Josh M. Getting back into the kick of things!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 21 Jul 2009 21:42

Had a session today since I probably won't be able to tomorrow.

My legs felt stiff today as I tried to play. I warmed up easily and quick today, but after that it wasn't that great.

I tried to hit my two new moves for the camera but without success. I wasn't able to do very much today. Ohh well. I did finish a bag today, yes I know I stitched, and used it for the session. My half & half bag is dead. It had a panel that the stitches were about to blow, I tried to fix it but ended up messing it up. It was a good bag, with lots of life still in it :cry:

My new bag is sweet! It's black and white, but the design on it is sweet! I haven't seen a design like this one since I've been on the forum. So when I post a pic I'll find out if I created it or not.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 25 Jul 2009 17:25

Well, on Wednesday I got a filling on the opposite side that I got the tooth pulled so I took it easy and didn't kick.

I didn't kick on Friday, though I wanted to, for no reason. It did give me a lot of time to work on my next bag. I got it half way done. It's looking good so far.

I did kick today. Actually I just got done with the session about 10 min's ago. It was probably an hour long. I went into the session with drilling certain concepts. I did that for about 20 min's, then I slowly started freestyling.

Highlight's;
Toe Drifter > Torque bsos with Step Mirage > Ss Muted Drifter bsos in the same run
Fear > Fairy Ss Whirl > Pdx Flux > Osis > Osis > Torque > Osis > Pdx Torque > Infinity > Pdx Mirage > Ss Torque > Osis > Pdx Torque.....drop
Flip Pdx Flux right after the above run, both are new
Flip Pdx Torque > short run

and........

Toe Drifter Rake, tried flip but it wasn't going to happen

It was a fun session! Especially after Drifter Rake! Thanks Juho for hitting so many Vortex Rakes in your new vid!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 04 Aug 2009 18:29

Had a session Sunday night and again tonight!

All I remember from Sun. night is;
Pixie Whirl and Fairy Ss Whirl in the same run
Pixie Paradon > run with 4 Pdx Whirls b2b, Swirl bs and one Barfly
15 swirls
25-30 Infinities

Today I worked on links that I would like to get solid for future combo's. I also had fun.

Here's from today;
Eggbeater > Legbeater, bs
DLO > Leg.......weak side sucked!
Far Swirl bsos
Matador bs
Toe Whirl > Pdx Mirage rpt
Lots of Ducking Clippers
*EDIT* Just hit > Pdx Drifter > Symp Whirling Swirl */EDIT*

That's all I remember...........too much stuff has been going on.........alot of really big stuff........
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 08 Aug 2009 22:26

Had an hour long session tonight. It was ok. Tried a couple of challenges from Matt K, none were successful. I really think there is only one highlight from tonight:

High Plains Drifter

I hit it twice. The second one is clean, I need to check the footage of the first one to see how it came out. It felt really good to hit it. I was coming so close last time I kicked, and I kept footing it tonight. So once I hit it I was happy.

Also, for those of you who read my blog and was watching Zac M.'s live session tonight will care for this. I had a good look at Bs Blur > Fusion. Though I think the bag was on the ground when I started the 3rd dex. It is possible, just needs more work.
Josh M.
My Website

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 08 Aug 2009 22:30

props on high plains, and close on bs blur>fusion.

thanks for watching my stream.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 21 Aug 2009 11:26

Had 2 sessions this week so far. 1 on Tue, and the other on Wed. Both were pretty good. The highlight's will be all mixed up, from what I can remember, and what wasn't on the video.

Highlight's:
Pdx Torque bsos with Pdx Drifter bsos in the same run

Ok, that's all I remember that wasn't on vid. Here's the best run from Wed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azm2DdKU9gM[/youtube]

Here are some links and what not from Wed. The last link is for Ken S. He asked me to try and hit anything stepping from Food when he was down, and I was unable to hit it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-7Shhbm-Y[/youtube]
Josh M.
My Website

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 21 Aug 2009 11:55

nice video! good form and style! I liked tapping revup a lot! also food > bw.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 21 Aug 2009 15:45

Dude your tapping Rev up was ill son!

Is the ground were you are playing wet? it looks like it, I would be afraid to slip.

Still hope to meet you one day.
zach jahner

mrjauss
Shredaholic

Post by mrjauss » 23 Aug 2009 01:49

Josh,

Nice moves! 22 tricks! Your moving up!! I also like the apline rev up too! Keep up the good work!

I started to kick again! Did you get my last email? I sent it a couple of weeks ago. How is everything? We will have to get together and kick in a few weeks!! I will let you know! ok now to update my profile..

ttyl...
Mike Jauss
-almost guiltless-
-more fiber = longer runs!
"Fairy Nice" - me :lol:

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 09 Sep 2009 21:23

Thanks guys!

@ZachJ, yeah it was wet 'cause of the misters I had running. And surprisingly it was really grippy, even with Q03's.

I haven't had a real session since last week sometime. I've wanted to, but I just haven't gotten out there to do it. I have had 2 mini barefoot session the last 2 nights. Nothing to special. When I play barefoot I work DLO's and Egg's. Mainly doing Egg/DLO > Hand > Ss Egg/DLO > Hand > Op side. I've gotta say that it has helped out on those particular moves! Yesterday I started working flip DSO barefoot. I can always get the set, but for some reason the 2nd dex always kills it. So I started doing them from a hand set, and was having it off my toes 98% of the time. I also had Ss Dbl Pickup off my toes on my strong side. I guess you can say that it's a planting DATW In > out. I easily hit planting DATW Out > in on strong.

I'm gonna go have a session. I need to do something, besides class work. Brb with highlight's, if any.
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 19 Oct 2009 19:06

Last time I really kicked was like the 25th of Sept. The crew got together and kicked. Had a lot of fun. Mike, Conrad, Blake, Nate (Big surprise!), new guy Eric(?) and myself.

Conrad wasn't able to kick with Nate because he showed up late. Other then that he was his normal self.

Blake was doing pretty good. The last time these 2 kicked was when the 3 of us got together back in April or May. He had a couple of really high pixie sets and stepping sets.

Mike was his usual self. Long tiltless with some 3's thrown in. If I remember right he even hit a couple of ripwalks.

Nate still has his extremely fast style. Tiny ripwalks and lots of spins.

New guy Eric has really good control with his kicks. He could toe stall and clipper kick. After awhile we got him to try for clipper and he was able to hit it within 5 or 6 tries. We also tried teaching him atw, but he wasn't quite getting it.

I was doing ok. It was probably a couple weeks since I kicked before then. Lot's of spinning, gyro and ducks/dives. Towards the middle I started doin more shuffle. Duck Pdx Blender first try, first time, HPD on the second try.

Today I had my first session since last month. I knew I wasn't really going to be able to do runs, so I decided to work everything. The only things I didn't work was my up time concepts. Though in my warmup there was some stepping and toe sets.

Highlight's:
Mirage bs
Ss Mirage bs
Near Mirage bs
Pdx Mirage bs
Illusion bs
Ss Illusion bs
Bubba bs
Pdx Illusion bs
Toe Whirl bs
Whirl bs
Ss Whirl bs
Pdx Whirl bs
Dod bs
Ddd bs
Paradon bs
Barfly bs
Swirl bs
Rev Swirl bs
Twirl bs
Rev Twirl bs
Rev Up bs
Toe Dlo bs
Toe Ss Dlo bs
Clip Dlo bs
Pdx Dlo bs
Gyro Pickup bs
Gyro Lo bs
Gyro Clip bs
Gyro Mirage bs
Gyro Illusion bs
Spin Clip bs
Spin Butter bs
Duck Clip bs
Weaving Clip bs
Dive Clip bs
Zulu Clip bs
Toe Drifter bs
Toe Ss Drifter bs
Drifter bs
Pdx Drifter bs
Toe Torque bs
Toe Ss Torque bs
Torque Bs
Pdx Torque bs
Egg bs
Ss Egg bs
Bubbabeater bs
Pdx Egg bs
Toe Barrage bs
Barrage bs
Spin Mirage bs
Spin Illusion bs
Spin Osis bs
Blender bs
Pdx Blender bs
Dyno bs
Far Dyno bs
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 20 Nov 2009 20:24

It's been awhile, but I thought I'd let the community know that I'm still alive and kicking, pun intended.

A couple weeks ago Ken Somolinos was in town. I was able to get together with him twice and we had 2 fun sessions.

I kicked for the first time since then earlier today. Needless to say I had a lot of rust of the ole' blades.

The only real highlight's are;
Rev Up > Paradon bs, tried to rpt, no success
Rev Swirling Symp Whirl, I hit it once to a hand catch. I count it. I got the motion down for it, I just need to work it more to get it more consistent.
Osis > Barrage bsos..........for some stupid reason that combo is a pain in the ass. If I would have really tried I might have been able to hit Flurry out of osis, but I really didn't try that hard.
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 06 Feb 2010 14:38

I freestyled with Big Add Chad twice during the Phoenix Open and I didn't hit anything new, but I did have some good runs and combo's.

Since then I haven't kicked, but that is due to Mike J's wife taking my shoes to work on Monday morning. Sure I could have kicked in my old goonit's, but I decided to wait for my Nucleus's to show up. Today they were waiting for me when I got home from a fun day of golf.

I might go and have a session today to try them out.

Laters!

Josh
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 24 May 2010 13:57

February might have been my last post in my blog, but it wasn't the last time I played. I've played atleast twice a month since then. Today I have started to get back into shape for Worlds. Hopefully I can get back up to the same level I was before my extended break for I can compete well in circle comp.

I didn't hit anything too worthwhile but I did hit some stuff that I wasn't sure I could anymore.

Highlight's:
Whirr bs
Toe Blue bs
Step Clip > Side > Rip rpt
Spin Clip > Gyro Clip rpt
Spin Clip > Duck Clip rpt
Dive Clip > Duck Clip rpt
Drifter bsos
Whirl bsos
Swirl bs
Had Dive Swirl off my foot
First run of about 30 Infinities plus two Ss Butters
Symp Whirl bsos
Dim > Drifter > Step Mirage bs

It was a good beginning session. I am definitely out of shape. But I knew that going into this session. If I can keep doing a session every other day I should be in pretty good shape for Worlds. Here's to hoping.
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 26 May 2010 14:04

Just had my second session of the week. It felt good. Legs felt a little worn out, but that's ok.

Highlight's:
Pdx Illusion > Muted Quantum Clip bs
Step Mirage > Leg rpt
Torque bs
Fear, Fairy Beater and Fairy Ss Butter all in a run
Footed Step Torque > Mullet
Blurry Whirl b2b> a 10 contact run
Flurry > 13-15 contact run with a Blurriest and Dod
Paradon > Pdx Mirage > Rpt > Toe Whirl > Pdx Illusion > Rpt > Paradon > Rip > Zoom Clip > Osis > Side > Dyno > Drifter > Infinity > Side > Dyno > Drop on Drifter......Best run of the day
Footed Toe Blur b2b

That's all. I'm looking to find a pair of lavers to buy. My goonits are just about dead and my quantums are MIA......not really, I know where they are but Mike has confiscated them, along with my net shoes. Bummer. I need to get those back before Worlds.
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 04 Jul 2010 15:01

Well, I survived my vacation to Idaho and Washington. Got to kick with Zeb and Jim once. Has a good session. Zeb is really good, and everyone knows that Jim is a monster. Oh yeah, Jim dropped a Blurry Whirl :wink: I had a good session, some good runs and links.

Had a session today. It was pretty good. Short, but good. Did some working on Whirr and hitting it out of tricks, mainly ripwalk. I got it second try on my strong side, and I footed flip from the first try on. It got frustrating so I tried some furious stuff and see if I could possibly hit Fury. No luck there. I kept hitting the bag down on the second dex. Ohh well, another day I will work on them more.
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 09 Jul 2010 20:27

Had a good session today. I was going to kick yesterday, but my neighbors came over and we had a water balloon fight and then went swimming.

Today was good. Seeing as it's nice and hot out warming up is quick. I had some good runs, but I was working links that I normally don't do.

Highlight's:
DDD > Ripwalk bs, almost bsos
Fairy Ss Whirl
Tomahawk bsos, flip is new I due believe! 3 tries for it.
Stepping Whirl > Mobius, footed, sweet link
Stepping Whirl (flip) > Vortex, footed, sweet link
Side > Step Mirage bsos
Symp Whirl bs, footed bs

With this session I have made a revelation with my flip stepping. If I sink my clipper a little more than I normally do I get a better set. My Step Whirls were about chest high when I did it this way, compared to waist high. Now if I can remember to do that extra sinking, I should be able to finally hit Ripped Warrior bsos!

*EDIT* Earlier this week I ordered myself a pair of Lavers. My goonits are dying, and I don't know when I might be getting my Q's back. Hopefully they are the right size! *END EDIT*
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 11 Jul 2010 19:14

Had a session tonight. Just ended it. Went in wanting to work DLO's and Egg's, I did for the first half, then I started working on links that I wanted and runs. Had some good runs. I think the longest was probably in the mid-teens.

Highlight's:
Egg bs
DLO bs
Fairy Whirl > Rip > Step Whirl > Rip > Step Whirl > Run
Torque and Toe Torque bsos in the same run
Pdx Blender and Toe Torque bsos in the same run
Symp Whirl, Blizzard, Step Mirage bsos in the same run
Step Whirl > Mobius > Run
Toe Drifter > Drifter > Blur bs, tried to rpt
Merlin
Side > Duck Butter Rpt
Step Clip > Duck Clip rpt > run with Drifter > Torque bsos
Step Whirl > Vortex, footed.....again....
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 16 Jul 2010 21:00

Had my first session in Lavers tonight. It was a fun session, the shoes felt weird at first but I got use to them quickly.

Highlight's:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcp1aT2HnIs[/youtube]
Josh M.
My Website

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 20 Jul 2010 18:01

Had a session Sunday night. It was fun. Got a couple more challenges done, had some sweet drill off my foot and some furious training. Had Fury off my foot twice. Doh!

Here's the video highlight's:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-JZIVfjlrY[/youtube]

I plan on having a session tonight. So there will be more highlight's later tonight or tomorrow.

Peace.
Josh M.
My Website