger...a slow process indeed...
Today, if I shred (my allergies are bad right now), I will school swirls some more, and start thinking about my phat combo for when I go to Okinawa next month.
Yesterday I hit:
ducking ss mirage (bsos)
spinning clip x2 (flip)

PS. Nope, still no rubberman. My legs were too sore yesterday to try it...
You get it yet? I hope not, because I want to do it first :wink:
TJ Boutorwick

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 30 Jan 2006 21:39

And no ripwalk contest for at least a little while. If you want to know why, you know where you look. :wink:
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 30 Jan 2006 23:46

no i haven't got it, yet, but i'm really close.

ducking ss mirage = weaving mirage
Kamil Hucal

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 31 Jan 2006 15:44

Thanks for the common name, Im not too knowledged, apparently... :oops:
You are close to rubberman and so am I :? I havent had the strength in my legs to try it recently, but since I havent been shredding that hard the last few days, I think they might be good to go today, but who knows :o

Yesterday,

I got off work two hours early, so I was really looking foward to shredding, although recently my legs have been too sore to go all out, so I knew that I would only practice swirls and lighter moves. As it turned out, I only played for about 30 minutes, basically working on swirls the whole time. I busted a couple srings for some passerby's, but that was about it. I hung out with Hitomi from the time I got home from work, to the time I kicked, and then she met me at the station, and we went home together. I was sort of pissed at her for a little bit, because even though I wanted to shred, she wouldnt give me the time to. What I mean is that after I told her I was going to shred, she said she was going to go shopping, and then go home. The plan was that she would go home, shower, go to my place, make dinner for me and wait for me to come home :D What actually happened was she went shopping, came back to see if I was done kicking (this was about 10 minutes after I started), and then after she left to go to a different store, she came back again to see if I was done. I knew she was hinting that she wanted to go home together, plus my mental game was pretty much shot, so I told her that I was done. She sensed that I was upset, and told me to keep playing, after apologizing a bunch, but I told her to not worry about it. All in all, I think it was a good idea that i rested yesterday, my legs being sore and all.

As for today's shred, well i havent yet so that will be tomorrow. I am going try to borrow a video camera today from school so I can tape my shred, wait, I mean tape rubberman when I finally hit it. :wink:
TJ Boutorwick

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 31 Jan 2006 18:11

It'd be nice to see what Hitomi looks like too, since you mention her so much. It would just give a better feel for your life, I think.
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 31 Jan 2006 20:14

Ok.
I will try to get a picture of her up sometime soon. I tried just a second ago, but either I dont know what Im doing, or the file wasnt read right, or both, because it didnt seem to work.

:x
TJ Boutorwick

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 01 Feb 2006 18:01

MAN! I had a great session yesterday :D
I want to do it again today :!:

Here is the jist of how it went...
On my way home, I stopped at my buddy's house to download a video of me and Charhan shredding last weekend (its in the vid section Osaka 1/29/06). After watching that, I really wanted to shred, especially after reading in his blog that he will do his best to not lose to me at the next Japan Nationals :x
About 30 minutes before this took place, I was invited by Hitomi to go see a movie. The 1st of every month, movies at the theatre are 10 bucks (normally they are 18 8O ) I was set on shredding so I declined, which at the same time made me feel bad that I wasnt hanging out with her, and thus my mental game went down :( I worked myself out of it and by the time I reached the station where I live, I was pretty much good to go.
Now then,
I got home, changed and made my way back out to the station. Upon arriving, I went to my normal spot to find about 8 highschool girls (in uniform) doing what turned out to be a performance for school. They talked with me for a bit (the usual where are you from? how old are you? your eyes are BLUE?! speech), and then it was on to shred. I stretched really well, which I think helped my legs a lot, because they really didnt hurt at all yesterday, which made kickin a lot more fun. I really drilled tiltless as a warm up, something I should do a lot more of. I played for about 3 hours at the station.
I hit:
weaving clipper x 16 (strong) x 8 (weak)
diving clipper x 10 (strong) x 6 (weak)
leg over (rpt) x 20
pickup (rpt) x 12
alpine whirl :D sorry dont know if there is a common name :oops:

fairy same leg over > fairy same pickup > magellan> pixie same mirage (rpt) << It was sloppy though...
strings felt good too...

I tried rubberman and ripwalks, but I didnt get into them, so I didnt really practice them. I will get on that though...

After getting back home after the shred, I watched some footage as I ate dinner. That made me want to play more, so I kicked for about another hour in my room. I didnt really hit anything, just worked on spins, swirls and toe set whirr.
Today I will shred, and then go to a birthday party...
TJ Boutorwick

setman
Banned user

Post by setman » 01 Feb 2006 23:19

Dude, props on alpine reactor (atomic duck. whirl), i will try to hit it today.
nice to see fairy tricks in your runs :wink:

i footed blur as last trick in rubberman :/
Kamil Hucal

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 02 Feb 2006 19:03

setman wrote:Dude, props on alpine reactor (atomic duck. whirl), i will try to hit it today.
nice to see fairy tricks in your runs :wink:

i footed blur as last trick in rubberman :/
It was not atomic, but pixie ducking whirl.

You footed blur as last trick? 8O
Rubberman is mine today. My legs are good to go...
May the best man (or women in your case :wink: ) win...
TJ Boutorwick

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 02 Feb 2006 20:08

Ok,
Yesterday...

I took the day off yesterday, so I feel that this post will be a little shorter. I got off work and met up with Hitomi at the station. We shopped around for a birthday present to give to my buddy. I was going to his party, while Hitomi was going to her dance lesson.
To make a long story short, We bought him a Gremlins pillow, I slept at this girls house (his friend), Hitomi got pissed, I did somethings that should not have been done, and I only got one hour of sleep.

Today I shred...if I can stay awake :x
TJ Boutorwick

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 05 Feb 2006 19:59

Well, another weekend without posting in my blog...

Here is how the weekend went...

Friday started out with the usual strecthing and warm up kicks. As I was getting into it, this kid, Matt, approached me and asked me if I 'Hacked'. I said yes, and then he asked if I wanted to play :roll: I was already playing, so naturally I said yes. He wasnt to bad. He had all the kicks, toe stalls and somewhat of a jester down. He said he would be back the next day (Saturday), but I wasnt :D
Then after he left at about 7pm I finally hit Rubberman!! 8O
I hit it really clean (at least it felt like that), and then proceeded to scream with joy :o The rest of the session was so much fun, especially because I hit rubberman earlier :D
I printed the list of drills that was posted in the forum I dont know how long ago, and then tried some of them.
I hit:
One Touch x 3
Stiller x 1
Prismatic x 1
Serpent x 1
Clippin x 2
HopHop x 1
General x 1
Antique x 3
Idol x 1
Andromeda x 1
Cracken x 1
Stargate x 1
Piratos x 1
Inquest x 1
Difience x 1
Desperado x 1
Uncle Sam x 1
Tomato x 1
Hunter x 1
Mountain x 1
Lord x 1
Master x 4
Godlike x 1
Inhuman x 2
Hardcore x 1
Drunken Pig x 1

I will edit this into my first post, as a way to keep track of my personal records and progress, so please check there often :wink:

Saturday...
I met everyone in downtown Osaka at about 3:30. We played until about 10:30pm 8O It was a lot of fun and I didnt want to stop, but my legs wouldnt move, and Hitomi was waiting for me. Some of the drills I mentioned above were hit Saturday, but most Friday. :) Saturday Kenzo, Charhan, Debi and I think that was it. Sunday, the same three plus two more, but I forget their names :cry: one really tall guy, and a girl.
Sunday is as follows...
I took a Kanji test from 3:30 until 4:30 sort of near where we play. Imagine the test being my fist, and my face being me. Now imagine my fist beating my face inwards until it pops out the other side. That is what the test was like. :roll: It was interesting though, although there was no way I passed. Ill pass next time. I shredded from about 5 until 8 or so. i was tired, and everyone had left about 2 hours after I got there. I drilled spins, with limited success and juggling a bit after everyone left.
Sunday I hit:
tapping dlo :wink:
That was fun, but my legs hurt after I hit it...
Today I plan on doing more drills, if I shred...
TJ Boutorwick

x+y
Shredalicious

Post by x+y » 05 Feb 2006 22:48

Other 3 Rubbermen have born in Tokyo crew lately...
yeah, we love it...!
Hideki Yamamoto
http://www.educ.cc.keio.ac.jp/~y14304/
available until end of Mar '11

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 05 Feb 2006 23:03

I hit it Takumi hit it...
have you hit it too? 8O
TJ Boutorwick

setman