F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 27 Apr 2006 06:18

Lackey82 wrote:My new Mirken bag arrived today.
Purdy :)
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 27 Apr 2006 13:28

skippy dip dip

Ill totally rock down to missy sauga sometime!

Ill be in the city officiallyl in 30 days.

I bet there are a TON of great shred spots in toronto hee hee hee hee
Vida Shredita

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 29 Apr 2006 06:43

Everyone who can, let's organize a Sunday Shred for tomorrow!
I'm free pretty much all day.
Vida, are you available?
Taishi?
Adam?
Camille?
Mike?
Dan?
(Stefan?)

Let's do it! The weather is supposed to be good! Meet at Queen's Park subway station?
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 29 Apr 2006 09:42

I would be down for a session here in the Sauga town, but I fear that if I take the bus down to Toronto, that I will not be able to session for too long anyway. I work at 4 o'clock, and if I took transit, I'd have to leave toronto at like, 3, or 230.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 29 Apr 2006 17:27

Ive got a lot of prep work to do and only a short time to do it in.. so I cant shred with you guys tomorrow.. but Im in for next weekend for sure. Weed march and footbag?
Vida Shredita

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 29 Apr 2006 17:58

Vida, right!

For once, I figure we should start organizing this fandangle right now.

I figure we should meet that Saturday at the Queen's Park subway station?? Does that sound right? I mean, I don't know the subway THAT well.

I'd like to establish a good meeting time as well, so all or most of us will be able to find the others easily! Let's figure this out, FAT, I'm looking VERY forward to this!
Joshua Lackey

taishi
Shredaholic

Post by taishi » 29 Apr 2006 22:00

I can play footbag today!! :D
I want to hit Montage or PS Whirl<Whirl wind!! I'll try!! :twisted:

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 30 Apr 2006 05:31

Ok!

Taishi and I are meeting at Queen's Park Station at 2:30 today. Anyone who can make it is more than welcome! I look forward to seeing all of you, if not today, then on the 6th!
If you want to come today but can't be at Queen's Park station at the designated time, just give me a call on my cell phone - (905) 716-2852 - and we'll work something out / I can let you know where we are.

Talk to you soon, FAT!
Joshua Lackey

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 30 Apr 2006 08:18

FATheads!!!! Marijuana March is coming soon. I've got some people coming with me who are interested in footbag, so there'll be some impressionable newbies there too!!! Woooo!!! Anyhow, I agree with Josh, we really gotta start sorting stuff out for this. I'd really like to go down as early as possible and start smoking and shredding really early on. I'll help plan stuff out if need be. Someone just get in touch! Let's FAT up the weed marrrch! WoOOWOWO summer
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Stefan
Multidex Master

Post by Stefan » 30 Apr 2006 08:32

Skippy! wrote:FATheads!!!! Marijuana March is coming soon. I've got some people coming with me who are interested in footbag, so there'll be some impressionable newbies there too!!! Woooo!!! Anyhow, I agree with Josh, we really gotta start sorting stuff out for this. I'd really like to go down as early as possible and start smoking and shredding really early on. I'll help plan stuff out if need be. Someone just get in touch! Let's FAT up the weed marrrch! WoOOWOWO summer
Definately when summer break rolls around, I'll be up for shred just about every day of the week. Looking forward to it. :D

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 30 Apr 2006 13:32

yeah I mos def need info on this weed march. I work 7-3 friday so I think i wont be abletoget up to toronto until 6pm! when is weed march? Ill see if I can get the day off.

Hit me with details toronto peeps
Vida Shredita

fidottio
Shredalicious

Post by fidottio » 30 Apr 2006 18:17

I haven't shredded in months. I've been really into working out and the cardio involved in shredding is very counter productive.

With that being said, I now live in Etobicoke. I'm not really sure how far out Toronto is, but I'd appreciate it if you could post shred details here so I might be able to come out a couple times this summer. I'm only here till August.

Don't hate me, but I considered not bringing my lavers even :(
"Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow." -Hans

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 01 May 2006 09:14

Don't hate me, but I considered not bringing my lavers even
No hating in footbag
You can take as many breaks as you want man

Okay, so what is the meeting place/times for Marijuana March?
Vida Shredita

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 01 May 2006 11:32

Wow, I'm really happy to hear how excited everyone is about the Marijuana March!!! We could post about it in journies to tournies but I always get razzed whenever I do that... :P

Anyway, it will be this Saturday, May 6th, at Queen's Park!!! Everyone starts arriving at the park around 10-11. We chill, smoke, and SHRED!!! You can also watch the bands perform, but we almost never check out the stages. And then everyone marches downtown, protesting, singing, dancing, drumming, and smoking, while the cops block off the streets for us and turn a blind eye to our ganga!!! :D

We return to the park for more kicky, smokey, music, and a countdown to 4:20! FAT is always the last to leave. We play till it's too dark, and even then, we play under the park lamps. :P It's gonna be a WICKED TIME!

Here is the event website: http://www.cannabisweek.ca/day.html

There you can find a map of the park, a map of the parade route, a list of the performers, and other info.

There are a lot of hot dog stands and restuarants near by (Bloor and University is just a block away) so food will be easy to find. There are also port-a-potties, but I go to U of T, which surrounds the park, so I know where all the super close washrooms are. Ask me if you'd rather use one.

As for getting there, the Museum Subway Station is actually the closest; if you get off at Queen's Park station you have to walk all the way back around the government buildings.

So get off at Museum and walk right into the park. Right in the centre of the park there is a concrete patch where all the paths meet, and in the centre of that there is a horse statue. We'll be playing on the concrete at the horse's head. Dat's our t-spot. You can't miss it. 8)

No need to meet at the subway, it's gonna be hella crowded EVERYWHERE around there, just meet at the horse. It's much easier to find a shred circle than a group of people on that day, trust me. And there are A SHITLOAD of hack circles, ALL OVER THE PARK!!! It's gonna be insane!!! I'm so excited and I can't wait to see the look on some of your weed-march-virgin faces!! Every year there are more and more hackers, and more and more freestylers too! They see us shred there and the next year they suddenly have Lavers and are hitting dexes! :o That is how our lovely Greenwood discovered freestyle, so it has proven to be a very worthy footbag recruitment day.

I just ordered some FAT cards, so hopefully they arrive by then. They include links to our dot org listing and this blog. I also put the fat logo I designed on them, and Dan lent me a 32 design for the background. They look fuckin badass, can't wait to get them. You'll all get a stack to hand out during the day, please do, it will be helpful. I'll also give you each a bunch to take with you after so that you may give them to your friends or people you meet in the city who might be interested in footbag.

During your time at the park on Saturday, I recommend that you all take a moment to explore and play with the various hack circles around the park. You may feel bad for "skooling them" (I know I always do), but they will likely be grateful that you enlightened them to this beautiful sport, especially if you inspire them to take it up.

Show them a bit of freestyle, give them some cards, and give them the flyers I'm also designing. They'll include some footbag info and a welcome to join the club. If you'd like to help me design it, please let me know. I won't be starting it till Thursday evening since I have an exam that morning.

Anyway, I really cannot wait until Saturday!! The Toronto Weed March is honest to god my most favourite day of the year!!! I swear, it beats Christmas, my birthday, and even Halloween! It's the best day in Toronto, you'll see. All the city's coolest cats come out. Literally, there are people dressed as cats and everything! :

I'm so happy that Adam gets to stay for the day and Vida will be here!!! Unfortunately, our Father Fatty, Paul Toews, will not be shredding with us because he is still injured. :( But hopefully he comes and chills for the day; the weed march is where he taught so many people in this city what footbag is all about. :D

Here is a picture of the Original Fatsters at the march last year:

Me, Andrew, Paul, Billy, & Elliot

It's gonna rock! I'll see you there!!!
Last edited by Camilleon on 01 May 2006 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by BuckRuckus » 01 May 2006 12:31

Nice! I'll be there! And if you'd like some help designing flyers, I can be of service.

Skeletor
Multidex Master

Post by Skeletor » 01 May 2006 13:32

Oh jesus

Camille you know just how to get me freakin PUMPED

I AM SO THERE
man
I cant even express the excitement I feel

Thanks for organizing it Camille, you are the best!
See everyone Saturday!
Vida Shredita

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 01 May 2006 13:47

[cameo]
See y'all there! :twisted:
[/cameo]
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 01 May 2006 17:48

I am looking forward to this weekend. Even with my stank ass shred.
Jon's FootBlog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 01 May 2006 21:41

Jon.....your shred is anything but stank! :P

SOMEONE BRING A VIDEO CAMERA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(There needs to be a philthy-ass toronto vid in the near future)
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 02 May 2006 04:49

Slowsis wrote:Jon.....your shred is anything but stank! :P
LOL just wait.
Jon's FootBlog