F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Nov 2010 14:13

Dead.

Does F.A.T. have a reliable indoor shred spot?
Like I said in the previous post, I have a small room in my basement if anyone wants to trek to Ajax... But I'd love a non-solo session and would be down for something in Toronto if people plan to show..

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 01 Dec 2010 13:03

Swirl > far legover > far clipper > swirl > near legover > far clipper [repeat] :twisted:

I've never been able to swirl before, so this was a huge accomplishment. Though my ankle hurts today from all the barely-controlled flailing. I also did it with reverse swirls, but reverse swirls aren't nearly as tough for me.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 06 Dec 2010 04:39

UYeah...I've been out for a couple weeks, was kinda sick, then working way to much....but thats all going to change soon. The Bahen is still a reliable indoor spot for Toronto (only on weekends though), and there is a couple spots at Ryerson that work as long as its not to big a circle.

Sam Neale is getting back soon! :P
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 06 Dec 2010 05:28

Hey there FATties, I'll be in TO I believe from Wednesday -> Friday, and am definitely bringing up some lavers and would love to hook up for some kicks and drinks in the evening (I'll be working in the day).

Who's free?
Nicholas Laroche

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 Dec 2010 09:26

I'm not sure if I'll be working yet or not. I'm kind of on call. But if I don't hear by then, I'm down. I haven't had a non-solo session since... KICKASS?

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Dec 2010 15:06

FAT fails at blogging.
Is there a session going to happen? It takes me, like, 2 hours each way to get downtown, so knowing in advance would be cool..

Been trying to work on consistency and run length lately.
Shins have been killing me, so haven't been playing regularly, or doing anything noteworthy. Started stretching half an hour before and half an hour after and seems to be helping so far. Still kinda suck, and just working on number of contacts per string.

Yesterday I got 7 20+ contact runs in an hour. Sounds kind of weak, but I think I'll be back soon if I concentrate on this.
Today I got 8. One was 40+ starting with an atomic drill, so that felt good. A couple others were 30+. I ended the session on Mobius > Barfly both sides, which felt nice -- a treat to myself, since I land hard on double downs and haven't been doing them.

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 10 Dec 2010 14:37

FAT does fail at blogging...
and at playing together.

I've been thinking about it... and I'm actually really disappointed.
I got back in the scene for what, like 6 months, and it feels like I did all the work. I called people, organized sessions, sent out all kinds of updates on Facebook...

And the moment I don't do that, everything grinds to a halt? Maybe that's a lie, Adam texted me once and I was out of town.

I set up ACTUAL weekly sessions at York, then hurt my ribs. I'm out for two weeks, and all of a sudden there's no more weekly session.

Sorry to bitch, but I feel somewhat entitled. Whatever. I had such a great time this summer playing with everyone, but I can't do everything. Call me up I guess if there's anything ever going on... I'm not really checking modified lately due to the aforementioned fail, but Facebook works really well.

I'm glad Mike and Erik and Adam are still playing... really, I would play again if anyone showed any interest.

I love you guys.
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 10 Dec 2010 15:26

Alright Grundle People, this -is- madness. Footbag is badass, where Juho is our Pope, and Johhny is sunshine. How could it possibly ever be so difficult to play WEEKLY? Like, you know that great feeling, after you hit something new? The more you play, the more often it happens, and all the sudden your inner Vasek says to you "Thanks for eating all those cookies, I liked the cinnamon".

Like, grumble grrumble. When you read this, print out a picture of "pedoseal", and tape copies of that to the other interests in your life which take you away from footbag. Sure, sometimes your spouse might get annoyed with the duct tape, but this is for the love of Juho.

fhootpack!
Jay Boychuk

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 11 Dec 2010 15:36

Hmm around the time you hurt your ribs I hurt my ankle and was out for a couple weeks.

I don't really wanna speak for him, but I believe since Liam has been back at school he's had trouble finding the time for footbag as he's been focusing on his music and schooling.

As for me lately I've been doing 5-6 days of physical training a week - Krav Maga, swimming, weight lifting.. Between that, working full time, and having a girlfriend in a different city.. Admittedly footbag has been taken down a notch on my list of priorities.

That said if you guys are all able to work something out I'll still be glad to show up and play, just probably not every week.

I hope everyone is doing great!

Love, Andrew
Andrew Langstaff

semiconscious
Multidex Master

Post by semiconscious » 12 Dec 2010 07:14

Ugh, I wasted my opportunity to play with Nick Laroche, which is very regrettable, but I started my new job the day I got back, and things were just too hectic this week to organize sessions. Sorry Nick. Come back again, and I'll totally play with you.
That being said, I am back, and would really like to play. Torontonians (Ajaxians? Hamiltonians?), you in? I'm probs too busy to make treks till after the holiday season, my jorb is more busy right now, but i can play in the city, and, come January, I have a will and a GO train that will move me away from my cozy downtown core and towards good shred company.
But to focus on the present, anybody have time for a Toronto session this week? I can probably play today (Short notice, I know), Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday. My Phone number: 416 662 9111. Josh, I'd love to play with you, if you've got the time. Been too long. Actually, that applies to everybody. Be in touch!
Sam Neale

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 17 Dec 2010 09:55

Aiiight, I'm back in town, which means we should play.

This Sunday? 3pmish? Ryerson? (Thats the best indoor spot I can remember)

Next idea - whose free this week and wants to play? Sam? Josh? Adam? Erik? Anyone else?

My number is 604-649-5293 (text that shit, I ain't answering calls)

I can play any day of the week at any time. I'm working now, but my hours are flexible, so I can switch 'em up for footbag.

We'll start with Sunday, then, I'll organize another one :)

Sooo - Whose down for this Sunday, 3pm - Ryerson?
Alex Venis

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 17 Dec 2010 11:04

Gonna have to see.
I joblessly depend on my woman to pay my GO transit, and I think she works on Sunday. Are you back for good now? What's your job?

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 17 Dec 2010 11:07

No sir - here until the 5th of January. So a solid 3 weeks. I'm working for my dad - sweatshop work without the slave driving. Its pretty solid and hella flexible.
Alex Venis

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 22 Dec 2010 15:34

We NEED to organize a holiday JAM.
Everyone, if we need to change it we can, but I say we set something up for the week between Christmas and New Year's. Say, Tuesday the 28th in the afternoon or early evening?

I know we can't play at Bahen Centre... so where can we go? York is an option, but it's far for those who commute or live downtown.

I want to hear suggestions.

Merry holidays, as well. Alex, Sam, if you can both make it a day that isn't Tuesday I really want to see you both. It's been years... literally.
PM me if you don't have my cell number. It hasn't changed, so if you have a number for me, that's my number. Please, call me. I sound jaded in my most recent posts here, and don't get me wrong, a part of me is. But FAT is still important to me, and I want to get us ALL together. Erik, I volunteer to cover transportation costs. We need to play more.
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 22 Dec 2010 16:24

I'm down.
I should start work next week actually, so, that should mean that I can get out to more, including Oshawa, since I will have money to pay for gas. I should know on Friday when I work next week. Also, I will be working part-time, so hopefully that will mean more flexibility for me. I've been playing pretty regularly, but it's boring to solo.

Tuesday sounds great.
I will confirm when I can!

I wonder if we could get away with playing in the tunnels that lead from Union to the CN Tower?.. Do you guys know what I mean? I've only been there a couple of times, but it didn't seem busy. Too bad Paul Agostinelli doesn't live here... his place was perfect. And close to Union, too, for commuters!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 25 Dec 2010 02:07

It looks like I work on Tuesday, but only until 3, so I could make something later on. It doesn't look like anyone else is interested though, so..

Times that would work for me:
Monday during the day/afternoon
Tuesday late afternoon/evening
Wednesday late afternoon/evening
Thursday day/afternoon
Friday day/afternoon
Weekend any time (as far as I know now)

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 25 Dec 2010 04:55

MERRY CHRISTMAS FAT

IF NOTHING ELSE, DO A LEGOVER TODAY WITH FLAIR, AND GRACE. JON HABER LOVES YOU ALL.
Jay Boychuk

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 26 Dec 2010 08:07

Tuesday afternoon works for me. Anytime, anyplace. I can make any time this week, as all I'm doing is working. I'll check the blog daily.
Alex Venis

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 26 Dec 2010 10:46

I wouldn't be able to be downtown until 5ish, since it takes forever to take the train and such. Any idea where we can play downtown indoors?

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 27 Dec 2010 21:23

Ryerson. Ok, lets say, Tuesday evening, at around 6:00pm. We'll meet at Dundas Square, and poke around Ryerson for a place to play. If that fails, we'll come up with something else. I'll be there, but others should confirm, cause if no one else does, I'm not likely to show :P
Alex Venis