Alex Urano?

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Uranos
Flower Child

Alex Urano?

Post by Uranos » 18 Jan 2006 03:57

Hey all,

This year is going to be one of my important ones as i have a Year 12 subject to do well in and i also am attending worlds in Germany. I realised that i want to have a fresh start in my training season this year and i will hope to record the amount of hours i school components.

Firstly just a bit about myself,

I have been playing for exactly 2 years now, and i have had a blaster of an experience in this sport so far. Last year (2005) i practiced alot and it imporved my game alot..but unfortunately i didnt compete in the Australian champs just held this month. Although i had a great time nd it was awesome catching up with the other shredders..
I am Japanese, and i have been living in Australia for 3 years now. It is fun here, although i must say i miss japan alot as well..

anyways here's what happened at the Australian CHamps 2005.

Routines:
1. Phil Morrison
2. DYlan Fry
3. Dan Ednie
4. Nic Bathgate
5. Jesse Malouf

Shred 30:
1. Dylan Fry - 223 8O
2. Jesse Malouf - 130 ish
3. Phil

Sick 3:

1. Phil Morrison - Blurry Whirl > food processor > ps whirl
2. Dan Ednie - Janiwalker > blurry whirl > ps whirl
3. Jamieson Hickingbotham - Ripwalk > pdx drifter > Ps whirl

Sick 1 (unofficial)

1. Phil M

i cant believe some of the stuff he hit during nats...it was totally insane including

leviathan, alpine whirlygig, stepping whirling swirl , ducking void, stepping spinning osis, quantum blender, flailing diving symp whirl etc...

Dan ednie was also impressive hitting new moves like blurry tomahawk and Gauntlet which was awesome.

Today was the end of the Australian CHamps and i had a great time especially with the NZlanders like Nic B and Toby and RIchard and Phil..see you guys sometime!
Last edited by Uranos on 23 Feb 2007 15:49, edited 19 times in total.
Alex Urano

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 18 Jan 2006 05:19

I don't want to alarm you but you're a year behind. Its 2006!
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 18 Jan 2006 05:56

I was gonna say... I don't even remember competing in last years champs!

What an amazing week... thankyou to all

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Jas
Shredaholic

Post by Jas » 20 Jan 2006 19:37

yeh it was a friggen awesome week, and alex ur bloody awesome at footbag after 2 years, and i cant believe uve been in australia for 3 years.
Jason Po

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 21 Jan 2006 04:46

Thanks, Jas. It was awesome to play with you and nice to meet you as well. We can organize a shred hopefully before next year.

Weeell i played today with Tobias, dan and sam. Tobias is from New Zealand and he's real cool. He can do like datw in-out pretty well and some pixie and reverse whirl moves. Man whats with Nz'ers and reverse whirl!! 8O

Anyways i worked on my blender tricks and they are feeling so much better. Like i dont feel im doing them wrong or anything which is good. FLipside is much better.

After Australian champs im keen on training more and more and hopefully i can attend ther Tasmanian CHamps in April held by Jeremy and his HBC.

At home i had another solo session and played for an hour working on my flipside double dexes (out-in). DATW flip feels much better and so does paradon and barfly. IM really happy on how its going atm and i hope i can soon do alot of flip double dexes in my runs. HIghlights were spinning out of paradon bsos which felt nice.
For my next 1/2 hour i schooled blenders again and they are feeling cool as. I hope one day they are my main tricks in runs because i love them.

To sum up...

2 hours of footbag today..

Total in the year: 2

PEace,

Alex
Alex Urano

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 21 Jan 2006 13:56

Cool! I'm about to celebrate my second footbag anniversary too! It would be pretty inspiring to try & get on a par with you :) . Anyways, I plan on going to worlds too so it would be cool to see you there.
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

Bllllog-Challlengiz-Ogre gallery

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 21 Jan 2006 15:46

Props alex

you are such a solid shredder and bound for greatness

It is awesome that you and jesse are getting so good at such a young age, it inspires me to get to your level.

Keep on shreddin bro.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 23 Jan 2006 04:19

Thanks Wim and Hagesy. Its comments like those that can really make your day :D

Wim - thats awesome your going to worlds. We can shred together heaps which would be cool as. Its great to know we have the same anniversary too :)

Well i played footbag today with Matt Boyall and Cameron, and then shortly after Brendan turned up as well at MSAC (Aus champs venue).

Today was more of a chillout session for me, we played alot of 4 square and it was loads of fun. Cameron won like 3 games and i only won 1 i think..Matt won 2. It was real great because Cameron doesnt play footbag but after seeing his skills in 4-square im going to try and convince him to start freestyling! :D

After brendan came i decided to shred for a little while. I am trying to regain my form on stepping and general shuffle in my game, mainly because i hardly ever did that stuff for a while and i felt it becoming so much weaker.
I tried to drill stuff like ripwalk sidewalk rpt and other things like consec ripwalks and just consecutive stepping stuff in general.
I also tried to drill my symposioum whirls because i wanna be able to do ps whirls without much trouble soon.
Flip spinning seems to be getting much better as i feeel more confident with them and can put them into runs without much trouble. Still needs work though.

Today i also decided that my favourite moves that i wanna do in strings in the future are blender/torque and gyro tricks. I love the feeling of blenders and torques, and i love how the move mobius and vortex look...so sexy. I hope one day i can do pdx blenders. torques. mobius. vortex in runs...

Today i also realised that i only have 1 more week of holidays! 8O Its amazing how quickly summer holidays pass when your enjoying yourself. It will mean less footbag soon :( But i still am looking forward to a fresh start st school.

Ok so thats enough for today.

PLayed :1 hour

Total in the year: 3 hours 8)
Alex Urano

Boyall
Hack Fiend

Post by Boyall » 23 Jan 2006 04:39

you give me too much credit but i think it was 2 and a half games Alex,
good to see your inproving alot under my helpful gaze

Matt,
There is no Boyall in team, unless it is an All-Boy team. PM if you dont get it

Matt Boyall

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 23 Jan 2006 04:57

Your lucky alex

The school kids up here in rockhampton are already back at school.

peace
Anthony Hagen

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 23 Jan 2006 22:00

Good stuff alex! It sounds like you have pretty much the exact same goals as me! Gyro, Blender and Torque, but I want to add eggbeater and double switch to that list for my game this year :). We should bounce training tips of eachother bro!

Shred on shredder!

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 23 Jan 2006 22:43

I hope you go to hobart and do a routine (i'm assuming theres a comp). I have to say i was disappionted you decided not to compete at nats. If your back was sore thats too bad, but based on what i saw you hit on the day, i think you could have given it a go. You are more than capable of an excelent routine and should really think about competing as much as possible, especially if you plan on going to worlds.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 25 Jan 2006 21:31

Yeah i will definately give it a go.

Today i had a session with Cameron, Brendan, Barry and Lawrence. At Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC). It was a bloody good idea to play there considering it was 40 degrees outside 8O ....terrible.

We started the session at 1pm and it was SUCH a surprise to see Barry coming to a session with footbags he made! :D To another surprise, they actually play really well..i had no trouble playing with it whatsoever. So thats a good hope for the future Melbourne Stitcher because im sick or ordering from overseas. I even offered to buy some off him soon! :)

Anyways we all played really well. Barry is hitting Legovers on both feet now and he also hit pixie today for the first time (i think.). Atw's both sides, he is improving rapidly. Mirages are also no problem for him.
Brendan is also playing really well. He is hitting clipper on both sides very well and he even managed to hit flip clip set mirage! Pdx mirage on his good side also was awesome.
Cameron is getting really good at the kicks and he is hopefully going to start freestyling very soon. He sounded enthusiastic about it anyways which is good. Same for Lawrence, he got the hang of kicking the bag towards the end of the session which was good (improved through playing foursquare).

The most exciting thing about the MFC scene atm is that so many new players are starting to play and they attend kickc regularly now. Some are even close to the tiltless level and its really exciting to watch.

Today i decided to work on DRIFTERS. They have been quite the trick that i dont do much in the past, but today i worked really hard on them and lcip set drifters are feeling very easy now. I was trying to just keep hitting them in runs and also tried for consecutive drifters and set my new record. Pdx drifter feels better on one side and smoke on the other.
After drifters i worked on flipside stepping clippers and emphasized to do more flip blurs in my runs (from Jesse). They were great, at one stage it was pretty relaxing. They need alot more work though. I gave flip rippped warrior a go and the set feels very clean.
So overall , not much with the blenders this session. It was more of a stepping and drifter session.

Pretty good day indoors for me, and the other players are going to be awesome very soon. Watch out!

P.s wtf..the food at MSAC so expensive. Its so annoying but meh.

So today:

PLayed 2 hours

Overall: 5 hours for the year.

Peace out.

Alex
Alex Urano

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 25 Jan 2006 21:40

Sweet action. Drifters are the bomb. New players rock. Yes the food at MSAC is priced ridiculously, but their wraps are nice.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 26 Jan 2006 12:28

yes their wraps are delicious.

props on the work on drifters

That is a concept i definately want to work on later in the year.

peace
Anthony Hagen

Canthraxsoldier
Multidex Master

Post by Canthraxsoldier » 26 Jan 2006 15:29

the food is so overpriced

I only had chips, which were right up in the "worst chips ever" category
Daniel Boyle
Footblog- http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=8613

LJ- http://www.livejournal.com/users/danbok/
myspace- http://myspace.com/danfromcanbra

President- UCU Footbag Club, Canberra
ACT Rep- Australian National Footbag Council

Jas
Shredaholic

Post by Jas » 26 Jan 2006 16:44

go the satay chicken wraps i think it was.. :twisted:
Jason Po

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 27 Jan 2006 02:55

If you've got nothing to say please dont :) Seriously, the last few posts have been about cheap food (1 line sentences, i know i said it in my previous post about food but) and it really clogs my blog and its annoying because everytime i poast something new i wanna see my progress compared to previos entries...but there so much in between.
So if your gonna post something please make it something i will like to see

Well shredded today..solo session which was good.But before i start talking about that...a bit about my day..

Well i got up quite early thinking i should probably start my homework seeming that i have to summarise 90 pages of psychology by monday..and i hadnt started 8O Anyways i watched the Simpsons for about 2 hours..seriously Fox 8 is the best channel ever! 8)

It was not until 1pm which i thought "fuck" about me not starting my homework. So i quickly got out and tried to get my psych notes and...

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY?"

I instantly became panicked and i was looking everywhere but i couldnt find it. So i decided to call my mum and ask..(what a stupid idea i thought). So she answered and told me "ITs definately in there somewhere, youve missed it"

With absolute doubt of this, i checked again, and BAAAAM there it was! :D
Its amazing how my mum always is right 8)

Anyways i started at 1:15pm thinking i could finish the whole 90 pages by tonight...after 1 hour of solid work i realised i had only summarized 3 pages 8O jesus these take so long to summarise....i calculated i would need another 30 hours to finish the whole thing:(

At 5pm i went to the Hair dressers and i got my hair cut..its Short as now! I almost look like a kid. In conjunction the really cute girl there in the shop (half jap half aussie) saw me and we exchanged smiles :D previously i did a bit of modelling with her so it was nice.

Wheni got back home i thought i should do more hw...FUCK that i played some footbag.

So my session goes like this:

I played in my room for a bit and i schooled symp whirl for a while, and then moved on to torques. Now that my back is feeling OK i schooled alot of FLipside torques and its going really well. ALso my osis is pretty good now and it looks good also. For torque i hit my first ripwalk out of flip torque, so its good because it means i had control.
Then i tried to do a few Pdx torques, damn i think im figuring them out thanks to Anz's tricks video :D

Also worked a bit on drifters, rv swirl and blender...
My game has more torques and drifters in runs now which is good...

Anyways:

Session length: 1.5 hours

total in the year: 6.5 hours

Peace,

Alex :) :)
Alex Urano

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 27 Jan 2006 11:26

Alex, Toby thinks your sexy...

That was so that there is something you will like to see in my post ;).

Good stuff with the torques man, I am still miles from stepping out of either of my torques, sounds like ur game is still increasing at quite a pace! Good to hear :) I will have to check out Anssi's torque video ;).

Good luck with those phyc notes dude :p

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 27 Jan 2006 14:50

Awesome work alex cant wait to see you shred next.

what anz is doing is so great, the pros should all get together and do similar videos, because they are a great resource.

Alex, you should ask that girl out man, that way you will have less time for footbag, there fore i would have at least a chance of catching up to your standard.

peace bro.
Anthony Hagen