Nathan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Nathan

Post by Nathan » 14 Feb 2006 14:58

Hi. I haven't updated my old thread in a while, and I don't want to so...

here's my new blog.

Right now footbag is pretty shitty. My sewing has gone down one step on the scale for no reason, so I haven't done any orders and in general I'm pretty pissed with how they look right now. Every time I try to play one of my legs hurts somewhere, and I don't have time on weekedays to spend stretching for 30 minutes before I play to get out my kinks.

I managed vertogo bsos and vortex on one side, those are my only accomplishments in footbag lately.

my grades in school last semester weren't so hot so I'm ptutting more effort into school, but who knows how long that will last...

Comments and whatever are cool.

Bye.
Last edited by Nathan on 23 Feb 2012 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 15 Feb 2006 00:14

Yoga.

Get up an hour earlier and do yoga each day. That'll help to correct your "kinks".
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 01 Mar 2006 15:13

Thanks Kevin. I have been able to play some more, and I haven't been doing so bad.

Right now, I really dont have much time to stitch, and I am going to have to retract myself from selling publicly until this summer. Whenever I get a couple bags done, I'll post the pictures here and you can PM me if you want one. People whose orders I've neglected will get top priority.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 20 Jun 2006 10:11

Hi again.

This new Thread vs Floss topic has really put me off from stitching and I really don't want to start putting my bags out for money when it seems that there are people out there that will jump on every little thing about my bags. Whatever. I'm selling publicly again, 25 dollars a bag. PM me.

New pictures will be up later.

If you see size 9 clima 1's on ebay, let me know.

Nate

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 20 Jun 2006 14:14

i'd like to trade if youd like to...i wont critisize your skills...but im not that great...

and kyle hewitt has a thred in for sale for modded climas... they did a really bad job tho, but im sure if you get mesh pics, theyll look okay.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 27 Aug 2006 14:01

photobucket isn't working. sorry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/ ... ocolor.jpg

just an experiment for a t shirt. hand drawn -> photoshop editted

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 27 Aug 2006 15:48

Hey!

It was nice playing with you in Pittsburgh.

I liked your bags a lot.

If I can find some money somewhere I might be ordering one soon.
Danny P.

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 27 Aug 2006 18:00

I like what you've gotten done so far on that link for the picture. It has good character to it, now you just have to figure what else to put into it to make it a good shirt, thoughts or ideas? I'm not too sure yet, just wanted to say it has good potential. Anyways yes, I agree with Pirate, your bags own. I have one little stitch that is kinda visible, but it is one of the best bags I've ever played. We broke it in the right way, havin a high level circle shred the hell outta it, it broke in like a champ in one day. I can't wait to see you at Funtastiks, take care till then.
More C4 please <3

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 28 Dec 2006 20:24

Belated Christmas presents will be going out this week to all the people waiting on orders. Huge delay I realize, but I couldn't really work around a broken arm.

Now accepting orders again as I hope to accumulate a fund for worlds. Anyone who emailed me within the past month will be getting a reply soon as well. Currently I have 6 colors of Amaretta that are quickly dwindling, and I don't sew with facile anymore. For this reason, color requests are pretty much pointless- some combinations will not work and I won't sacrifice quality for aesthetics.

Footbag has been going very well lately. 2 hours of drills a day since Dec. 20 and no injuries so far. Until now, drilling has been an almost unknown concept to me, and I know this is a big reason I haven't felt much progress in the past year. But drilling has been endurable so far so I hope I can keep it up.

I may remember to check up on tis regularly but I doubt it. If not, this is just a heads up to my customers and a written reminder to myself to continue drilling.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Dec 2006 22:08

I hope we get to play together some time. It really was sucky timing that your arm injury happened right before the Cornell Jam.

Low periods in footbag are normal. I find it best not to push too hard during those spots. Try out new concepts, set weird goals for yourself, just have fun with it. The love will come back.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 29 Dec 2006 13:45

Thanks Ken.

Played for about 2 hours again today. My dlo's are feeling alot better and I hit a few new drills with them, the best being pdx>dim rpt. Also, fog both sides.

My atomics have been neglected and need work. the set still feels like a very high energy move, and I know I can get to a point where I can include it in shuffle. pdx duck m>atomsmash bsos.

I will sew tonight. I've been really lazy so far over break so I've decided to finish a bag today and clean my messy room.

luv,

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 30 Dec 2006 23:37

Another hour again today. This puts my streak at 6 days. Good!
highlights: good strong side whirls, few misses
good dexless runs.

lowlights: sore. bad form due to lack of commitment/energy. bad string length.

Still on track with my sewing. Lately I've been developing a cool idea for a ficticious book in my head, and I think it would be fun to turn it into a short story. We'll see!

peace out to myself,

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 04 Jan 2007 18:11

My supplier of Amaretta can no longer buy it, and therefore I won't get any more from him. That sucks, a lot. I guess I will go back to searching the internets for it, but I don't think there's much hope. I don't know if I'll keep sewing if I have to use facile. Pleeeaasee let me know if you find ANY way for me to get some.

My hand is better. I played basketball for the first time in two months with only a bit of soreness. I'm left handed and I made some nice right handed shots and I'm glad. It's a nice feeling.

nathan

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 10 Jan 2007 17:25

Footfighter won't tell me where they buy Amaretta.

My back has been hurting. Kind of like a pinch in my lower back. I've been playing about 45 minutes daily, so I think I'll plan out the rest of my week differently to try to stop my back form hurting. Nothing bothers it but footbag, which leads me to believe its from new muscles forming/bad technique.

Tomorrow: no shred. basketball practice, and stretch.
Friday: free weights/toe raises/crunches. light kicking, no shred.
Saturday: BOP drills. no ducking/spinning, i think it tweaks my back.

I'll update with how I handle it. Any suggestions would be cool too.

nathan

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 27 Jan 2007 07:57

my back is still tweaked, but seems better, until i start playing footbag.

Clarino (the amaretta company) hasn't responded to my emails in a week. I am kind of in shock. I was really hyped about this opportunity, and I got a lot of others hyped about it too. I guess I will have to call them on monday. I can't believe they'd screw me over now after assuring they could sell me small amounts of fabric. and sent me a sample card.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 27 Jan 2007 09:09

Thanks for putting the effort in to make the amaretta happen, alot of stitchers will be stoked.

And footfighter won't help you out? That's pretty lame.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 27 Jan 2007 18:53

Thanks for the words tom.

Here's a bag I just made of Amaretta. its about golf ball sized and maybe 45g. Its for sale for $30 flat and up for trade if no one offers to buy it.

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 27 Jan 2007 20:01

Hey, I got your bag a while ago. I like the color a lot and it's breaking in nicely.

Thanks a lot.
Danny P.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 16 Mar 2007 18:37

So I played footbag for the first time in a while. I hit alpine 69 but no strings over 15 contacts. It just snowed a buttload and that put a damper on my footbag spirit.

Instead of footbag I've been playing basketball and hanging out with my friends. I only seem really happy when I'm with them. Otherwise I'm really introspective and stuff. I'm going out to Pittsburgh with my best buds and I'm really glad my mom is letting me go.

my mom also just told me to find out when Scott and Dave are getting plane tickets to worlds because she's considering letting me go!!

Buy my footbags to boost me along!!!

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 17 Mar 2007 08:26

Nathan i cant wait to play with you. At some time or another im going to. Worlds, or if i go to school at PSU. But alpine 69, thats sick.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show