F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: F.A.T.

Post by Muffinman » 07 Mar 2013 23:00

You guys should come down to London some day. We jam with Johnny a bit more often than once a month. I plan to start drilling once it's nice out too.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 08 Mar 2013 09:08

I'd love to. Just post here or send me a message when you are playing next and I'll try to make it. I'm not to busty right now, so if you give me a few days notice, I'm pretty much 100% to attend. :D
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Mar 2013 12:27

Tomorrow (Saturday) at noon is our next session, but that's probably too short notice. Next one will probably be next month.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 08 Mar 2013 17:57

Yeah thats a little close. If I was driving I could make it happen, but I'll be taking the bus.....
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 10 Mar 2013 12:50

Swirls are cool. Im going to get awesome at them.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 02 Apr 2013 17:18

This is probably in order for the next FAT jam: http://i.imgur.com/C3fSJxL.png

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 16 Apr 2013 11:36

May 11th is the Global Marijuana March 2013.

Anyone coming out?
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 Apr 2013 22:19

Not sure yet, but I'm hoping to be in Toronto for a few days maybe next week-ish. Would you be down for shred?

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 18 Apr 2013 16:59

Sad to say I'll be out of town between the 22nd and may 5-8th :(

Sessioned with Sam today, hes getting back in form quite nicely, and had a few runs with great density.

Personal Highlights:

Food>Mobius

Flip Alpine Blurry Whirl followed by good side first try

Lots o' blenders. :D

Blurry Whirl>Void

Multiple strings of 30+ contacts with 3-4 BOPs or less.

Vortex>Spike Hammer

Confidence.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Apr 2013 06:08

Slowsis wrote:
Food>Mobius

Vortex>Spike Hammer.
Nice links!

BuckRuckus
Egyptian Footgod

T.R.I.C.K.

Post by BuckRuckus » 14 Jul 2013 09:44

I had a great time on Saturday. Really cool to see so many old friends. Thanks for organizing, Camille! And guess what! I practiced today. I'm on a roll.

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

T.R.I.C.K

Post by Cass » 15 Jul 2013 09:07

Such a great weekend!

Friday

I decided to take the scenic route instead of transit and made the 40 minute trek from Union to the Friday night event site. When I arrived shortly after 7pm I was greeted by Marnie and Ruby on the sidelines watching shred by Jorden, Adam, Camille, Tom and JJ. Lots of shred took place as well as some kicking of the shuttlecock which I somehow managed to break.
Hangouts were at Camille’s house after shred at which point Johnny Suderman arrived. Tom brought cards against humanity which I had never played before. This game is a riot and many laughs were had. Camille’s M Night Shyamalan cards were definitely the best play of the night.

Saturday

Camille, Jorden, Johnny and I made the walk to the event site. A Ti Kwon Do grading was taking place under the shelter which we were hoping to play and as a result the start of our session took place in the hot sun. Adam arrived and despite the heat many good tricks were hit and eventually we were able to take over the somewhat dirty but much cooler shelter. Maciek whom I met for the first time this weekend busted super hard but unfortunately disappeared before I had an opportunity to say goodbye. James from Montreal came out to play and so did Mike Faille. It was really cool to see them both again. Camille's boyfriend Lane appeared at some point but I didn't even recognise him because he had shaved and cut off his dreads. Just when we thought we were done for the day and completely wiped out Tom Mosher arrived and convinced us to keep playing! Tom’s energy must have rubbed off because Johnny and I were able to keep playing and hitting lots of fun strings.

Jorden brought some weird toys that I’ve never seen before and him and Adam also did some juggling tricks.
There was some takraw action as well as kicking of Tom’s now taped up shuttlecock. I kicked it on the roof of the picnic shelter twice! Luckily it rolled off each time. I seem to have very bad luck with that thing.

The event site had a free public pool. It felt super good to go for a swim after a long, dirty session.

After shred and swimming there was sushi with Camille, Johnny, and Jorden. I got to try some new things and Jorden amused himself by playing with his food.
Saturday night Adam had been invited to a live music party on the rooftop of someones apartment. Adam, Camille, Lane and I paid $5 at the door and made our way through somebodies grimy apartment to a rooftop packed with well over 200 people. If you like personal space this was not the place to be. Sadly we missed the live show and there was a DJ playing very loud music. While it was definitely worth the $5 to see a party like this it was rather uncomfortable so after a short time Lane, Camille and I headed over to Tom’s workshop to meet up with him and Johnny. Tom was giving Johnny a lesson on his new sewing machine. Johnny made a very small couch (pouch, actually) which he was not happy with at all and promptly hid. Leaving Tom behind, we headed back to Camille’s place and things are a little fuzzy at this point but Adam met back up with us. We walked Camille’s hilarious dog Auto to the nearby park and hung out until the sun started to come up. Back at Camille’s place Adam got Jorden get up and we chilled and talked even more until we finally decided to get some sleep around 5:30.

Sunday

Jorden had to leave super early and when we finally dragged ourselves out of bed Johnny, Camille and myself went out to get some breakfast. The place we went was pretty cool, every inch of pretty much everything was covered in graffiti/vandalism which made it pretty unique. We enjoyed some good food and conversation and headed back to get ready for some more hack.
Once again the shelter was taken at the event site. We searched around and found a little shaded spot that was sufficient for some shred. James came out again and the four of us shredded for a couple hours. We were all a little off at the start and realised that it was because we didn’t have any beats. Normally Adam supplies the tunes and he wasn’t able to make it out on Sunday. I put some music on my small portable speaker and things picked up a bit. After a while Tom and Marnie came out and James had to get going.

When everybody was completely burned out (except Camille who overcame her hangover and started playing really well near the end) we said our goodbyes to Johnny, Tom and Marnie. Camille and I headed to the pool to cool off. We floated around in the water and talked about various things for well over an hour. It’s really nice to have another woman footbagger around. The guys are awesome but I can relate to Camille in a completely different way and that’s really refreshing.

When we were finished at the pool Camille walked me to the nearby subway and we said our goodbyes. Saying goodbye at this jam was much less bittersweet than for most footbag events since we had the knowledge that we would meet again at worlds in a couple short weeks.

It’s always amazing to see old friends again. This was just a small event but it has probably been one of my favourite footbag jams so far. It was completely laid back and stress free the entire weekend which I really enjoyed. I'm so glad that everyone who came out could make it. I was already really stoked for worlds but this has put me on a whole new level of excitement for footbag. I’m pretty much on a cloud right now that I have no intention of coming down from any time soon.

Love all you guys and can’t wait to see everyone again at WORLDS!!!

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 16 Jul 2013 18:16

Session Saturday July 20th 1pm at Christie Pits Park

Be there.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 02 Nov 2013 18:16

Do you guys still kick?

I might be heading into Toronto a bit more often in a few months time if a job comes through for me.

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 02 Nov 2013 19:27

Yeah dawg. Sesh tomorrow. 11am. Bahen.

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 02 Nov 2013 19:28

Also add up that fat Facebook group. That's what's up.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 05 Oct 2014 14:28

Hi modified. I missed you.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 05 Oct 2014 16:14

blog it up

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Oct 2014 21:40

My body is ready to start following this blog...
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman