F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 05 Mar 2010 08:22

I'm moving to Ajax initially. The house that Johnny and Jay dropped me off at after Montreal last year. May move closer to the city depending on the job and apartment situation. I also have a pet dragon, so that may limit my apartment options.

http://sophocles.hackrifice.com

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 17 Mar 2010 16:36

Epic video coming up. Amazing filming session today. SO HYPED!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 18 Mar 2010 08:34

Where'd the 905 crew disappear to? It seemed like it was on an upswing, and then the upswing had an abrupt halt. Good to hear you're playing hard, Greenwood! I should film some shred soon. As in, film somebody else's shred.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 19 Mar 2010 10:49

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozqVtkcn_dI[/youtube]

This was a great day. Hopefully I'll put out one more video before I leave for treeplanting.

There are two single tricks in a row mid video, one at regular speed, and one in slow-mo. They are not the same trick. See if you can spot the difference!

There was also another 2-3 minutes of decent footage which didn't make the video. I may release a few mini-vids.

Comments appreciated!!!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 07 Apr 2010 19:56

Hey guys!!! I miss everyone. I have been workin my FAT ASS off (don't worry, just figuratively) on my dang thesis project and it's finally going to be exhibited this weekend starting TOMORROW! (Thursday) It's a video installation at a gallery in the Distillery District! If ya can make it that would be sick!

There is a footbag video as part of my installation, featuring Greenwood & I. You gotta come see this monstrous structure I built and experience I created. It focuses on underground performance arts, also including contact juggling, fire spinning, and instrumental music. YOU GUNNA LIKE IT!

Come one, Come all!
to
META 2010: New Media Exhibition
April 8th-10th, 12 to 6pm. Opening Reception Thursday night 'til 9.
Arta Gallery, Distillery District - 55 Mill St.
www.metaexhibition.ca

Featuring the artworks of the graduating class of Ryerson's New Media program at the School of Image Arts...

For info on my project check the site for this:

Under-Ground-Up

Oh and if you have an iPone or iPod Touch, check out the app to guide you through the exhibition, it's pretty cool and NEW media! (but again, don't worry- there will still be old media booklets too! :P)

haha hope to see you there! <3
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 17 Apr 2010 14:00

So who's going to the marijuana march?

Justin Hall
Shredalicious

Post by Justin Hall » 18 Apr 2010 10:54

Ill be there as long as no more injury's occur lol

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 18 Apr 2010 20:32

Oh will I ever be there. :D
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 03 May 2010 13:04

So this weekend was Weed March '10.

I arrived at 12:30, and found Adam Greenwood chatting with Paul Toews, old school Fathead. It had drizzled all morning, so Adam and I immediately took over the driest spot we could find (somewhat covered by tree foliage). This choice of location would prove to be a double-edged sword over the day. Greenwood was leaving for tree planting the next day, and I hadn't played in literally a year, so we were both psyched to start playing at this amazing event.

It had temporarily stopped raining, so we were happy with our lot. Because of our location, we were blocking a large portion of a well-used path through Queen's Park. We made a makeshift dam (more for pedestrian flow than water) with our backpacks and extra clothes, and began to warmup.

Since our staked area was constantly in danger of being overrun by what Adam called "Weed Zombies" or something, Paul acted as a live pylon, moving as needed to herd crowds. Although he joined the kicking circle later (against doctor's orders), Paul, I want you to know that your help all day made it possible to play in relative comfort. Thank you so much.

Adam, sacrificing his beautiful year-old Suderman bag to the conditions, made it clear immediately that he'd been working hard during my year away from the bag. Double dexes were the order of the day, from a person who wouldn't have dreamt of saucing Barfly last I'd seen him.

Then it started to rain... and then it starter to pour. I'd say half an hour of really decent rain made me reconsider swirling and ducking very seriously. The circle became a mudbath, but the best part is that we didn't care. I'm really surprised how little we slowed down on account of the weather.

Cassy arrived, and brought with her an end to the soaking. She was hesitant to shred at first, but I couldn't blame her considering Adam and I (and even Paul) were starting to look like creatures from the black lagoon. She decided it was worth it, and began some dirty shred with us. I really wish I had pictures of us and that poor bag. But yet, very slowly, the clouds began to give way to warmer, drier weather.

I knew my legs wouldn't be able to hold out for long, but I had to keep going as people kept showing up. I was happy to see Camille and her march-themed outfits that we all so look forward to. Add to the mix Justin, who I'd not yet met, Tom Mosher, who I was stoked to see hacking it up, and J.J., with one of the most unique, eccentric styles I've ever seen in a hacker, and I decided to push myself just a little longer.

The ebb and flow of spectators to our exhibition made for a constantly changing feel to the shred. Eventually, the team broke up into circle-kicking and true freestyle circles to meet the demand of people wanting to hack in with us. We got to see a lot of people with some great potential, and I really hope some of them catch the footbag fever and help get FAT moving in a way it's not done in a while. I'm really tired of not having this blog in the first five every time I look at the footblogs section.

As my legs started to fail on me (they're still quite angry (though not nearly as much as my obliques)), I checked my watch and slowly started to pack my things. I was happy to see everyone playing, and glad that small dry patches were beginning to show themselves on the asphalt. However, with married life comes many commitments, and I was on my way then to my mother-in-law's for a scrumptious birthday dinner. I have no idea how old she is, and that's the way she likes it.

I said my quick goodbyes and headed back home for a hot shower and some dry shoes. My damp, wrinkled feet looked older than my tired legs felt. Yet as I live through the total body soreness that follows the end of my hiatus, I keep a smile on my face with every wince, because I'm back, reminded of why I play in the first place and thankful for the abilities, but mostly the friends, that I've gained along the way. I'll play in the rain again anytime.
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 03 May 2010 13:23

:D

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 18 May 2010 16:08

Wow...
Is the shred scene in Toronto dead?

Since coming out of my hiatus, I've had a couple mini solo sessions to attempt to bring my stamina and form back. I've been drilling basic guiltless combos, and trying to work on fundamentals so that I can (maybe for the first time) call myself a real guiltless freestyle player.

Since I'm getting old, as far as the sport in considered, I'm telling myself right now that that will be enough. To be able to have consistent, long and strong, decent runs. If I get there and feel like I can continue to push harder, then I will. But right now, I just want to be able to keep out the tilts without feeling like I'm about to have a heart attack after...

The good news is, after two sessions, I've already noticed a rise in my comfort level, stamina, and enjoyment level.

Here's what today brought back to me.

Spinning Clip > Ducking Clip for 12 contacts
Parkwalk > DLO rpt
Whirl > Ripwalk rpt
Spinning Clip > Ducking Clip > Diving Clip rpt
Dimwalk > Blur rpt

Cooldown was 37 Tiltless. (But even Tiltless is about half 3's... I get bored)

So who can play with me? Somebody help me keep the FAT blog alive again!
Joshua Lackey

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 18 May 2010 18:02

Me me me!

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't played since the march, although I've been somewhat active in other ways. Let me know what's good for you and I'll try and make it.

Glad to hear you've been playing Josh!

Justin Hall
Shredalicious

Post by Justin Hall » 18 May 2010 19:36

Ill be able to play some time as well.

I have played around 5 times since the march, the weather in St. John's isn't that good so it was kinda hard to play more. Now that I am back in Ontario I am definitely up for traveling to the Toronto area to shred.

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 19 May 2010 13:37

So what spot works for everyone?

Where are you now Cassy? I live right off the 401 at Bayview, so if my place is central, we can use it, and have a home base. That's probably easier for Justin depending on what travel method he uses.

That said, I don't mind traveling to Bowmanville once in a while either....

Let me know your thoughts guys! I am under instruction to let Mike Faille know when we're playing too, if we can get enough notice... so maybe a night next week?
Joshua Lackey

Justin Hall
Shredalicious

Post by Justin Hall » 19 May 2010 13:51

There is a pretty good chance that I am going to a concert at the Mod Club on the 31st. I don't care for a lot of the starting bands so I could play then for an hour or too. I could also probably make that weekend as well depending on work, which I will find out soon.

I usually just take the train where ever I am going so if a train/bus can get there I am fine.

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 01 Jun 2010 09:23

Hey guys,

How is everyone?

I'm living in Toronto now, right by York University. Although I very rarely play I'd love to get out to a session some day.

You're playing again Josh? Let's cheel, it has been too long!

Perhaps Cassy, Justin, and Nathan can get out one of these summer days as well?
Andrew Langstaff

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 02 Jun 2010 05:17

I'm down for most evenings, Sundays, and every other Wednesday all day. Today is my free Wednesday... so let me know if you want to do something last minute. Maybe otherwise, we can organize something for 2 weeks from now, June 16?

Let me know what you think!
Joshua Lackey

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 24 Jun 2010 00:09

One month until Im back. Sessions aplenty will occur.

I played for the first time since the march today......was a bit rusty, but still managed to hit a new trick.

Spinning (not gyro) DLO.

Also managed to bsos spinning whirl.

Wicked.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 24 Jun 2010 16:13

Nice, Adam. Hope all's well in tree-town.

Andrew Langstaff and I played for a couple hours today at York University. We are both a little rusty, but want to get back into playing. He brought Liam, a new player (though he didn't play today), and we garnered a lot of interest from passers by. And, hopefully, we will be setting up a weekly session (the first FAT's had in a long time)!

It would be Thursdays, from 3:30-6:30, or thereabouts, at York U.

Anyone think they might be able to make one?
Joshua Lackey

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 12 Jul 2010 16:17

Soooo....

Nobody posts here, but FAT is making a comeback!

Every Thursday at York University!

We want to inspire new players, and we will...

Coming this Thursday, hopefully, is Mike Faille!

Yay!
Joshua Lackey