Hi.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
pips
Multidex Master

Hi.

Post by pips » 03 Mar 2006 17:01

Ok so I finally attempted to play some footbag for an hour or so today. It's been practically a year since I seriously played. Ha. Horrible session. I guess it was fine for not playing for so long and having no room to play. I have a crowded little room.

I don't know if I even want to tell you what I did. Ah. What the heck. I hit up to 28 consecutive kicks. I used to be able to hit up to 300. I did 9 left side mirages in a row, 2 on the other side :oops: . I usually can hit up to 20 on each side. I hit legover>legover>legover. I hit some legover>mirage combos. I hit drifters on each side. Drifter>drifter. Paradox drifter. I hit one swirl on each side. I hit whirls on each side. Ummm. I pretty much only hit tricks once then moved to the other side or another trick. It took one try for some, more for others. Illusions. Symposium mirages. I even BARELY hit my ps mirages.

I may have done others, but I can't remember. I basically tried my list of tricks I used to do. Not TOO bad, I guess. I don't know when I play again. Hopefully soon.

Oh yeah...I feel SOOOO outta shape. Blah. It will get better.

I tried taping myself on my stepdad's digital camera, but I don't know how to edit or anything. It was horrible anyways...everything was a blur. I don't know if that's the best it can do or if I have to play with it some. I don't know.

Well, I'm out to take a shower now. Bye.
Last edited by pips on 15 Jan 2010 20:01, edited 20 times in total.

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 03 Mar 2006 17:05

Oh yeah...I also caught my breath once by lying on the floor and throwing the bag into the ceiling and then sole stalling it. :P :D Sometimes I managed to sole stall>op leg sole stall. Ohhh yeah...I also sole stalled then set it to my knee (dropped it). :lol:
Chrissy Fryer

jake
BSOS Beast

Post by jake » 03 Mar 2006 17:33

thats kool to hear your playing again tho :D
Jake Marmon - Gresham Oregon
15-years old
yeah

pips
Multidex Master

Chrissy's Blog

Post by pips » 09 Mar 2006 17:57

Ok. So I am all chopped up and stitched in four different places of my body. I had to get more bad-looking moles taken off. Melanoma runs in my family, so I gotta be careful. I already almost had it in a mole on my forehead and got that taken off. Then I had an even worse one on my back, and I have a huge scar, because the dr. had to dig so deep to get it all out. But anyways, I probably won't be playing for atleast a week or two, until I'm not so sore and healed.
Chrissy Fryer

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 09 Mar 2006 18:08

How did I miss seeing that you have a blog? I would have been the first to respond if I had seen it, sorry. I'm so happy to hear that you're playing again. Keep it up. :-)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 09 Mar 2006 18:40

Props on playing and starting a blog~ :D . I feel like im out of shape too.
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 10 Mar 2006 22:21

Thanks, girls.

Yeah, so I went to a different dermatologist appointment today, and got two more moles taken off and stitched up...my back (4 sets of stitches)and stuff (2 sets) are so sore.
Chrissy Fryer

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 11 Mar 2006 02:11

hey chrissy, sorry about bailing on halo 2 the other night, I got really mad about something non-related and just went to shred. I'm glad to hear you have been playing some foozbag
James Randall

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 11 Mar 2006 12:52

It's cool. I was wondering what happened.
Chrissy Fryer

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 16 Mar 2006 13:03

DON'T YOU EVER MAKE ME MOVE AGAIN. :twisted:

You're crazy, in a good way. :-D

Have you played this week?

Love, Emily
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 16 Mar 2006 14:14

HAHA! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Don't beat me up. I think I meant detest, not attest. Oops.

No, I haven't played yet. I'm wanting to, but I'm still healing.
Chrissy Fryer

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 31 Mar 2006 20:34

Well, I was gonna play today, but it fricken rained after I got home from work...grrr! :evil:
Chrissy Fryer

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 01 Apr 2006 05:27

Hahaha that has happened to me more times than could be coincidental :lol: sooo annoying!
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 02 Apr 2006 17:49

I managed to get in a half hour session today. I didn't do anything special.
Chrissy Fryer

pips
Multidex Master

Nothing footbag related...just felt like sharing this...

Post by pips » 28 Apr 2006 19:44

My mom, Kayleigh, and I went exploring in Huntington today and found a sweet park to walk around. It was so pretty and peaceful there. We saw a friendly squirrel. It practically followed us a bit, and then my mom fed it a piece of her Special K cereal bar. It was cute. I told mom I should play footbag there sometime, and she said she'd walk Kayleigh around while I played. Maybe I could get some people interested (and finally make some friends in this state). :P

After that, we went downtown to eat at Max and Erma's and Coldstone Creamery. Mmm mmm MMM! I love ice cream.

Today was the first day I really went out anywhere special since I had Kayleigh. It was fun.
Chrissy Fryer

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 15 May 2006 15:41

VROOM! VROOM! I'm ready to drive!
SUSHI BABY!
Chrissy Fryer

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 15 May 2006 18:20

Eeeee, adorable ! Keep me posted on the Pittsburgh deal :)
More C4 please <3

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 15 May 2006 23:12

HooD wrote:Eeeee, adorable!
Seriously. :-) She is a beautiful baby. Have you been able to kick recently? Hope all is well.

Love,
Emily

Emily Kulczyk

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 15 May 2006 23:29

Nope, weather's been nasty. :? I've been waiting for it to clear up for the past 3 or 4 days now. With my luck, it will clear up on a day I have to work...
Chrissy Fryer

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 30 Jul 2006 05:40

I just got out of the shower. Getting clean from doing what?

Footbag. Yes. How long has it been since I've done that? 4 months? Too long.

Well, seeing all of those new, awesome videos were driving me crazy, wanting to play footbag so much, so thank-you Hood, Moxie, and a few others I can't think of for motivating my lazy butt to start playing again.

I didn't try much. I figured I'd pretty much start from the beginning and work my way back up. I started out with the usual consecutive kicks. I couldn't get more than about 26. I did some toe stalls back and forth. Twenty-something maybe? I did some mirages. I think I did four in a row on my right side and 2 on the other. Then I did like 4 legovers in a row. Then I tried mirage>legover combos. I did that x2 in one string. Bsos, I guess? I never really used that term, so maybe I'll try starting now. I tried some butterflies next. I don't remember how many each side, but atleast two in a row. I also did some osis runs. I think I got about 4 of them in a row (osis>osis>osis>osis). Not bad I guess. Sometime in the middle of my workout, I tried some more consecutive kicks. I got 64 this time! I'm getting somewhere. I also hit drifters on each side. First try. For, I guess, my grand finale, I made up a string, since I forgot all my old ones. It was going to be mirage>butterfly>pick-up>rpt, but I ended up doing just mirage>butterfly>pick-up on my right side and mirage>butterfly on my left, but I did a pick-up outside of the string just for some kind of completion satisfaction. Broke a sweat. Ran out of breath. Feeling great.

So that was it. I think I figured out how to find time to play now. It is to do it while the baby is sleeping, so I am going to see how waking up and playing and showering before she wakes up works. Hopefully this is it, and I will play every day I don't work in the morning. Yay! Now I'm off to feed the baby and myself and going back to bed 'til 12:30.
Chrissy Fryer