F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 08 Jan 2009 08:19

Camilleon wrote:See you Thursday, 5, Bahen Centre.
I'm there.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 11 Jan 2009 11:02

Double Post.
Last edited by Slowsis on 11 Jan 2009 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 11 Jan 2009 11:03

Solo sesh yesterday. Almost re-fucked my ankle. Never doing flip-side reverse whirls ever again. :?

In other news, my training regiment is on track, and I'm planning on playing again today. Last session I focused on whirls/dyno/blender, spinning, and tiltless flipside toe tricks. Whirlx5>pdx Whirl>Rpt felt good. Did it a few times...just trying to make sure my flip whirl is 100% no bullshit. Hit dyno b2b a few times which I've never done before. Blender was getting Bsos'ed a few times, but never in long controlled runs. Footed flip pdx blender a whole bunch of times....that trick has evaded me for a long time. I'll make time for blender and dyno every session (5-10 minutes) for the next month, and hopefully by febuary I'll be able to hit/link them and incorperate them into my game.

Spinning still blows. Spinning clipper>ducking clipper>rpt is still waaaay to hard. Gyro clippers are there, but completely unreliable. I can spin, but compared to a shuffle or ducking trick, my consistency is garbage.

Meditating on the base acpects of my footbag game may end up helping me in real life. Realizing that my catch on flip mirage is a bit off-timing (which then makes big pixie/atomic moves after difficult) helped me fix a little glitch in my basics, and made me think about my own life. If I could fix the tiny glitches in the things I take for granted, like my interpersonal skills or motivation, maybe I could hit more (metaphorical) tricks. More on this later.

It also turns out Im becoming a great public speaker. All those footbag performances and super-public footbag sessions have made me realize that stage fright and anxiety only make it WORSE and that to let loose and have fun, without caring what people think about you, is the best way to make them like you and listen to what you are saying. :) Also BELIEVING you are a good public speaker, and BELIEVING everyone is interested in what you have to say makes you more convincing, and have less anxiety related to feeling judged by your audience.

I'll update after my session....today is.... blender/whirl/dyno training again, barrages and double downs, and maybe a bit of stepping big trick training if I'm feeling feisty. Especially on flip stepping>ss or pdx tricks....like blurry drifters/fog/blurry torque/bs blur/steeping ss whirl. I'll hit Blurry drifter>blury whirl>rpt and Whirl War 2 before the end of the month. Thats a promise. :wink:

P.S. Miss you to Erik. :)
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 11 Jan 2009 16:24

Slowsis wrote:If I could fix the tiny glitches in the things I take for granted, like my interpersonal skills or motivation, maybe I could hit more (metaphorical) tricks. More on this later.
Super insightful. I'm gonna try this. And I'm excited to see what you have to say about it "later". Man I miss Toronto a bunch. If anybody needs a roommate in a year-ish or so, let me know. I may move out there again.

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 11 Jan 2009 23:50

Sorry Adam! It was a busy day of school work and I forgot to call you. I probably wouldn't have been able to play anyway, but I know keeping people posted is nice. I'm such a scatter brain, it's unreal. I didn't get around to shredding at all, and tomorrow is another busy day as well. Tuesday after 1:00pm works really well for me, so if you, or anyone else, has any free time then, let me know. I wanna play.
Danny Murphy
Working On: Stepping, painless whirls?

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 12 Jan 2009 10:12

Good stuff Adam. :)

Erik-- :!: shit... I love my apartment x a bajillion, but my boyfriend and roommate and i were considering getting a house at some point in the future (would be much better for the band AND footbag) so it is quite possible that we do the shred house thing!

I guess we'll see! woo!

Dan- I was actually planning to play Tuesday around 1... the time kinda depends on how a project goes at noon, but I will call you when I'm done and head over there to play. Sound good?

Greenwood & I are also shredding Wednesday at 12 at Ryerson.
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 12 Jan 2009 10:31

Can't ever play Tuesdays...I have 9 hours of class.....

But I'm going to solo right now. :P
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 12 Jan 2009 12:55

Sounds great, Camille.

Depending on when you start/how long you play on Wednesay, I will be able to join. My class ends at 2, so I could show up and breathe new life into the tired session. =)
Danny Murphy

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 12 Jan 2009 13:05

Nah, both Adam & I have class at 3 on Wednesday.
Camille Surovy

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 13 Jan 2009 11:14

BRICKWALL

I'm about to call you. My phone is dead and I've left my charger in North Bay. Sorry about that.
Danny Murphy

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 15 Jan 2009 00:03

I wanna see some of you around 3:00 tomorrow, thursday. Anyone free?
Danny Murphy

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 15 Jan 2009 00:38

Yeah man, I get out of my Literature Tutorial at 2:00 - so if I run really fast I might be able to make it to Toronto by 3. I'd have to sprint though...

:)

EDIT: Shit. Time difference fail. When I get out it'll be 5 there...ok never mind... Count me out guys... Sorry :(
Alex Venis

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 16 Jan 2009 20:34

Any one available for a session tomorrow? Or early Sunday?

Derrik and I are coming up for a spontaneous trip around Toronto.

We'll be staying at a hotel at Queen and Woodbine...
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 17 Jan 2009 11:49

I'm completely down...contact meeee! Today! (saturday)

416 972 7676
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 18 Jan 2009 20:22

Aww, wish I coulda... work.

I'll be playing at Ryerson...

Monday from 12-3
Tuesday from 12 til whenever
Wednesday 12-3

Thursday anywhere, anytime.

If anyone is interested, please call me. :)
Camille Surovy

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 23 Jan 2009 09:33

Blah....felt sick allll week and didn't play any footbag. I'm a little bummed out on that.

But i feel better now (just in time for the jam) and am back in action.

I'm also going to see the Killers tonight at the ACC. Dope.

See everyone tomorrow!!!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 04 Feb 2009 09:29

My god....I haven't posted in here for a while.

Well, after our little Toronto jam i was sick all week and couldn't play, but now I'm back and schooling again.

Blurry whirl>Ripwalk>Ripwalk>Rpt>pdx whirl>Sidewalk>rpt

Pixie whirl>Blur>Dlo>rpt

Ducking butter>Stepping ss whirl bsos

Stepping ss whirl>Ripwalk>Rpt

Footed Whirl war 2

Barfly bsos :oops:

My god.....I'm finally making progress on double down concept tricks. Long over due. Maybe I'll spend all next session on them.

Oh.....and Dyno>Ripwalk bs...flip was ugly as sin, but I'll take it.

Thats all for now....I'll paly tommorow for sure, and maybe friday to. Its nice to be healthy after not being able to play....very liberating. And since my legs were OVERLY rested, my string length is great, even if my big tricks are a tiny but rusty. My Cross bag is coming along nicely...been finger rolling it a lot and kicked it a little. Its going to be so choice.

I need to live a more interesting life. I find that the school year is so boring in comparison to the summer, and I need to find a way to change that. Hmmm...think caps on...
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 05 Feb 2009 05:42

Um, how about you come hang out? That could be interesting! :P

I'm sick now, but I'm gonna see how playing here at home works out. I don't really know how great of a shred spot this is, wish I had a good private place to skool. I kinda hate playin in public these days, can't stand the indoor spots we go to, seriously. Can't fuckin wait for summer, especially in this neighbourhood. Blaaaaah.
Camille Surovy

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 05 Feb 2009 11:41

We should hang out during the summer. We can go to Kensington market and knit shawls. I'd like that - wouldn't you?
Alex Venis

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 06 Feb 2009 17:42

♥
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.