Hi.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
pips
Multidex Master

Re: Hi.

Post by pips » 23 Apr 2014 17:45

Hiya, kids! So I have been trying and trying to make it more of a habit to sign on here more often. I may have checked in a few times without saying anything. Here's a few recent highlights, I suppose...

PSU Jam was fun. The turn-out was great. As always, met old friends, made new ones. Kicked waaay too much Saturday. Hiked Sunday morning and could only kick for so long Sunday. I was stoked I made it through the entire intermediate request contest. Then I struck out the first request in open. Ha. Oh well. I know there's more I could say, but it has been a while, and as soon as I got home, my uncle ended up in the ICU and passed away the following Thursday. Was a rough week after a fun weekend :/

I slowly starting working out the week after, and had a sweet session last Friday. As I mentioned on fb, I hit ducking clipper > ducking clipper > ducking clipper > a bail or 2 > diving clipper > another bail or two > diving clipper > ducking clipper and almost another! I wanted to be all proud I didn't hurt my neck afterwards and didn't take any Back and Body...got a fricken headache that lasted through Sunday from all that ducking and diving! Blah.

Nothing else really stuck out from Friday's shred, but I just remember having a good time. I wanted to just keep playing and playing, but I made plans to meet up with my volleyball friends for a goodbye dinner, so I cut myself short (of course, after pushing another 15 minutes past when I planned to stop!). Our buddy, Stu, moved away to camp in WV for the summer. He is teaching kids how to survive in the wilderness and stuff. Sounds fun but we will miss him!

Oh yeah, I played around with spinning and gyro. Still can only hit gyro clipper...bsos this time. And I got really dizzy a bunch.

Drilled a bunch tonight...

Datw > datw > datw
Whirl x2, beesauce
Hit a bunch of pixie tricks both sides (clipper, muted clipper, same side and other side butterfly, smear)
Attempted magellan but didn't really work at it
Sooo close to hitting the real drifter for those of you who remember my weird dada curves and i just quit hitting any variation of the move for quite some time. Got the motion down pretty solid and the bag lands just under my foot.
Tried to smooth the flow with an illusion > pickup drill rather than pausing so much.
I just kept on going and going with a clipper > mirage bsos to ss butterfly > mirage bsos drill. I lost my breath rather than losing the bag.
I was also fooling around with osis > symp ss butterfly like Mikie E. was hitting at PSU. Fun! But one day, I am going to roll my ankle. My legs kept getting confused mid-air. Haha

That is all for now. I am trying to make Riverrock, probably the net championships in PA, USO, and Cassy's skydiving events happen. Need to find a babysitter for Riverrock and need to get time off for the others. Still haven't even paid attention to when USO is. Gotta get on it! Oh yeah, and I wanna kick with the Toronto kids some weekend :)
Chrissy Fryer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Apr 2014 20:09

Nice Chrissy! Sounds like you're killing it. Datw x3? Impressive. I've never done it even twice. Props on that. The drills look good, just keep repeating the same ones throughout your sessions and you'll be surprised where it will take you.

Sorry to hear about your uncle :( My condolences.

PSU was a blast! Glad you got to come geocaching with us! But I agree, my legs were GONE after the hike :P

Hope to see you at one or more of the upcoming jams. I should be at Riverrock if all goes according to plan. I'd also like to check out the PA Net thing.

Keep up the progression and I'll see you soon!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 27 Apr 2014 16:37

Thanks, Nick! Yeah, after reading your reaction and then realizing what I wrote, I didn't hit datw x3. I hit it one side, switch with a toe stall, the other side, switch with a toe stall, then that side again. Oops! You know...eventually it was datw > ...datw > ...datw. Haha. Either way, I was still psyched. I think I may have hit datw x2 before, though.

No footbag since last post. Hopefully I will be back this coming week.
Chrissy Fryer

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 02 May 2014 15:22

Ha. I hope this doesn't get me in too much trouble...

All I can say about my session today is it is really hard to hold in a fart while kicking, and of course there were like 5 other people around, playing basketball and with their dogs and stuff...sigh. Haha :oops:

My body isn't working right this week. Sucked at volleyball last night...footbag today...

Blah.
Last edited by pips on 09 May 2014 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissy Fryer

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 04 May 2014 11:03

Farting. It happens. Midrun farts are hilarious.
Johnny Suderman

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 06 May 2014 16:40

Haha. I guess, Johnny.

I drilled a little while Kayleigh rode her bike around the b-ball court today. No music, so it wasn't a full-on shred session.

So close to hitting those drifters!

Hit datw from in to out for the first time ever. I hit it flipside and the motion was real smooth and stuff, but my strongside--flipside?--leg kept choking on the second dex.

My fun run for the night...I was just playing around with clippers and far osis. Then I turned it into a tougher string, linking butterflies and infinities with the far osis. Fun! I kept spinning the wrong way and doing normal osis more often than what I meant, but I did at least link it all bsos.

That's all... :)
Chrissy Fryer

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 09 May 2014 17:38

I did it! Finally hit the reeeal drifter :) I actually hit it 2 or 3 times at first but didn't seal it. I tried to hit it on the flipside, too, but the gym I was in was way too hot and muggy, and I had just finished playing volleyball. I busted out the bag cuz everyone quit early and I didn't feel like I broke a good enough sweat. Broke it then! Did absolutely nothing today. My legs are hating me for playing 3 days in a row. Haha. Just relaxing and enjoying my case of Angry Orchard I finally actually went to the distributor and bought.

Good week!
Chrissy Fryer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Jun 2014 20:42

Sorry it's a bit late. I read it before and was stoked you got an IRL Drifter. I remember how much I struggled with that trick. It was hell :P Props on getting your first few. That's a great feeling. I bet you can hit it flipside soon.

Angry Orchard is out of this world.
Nick Polini

Funblog

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 18 Jul 2014 21:52

I logged on to post this yesterday and then walked away or went to bed. Then I just got done showering after another session and meant to get onto this but have been watching awesome footbag videos back-to-back. Now it is getting late again. So here goes...Epic Skydiving Footbag Camping, PSU Arts Fest, solo-sessions...

Skydiving was amazing! The drive up was pretty chill. A long, 8+ hr drive but chill. I was enjoying the great weather and views and jammed all the way to Canada. I arrived Friday evening. Everyone greeted me and insisted I pitch my tent ASAP, because the bugs were coming! Ok...so with a few other hands, I put my tent up. Everyone else was wearing pants and long sleeves (because of the bugs!), so I changed into some pants, too...ended up in my hoody later on, too. They weren't kidding about the bugs!

So anyhow, my first impression of the airport was kinda iffy, and I was like questioning the validity (?) of the whole skydiving she-bang. It was very old-fashioned and I don't know. I just kinda shrugged it off and went with the fact they've been around for years. The hangar was real cool, though. Cass showed me around the camp and hangar. I was surprised we were allowed to roam free in the hangar, but it was cool. Loved the huge Con-air style plane that was there.

We didn't do much that night but hang out. The bugs were starting to come out as the sun was setting, and we discovered they weren't as bad out front. So we hung out there for a good bit. Drew, Tom, and Dave were kicking around a little. I didn't kick much cuz my back was hurting/recovering, and I didn't want to upset it before the jump in the morning. There was a point where Dave was busting some weird move, and Drew attempted it. They argued over the difference each of them hit the trick, and it was amusing.

Will, the crazy skydiving Canadian, came around and started talking to us. There was talk about the fire and he was off to go grab some firewood. Jon went with him and we were cracking jokes as if he was being taken and never going to return...he did come back alive and well and with plenty of freaking pallets of firewood. I didn't realize when Will said pallets, he meant those big, huge pallets everybody keeps making cool projects out of. Well, we burned them.

The other skydivers came out while we were chilling in the front, and they were amazed with footbag. I think he name was Justin??? He was like WOW! Oh my gosh, FOOTBAG! I don't know, but he seemed quite entertained. I think I experienced every saying you hear coming from a non-footbagger that night. Caro (not our Caro!) called it ball-sacking then began to carry on about skydiving. She mentioned how she jumped 11 times that day, and I jumped in the conversation with a bunch of questions about their sport. It was interesting.

At some point in the night, we moved on to the fire-pit. As I said...Will is insane! I thought I was a pyromaniac. Nope. This guy is. You know...it is an airport, so they had gas on-site. The guy was filling bottles up with gas and throwing in the fire...creating fire trails close to his friends if not practically burning them. Tom bought Canadian fireworks and brought them with him to celebrate the 4th of July. We had a blast, though, Will was setting them off a little too close to us for comfort. After the fireworks were over, we moved on to kicking the fire hack. Jon had gloves and was wringing the hack out every time he dipped it in gas. If Will got his hands on it, he'd soak the hack in gas, light it, and toss it into the circle dripping wet! We were all showered with flaming gas as it was first kicked. I didn't like that and backed off. We were all on fire somewhere at one point, but Cassy's foot lit up and didn't go out so easily. I remember watching her struggle to get it out and then it was like, crap! She is on fire! Everyone jumped to save her. Jon almost dumped water on her, but luckily she got it out just in time. I backed out of the circle at this time and just hung out at the fire. That thing was huge and hot! Be burned or be bugged!

Oh, yes, and the stars were amazing! And Ianek and Mathieu brought some jalapeno Cheetos that everyone went to town on.

That was pretty much the end of Friday. I went to bed earlier than the others since I had just finished driving. I could hear them shuffling around for a while and I tossed and turned a bit but finally passed out at some point in the night.

I was up early (as usual). I took a shower and returned to my tent. Cassy was up, too. I chilled in my tent while she showered and then disappeared. The bugs crawling all over the outside of my tent amused me. Cassy came back with coffee. Awesome!

Again, we had a chill-kind of morning. Then the time came around to start getting ready for the jump! We filled our stuff out, kicked a bag around while we waited. Jon and Cassy's friends went first. I was grouped with Johnny, Nate, and Dave.

My tandem instructor was awesome. So he strapped me in and all that...went over the details. Our plan was to do a backflip out of the plane and end it with a twist. I was overwhelmed with all that needed to be done to make that happen. Cross you arms, arch your back, feet inside his legs, arm back out for the twist...sounded like a plan!

So it was time to get on the plane. I was cool at this point. We all got on the plane. It was a quiet trip up. I enjoyed the view, asked Scott how long he'd been jumping, which was like 7 years and over 2,000 jumps. Geesh! One girl and a guy jumped out of the plane super early. We continued up in the sky. Scott turned on the camera at some point. I didn't know that was it on his wrist. I thought it was just a device to measure the altitude or something. You can see me checking it out unaware in the video of my jump (on my fb page).

Time to go!

So Scott tells me to head for the door. Again, I am pretty chill at this point (I think). We approach the door, Scott is going on with his instructions, I look out the door then suddenly all I hear is wind...

I think that is the point where like I didn't freak out but my mind went completely blank and body shut down. All that I knew to do was to cross my arms and lay my head back. I don't even think I jumped. Haha. AND APPARENTLY, I SHUT MY EYES AND MISSED THE DANG BACKFLIP OUT OF THE PLANE!!! What the heck.

We didn't do the twist.

So I don't know. At some point I snapped back into it and realized I was super tensed up and had my eyes shut, and all I could tell myself was, "Hey! Idiot! You just jumped out of a plane! Open your eyes and look at the view!" So I opened my eyes and looked around. Couldn't turn my head too much. It was awesome! It was like looking out of a plane except there was no plane. It didn't feel like falling. Then as time passed, I noticed my cheeks were moving in the wind (had no idea they were flailing in the wind like freaking flabby arms! - see video) and then I noticed how cold it was getting. Brr! Kinda wishing I did put that suit on that Will offered down on the ground.

Plenty of time passed to experience the fall. Scott pulled cord and the chute came out. OUCH! I think I was the only one to experience the pain of having my chest ripped off from freaking falling in the sky and suddenly changing direction back up into the sky! Whew! That was an uncomfortable hang the rest of the way down. I was so relieved when Scott told me to stand on his feet to re-adjust, but it didn't fix everything.

The parachuting was real cool. Scott gave me the rings and showed me how to slow down and spin around and whatnot. Tougher than you think to pull down on them suckers!

So that was that. Awesome experience. I could see me working up to jumping solo in my lifetime. Next time I will keep my eyes open jumping out of the plane.

Oh yes! Kristin made some coffee that morning that smelled so freaking amazing. Like chocolate. Oh my gosh!

I left shortly after the jump with Alex and Drew to go pick up Camille in Kingston. Drew just wanted to come along for the ride. Alex wanted tomato juice for some bloody mary drinks. So we picked up Camille and went searching for a grocery store and alcohol. We ended up downtown Gananoque and grabbed what we needed. Trip turned out to be like 2 or 3 hours long.

Everyone was kicking in the hangar when we returned. We joined them. We started the competitions shortly after. I still wasn't totally up for kicking much and backed out of the weird 3 comp since I didn't really have anything up my sleeve. I competed in the requests but was one of the first to be knocked out. Oh well. I like requests. I like to see how far I can get.

After the competitions, I busted out my beers and started drinking. I was ready to relax. I was hoping to repeat Friday night and hang out with the skydivers again, because I didn't drink with them then. They never really came out. Anywho, we partied as usual. There was food and games...hooping and netball with the soccer ball. Everyone moved into the screened tent as the bugs were coming out. Jon hosted a footbag and random facts trivia game that was pretty interesting. After a while when we realized the skydivers were not coming back out, we took our party to the fire-pit again. We didn't have as much wood or any gas, but we got something going. Camille and I were singing along to some Red Hot Chili Peppers. I started to get tired and rested on Ianek while everyone else talked.

My blow up bed felt so much better with Camille on it Saturday night! Haha. I didn't toss and turn as much as I did the first night since it was fuller. I guess I didn't blow it up as tight, and it was squishy and noisy with just one person on it. I was out pretty quick that night.

Sunday morning went the same as Saturday. I was up early, took a shower, Cassy came back with coffee again. Yum yum. I almost took a trip to Tim Horton's actually in Canada, but I talked myself out of it, planning on going once I hit the road.

I waited a while for everyone else to wake up...slowly broke down all of my things and packed the car. I didn't want to leave but I knew I had a long drive ahead of me. We all kind of chilled and cleaned up some. Camille and I were playing with the hula hoop. And oh my, I've never seen a guy try to hula hoop until this weekend. Mathieu was awesome, let me tell ya. Haha.

My trip back was not very enjoyable. I never did make it to a Tim's in Canada. There was a line at customs, but it was a breeze after that and they didn't tear my car apart like they did coming in. I hit traffic. I finally found a Tim's in NY, but I miss breakfast. Oh well. By the time I got near Erie, my head and neck were killing me and I really didn't want to finish my drive. I chilled at a rest-stop and then kept on keeping on. More traffic. Guy behind me smashed into my rear-end and I rolled into the car ahead of me. We were all fine, thankfully, but my bumper is smashed and the guy's car was disabled. I wish I had handled myself a little more civilized while we exchanged info. I wasn't rude, but my head hurt so bad and I just wanted to be home, I didn't say much at all. Oh well. I did make it home! Went straight to bed.

So I returned to work for the week. At some point, I saw Ben post about PSU Arts Fest. I am only 2 hours away, why not?!

I barely even unpacked from my trip to Canada. I threw stuff together at the last minute and left for PSU Saturday around lunch. Everyone had just gathered and started kicking by the time I arrived. I still haven't totally figured my way around campus, but I did find my way to the soccer fields parking lot near Old Main, and I was glad I gave it a shot at parking, because I was prepared to pay at least $25 to park all day/night. Was only $5 there! Sweet.

I really haven't kicked much at all in the past month at this point. Skydiving was the first time I kicked in a while and then once more during the week. Everyone commented on how well I was playing, thinking I had been practicing. I don't know what came over me. My back was even hurting, but I was playing very decent! I hit my usual bag of tricks Saturday. I didn't last very long, though, between the heat and my back acting up. I took sporadic breaks. Ryan taught me a bunch of juggling tricks like how to juggle 4 bags. Cassy, Marc, and I left to grab some ice cream I kept seeing people walking around with. Death by chocolate seemed like an awesome choice but I went with the lime sherbert. Sounded much lighter and refreshing after kicking in such humid weather.

After kicking, we all went different ways to get ready for the night. April and I took the bus with Cassy, Ryan, and Ben. We went to the grocery store to grab stuff for spaghetti dinner. They went to get alcohol. We all showered, ate, and headed for the Shredhaus to chill. April made some amazing cookies and angel food cupcakes for us to chow down on throughout the night. The white chocolate oatmeal cookies were my favorite. I only took a couple shots this time around. I had my fun skydiving. I fell asleep on the couch while the other either went to bed or went for a walk or whatever outside. Cassy woke me up when our taxi arrived to take us back to Ben's.

Cassy, Ryan, and I were up early and went to grab breakfast at the Corner Room downtown. Was a cute little place. Afterwards, we walked around to enjoy the artwork until the others arrived. It started to rain and we re-located to the cool bridge-walk building thing by the soccer fields. I spent more time trying new tricks this time. Ben showed me symple osis or something like that. He tried other stuff. I followed. I tried whirling swirl. I never hit it but I could see me hitting it soon if I keep at it. Oh yeah! And there was some discussion about drifter, and I started to try it and hit it on like my second attempt out of nowhere! I thought I had lost it after not playing so much lately. Cool cool! It rained some more and it was about time to go. I stayed a bit to watch the guys and Cassy kick. Nick is amazing, and I looove his style. That's about it. I said my goodbyes and headed home.

I kicked again on Wednesday down on the river in front of Heinz Field. That was my first time downtown this year! I had a bunch of good runs. I was hitting far illusions and came up with this awesome idea to hit same-side illusion from a clipper set. I hit it. How did I play over ten years now and not realize this was bubba, I do not know! I always thought bubba was a same-side pickup from clipper. Oops! I fail at recognizing tricks once again! Won't be the last time!

Oh! So I think it was Matt K. (or maybe it was Tom K...) talking about a good trick to try pixie was same-side mirage. I was working on that before, but to see him execute it made me realize I needed to work the second dex faster rather than waiting like I was. I hit it. Sweet! Both sides, too! I felt bad, though. This guy approached me just before I hit it and wanted to join me for a game of hacky sack, as he said it. I was in the moment and turned him down. I didn't want to but I didn't want to not at the moment, either. I apologized and asked if he'd be returning (he was riding his bike along the river), but he was already on his way back. Oh well.

I also hit some ducking and diving strings. Clippers, mirage, osis...was fun. I have been attempting spinning more (by the way, I learned at PSU that my spinning osis are not spinning osis. Boo!), but I still can't get it down. I am pretty sure I was entertaining to watch on the river and I was laughing at myself as I failed to execute anything like spinning. Haha

So before my session, my work had a "tailgate" party for us where I got a free Redbull. I don't really drink them much anymore but took it since it was free and saved it for my session. Then after ducking and diving, my head was starting to hurt, so I took Exedrin. I think I psyched myself out that my heart was going crazy after having so much caffeine that I finally called it a day and stopped playing. It had been an hour and a half. I wanted to keep going, and I kept pushing, but I scared myself.

I FINALLY BOUGHT NEW LAVERS!!

They were at my doorstep yesterday. Unfortunately, they are the new new ones (I thought they were old...from ebay). So I was a little disappointed but couldn't wait to try them out...to be done with my old ones! They pretty much had seen the absolute end of their days Wednesday. My big toe was poking through and I don't think any more shoe goo would help at this point.

So I went out to kick some today. I only meant to test them out. I was going to try some of the stuff from Ianek's requests list from skydiving. I did that...pretty much hit the easier requests bsos. I couldn't link the osis to drifter though. So close, but with those new shoes, I feel like I had lost my crank/clippers. Can't feel the freaking bag at all with all that cushion.

I eventually got the hang of the new shoes. I felt super blocky and restricted at first, but I ended up kicking for well over an hour again. Clippers still kind of stunk, but I didn't fully mod the shoes, yet. The weight really wasn't so bad, but I did not like how puffy the sides and toe were. The bag rolled everywhere and I couldn't hold a string for very long at all.

I hit blender, though! I remember hitting this a long time ago when I was new and really not at the level to be hitting the trick. I don't even count it as hitting it, but now I did! For all I know, I may not have dexed the bag correctly, but it did something. Is it still blender if I did it from toe, though? I found it easier to work with the bag from toe.

That is all! Sorry for the long post and good night!
Chrissy Fryer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Jul 2014 22:24

Great write-ups! and thanks for the props :) Glad you enjoy my style :D It's always fun to shred with you, Chrissy. You have a cool sense of energy you add to a tournament. I enjoy that. Also those Whirls were looking good.

I challenge you to push your Inifinity record and break it by at least 20 by the next time we kick with each other :) Pushing Infinity record can seriously help with flow and consistency. ANd if you break it by 20, don't stop, shoot for 50 or even 100. Message me if you have any questions about it.

See you at East Coasts most likely?
Nick Polini

Funblog

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 22 Jul 2014 16:17

Thank you, thank you :)

Whoa, buddy, it was hot today! I kicked in the shade after work, and barely lasted an hour. I just kinda drilled some. Nothing new. My highlight or fun string would probably be linking one of Ianek's requests bsos but I lost count how long I kept it up. It was ss mirage>osis. Some guy came up to me to give me props. He was off in the distance talking to another guy and must have been watching. Felt good. Oh, and Nick, I hit 19 infinity b2b. I've done more than 20 before and will shoot for as high as I can, but I couldn't keep up in the heat. My strings didn't last long and I had to sit down one after another.

I didn't wear my new lavers...
Chrissy Fryer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Jul 2014 18:34

Nice job, Chrissy :) The trick is to try to freeze your infinity for a split second. Try it with some Clippers to get the feel for it, then push it into your infinities. You'll figure it out after a little bit. Basically when you play with this method of slight freezes after tricks, you are pretty much just restarting your string after every trick because something like Mirage> Legover just feels like Toe> Mirage and then Toe> Legover. Get what I'm saying?

Also, Freedomsomething who posted in the "bags you made" thread lives in Pittsburgh and I figured you guys might be able to have a session if you're close enough.
Nick Polini

Funblog

pips
Multidex Master

Chrissy's Blog of Feet

Post by pips » 02 Nov 2014 16:38

So I finally decided and followed through with switching up my workout planning. For the longest time, I have always been focused on weight training or endurance training, especially for ToughMudder or some of the other challenging events I've signed up for. It has really been bugging me how much footbag I missed because of this, but I felt like if I didn't train every major muscle, I'd be lacking or something. I don't know. But you know what...I don't enjoy it as much as I do footbag, and I rarely stick to my plans for long because I lose interest. Why bother? So my focus is on footbag now. I picked two workout routines I do enjoy, and one is total body...the other days are for footbag :)

Another reason why I haven't played much is because I hate...HATE...the new Lavers. I feel like a complete newb when I kick with them, and I am highly-discouraged/have no motivation to work with them. Instead, I visited a couple shoe repair places for help on fixing my old shoes, but they turned me down. Thanks to Marco's advice, I did a little research and decided to re-sole the Lavers myself. I found this link super helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YRXLRwJuwo

I couldn't wait and wasn't really willing to spend $60+ on rubber sole sheets, so I searched my home a bit and thought I'd try cutting up a kickball we've never blown up. Yep. So I traced my Lavers on the rubber and cut out the patterns to cover the top half of my soles (I feel like I should have traced the whole sole, but I didn't. Once I buy more goo, I am going to try this on my second pair). Shoe-gooed that stuff up, and I have light Lavers to kick in again! Ah, it feels so good. I wish I knew about this before I let my soles wear down so badly.

So this week I played 3 days. First two days, I just reset my basic records and worked on those and then hit some of the drills Ianek gave me back in July. I haven't played much in the past couple of months, I didn't even pass the 20's with any of my records. I'll post them when they more accurately reflect my level of play. Haha

I have also really been trying to pay attention to my posture like Nick's been preaching. Especially with infinities, I noticed I play so much better when I do keep a good posture. That and controlling how high I set the bag, too.

I've also decided I think I link my tricks way faster than most others, and I could probably control my strings much better if I slowed down.

Today, I went outside (first cold session of the season) and kicked to my leisure. No records. Nick challenged me to pixie legover > smear. I hit each of the tricks each side, but I struggled to link anything, really. Footed it once, but that's about it and it was sloppy. I was also challenged to hit datw mid-string and terrage, but I was too cold and worn out to work on them much. It might take some time to hit terrage, because my in-to-out dexing isn't as strong as the other way. I will work on this stuff in my next sessions. I hit pixie ss mirage last week, so I know it is possible.

While I was fooling around with ducking, I did some motion similar to ducking crossbody rake, so I gave that a try. Hit it first try! Was really fun. That was my highlight of the week, I suppose.

Hope to come back with some updates soon!
Chrissy Fryer

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 02 Nov 2014 18:14

Good to see you getting right back into it. Like you said, why keep doing an exercise regime if you're not getting too much enjoyment from it. Nice work on the re-soling, must have felt good to get that done and save yourself some $$.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 03 Nov 2014 00:32

Welcome back Chrissy :)

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 03 Nov 2014 08:11

If you like double dexes, Barrage is a good one to consider after DATWs and Terrages. :)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 02 Dec 2014 19:42

Thanks, guys :)

Just a short and sweet check-in...

I have been kicking this whole time. Didn't progress as quickly as I wanted, but oh well. I have just been trying to get my game back and drill those basics. I still have all your challenges in mind and have been working at them as well. Haven't hit them all solidly yet. I captured a bunch of fun runs (more for the untrained eye) but when I transferred the videos from my phone to my pc, something happened. I have to figure out how to get them to play. So there may be a little video compilation soon!

In today's news...I finally remembered to try the badges. I worked on level 1 today. Didn't get through the whole list, but it was a fun workout. Exactly what I was looking for to improve.

I don't like same illusions...
Chrissy Fryer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Dec 2014 19:55

Great to hear you've been practicing! Ss illusion is tricky. It helps to crank your ankle and treat it like a ss legover ending on inside stall then you just pull the dex all the way through :) that might simplify it a bit for you. Good luck with level 1!
Nick Polini

Funblog

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 17 Dec 2014 11:44

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Great to hear you've been practicing! Ss illusion is tricky. It helps to crank your ankle and treat it like a ss legover ending on inside stall then you just pull the dex all the way through :) that might simplify it a bit for you. Good luck with level 1!
This sounds like it might help me a lot. Thanks
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 27 Dec 2014 16:21

Thanks for the tip, Nick. I've noticed the more I crank, the easier it is to hit ss illusion. I linked it twice today! And then...I was just goofing around and tried to hit bubba. Hit it bsos out of nowhere like it was no challenge to me whatsoever! Hmm, ok.

I made it outside today and yesterday to kick. It is so much better to play outside. I think I feel claustrophobic in my livingroom and don't really spread out like I would normally. Or maybe I really need a whole basketball court to play. I dunno. I think it is just knowing there is furniture all around me.

I didn't really drill much yesterday. Just enjoyed having earphones in and kicking.

Incase you missed my post on facebook, here's the one link I caught on camera.
It's cool. It's a longer string...but I think it hit me how bad I need to up my game and quit butterflying so much. So I gave it a shot today adding more variety to my links. I had fun today just drilling different stuff. I didn't hit it all bsos like I wanted, but oh well. I also had a pretty long string full of toe tricks rather than butterfly/clipper stuff.

Some fun links I tried. I know there's still butterfly components in these, but I was focusing on linking more challenging tricks I know I can hit:

butterfly>whirl>swirl bsos or swirl then whirl. Hit everything but couldn't seal the deal bsos.
infinity>osis>infinity>osis>pdx whirl (footed it on each side a bunch of times)
osis>dyno bsos (almost! see video below)
What else did I do? I know I did more fun stuff, but I can't remember. My pixie sets were awesome today. I hit pixie everything I tried on my strongside, including smear and pixie ss mirage. I hit most of the same stuff on my flipside but not all of it. I need to try linking this stuff now.

I also added to my basics record by quite much. This is where I know playing outside is better, and my records prior to this were just not right...clippers and infinities btb up to like 25 and osis btb like 23 times. Inside, I was struggling with 20.

I am still working on that level 1 badge. All I need to perfect at is the ss illusion string and I can film it. I like that I have been practicing at this. It has been adding more variety to my foundation some. I noticed I have more of a routine foundation building up for it. I missed it last year while my uncle was sick, but I would like to set up a routine for my work's talent show this spring.
Chrissy Fryer