Coffmans blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 15 Aug 2006 15:32

What!? You guys shredded with Kenny Shults?! 8O

It's true; Luis has mad style, and Teddy bags are siiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 16 Aug 2006 14:04

I'd also like to give a shout out to luis, who is getting too good for his own good.
Well Today my dad wasnt home so I played on his expensive hardwood floors i always fantasize about playing on. I worked alot on my swirls but my biggest improvement today was on ripwalk and ps whirls. I was taking my old drill pdx mir>btr>inf> repeat and added all of the uptime components one by one in succession and then some so the actual string was
pdx mir>btr>inf repeat>pdx mir>btr> ripwalk> repeat>blur>btr>ripwalk rpt>blur> legbeater>ripwalk> repeat>I then proceeded to hit 4 back to back ripwalks and other things. I know for sure later in the run i hit pdx mir>atomic no pland clip>inf repeat.
Im just glad that all of my ripwalks were consistent today. I only tried 2 ps whirls today and they were both really clean. I also tried and hit only two symposium toe whirls.
Also Im racing dirtbikes saturday and sunday this weekend. The bike I am riding is a cr 250 formerly raced by motocross legend Jeremy Mcgrath who is very well acquainted with my sponsor (Who Just became business parters with my dad! YEs!).
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 16 Aug 2006 14:08

nice run son!
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 16 Aug 2006 14:17

MoBius>MobIuS Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! 5:10 aug 16 Totally an accident I thought id work on swirls a little suddenly i felt like mobius. I hit it a few times both sides and was feeling pretty good so i tried a flipside mobius. Holy shit its raining! I was about to finish the mirag and i noticed i was really close to a cabinet so i didnt turn into the osis but it still landed right on the sweet spot and i was perfectlly balanced. Naturally i spun out of the set and bam another mobius!
Thanks Henry!
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

freestyler4life
BSOS Beast

Post by freestyler4life » 16 Aug 2006 16:59

wow sweet stuff have you tried any combos involving PS whirl to mobius or mobius to PS whirl, I always thought that those links were sick and stylee. Are you and Louis planning to enter the onlnine competition, I'm gonna bring my camera to riverside so unless you have already filmed a sick 3/1 I hope you have in mind

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the other post, you want be there, your racing motorthings

where is Luis!, I wanna here what he thought about the open

ninjo
Fearless

Post by ninjo » 18 Aug 2006 17:52

Well I finally made it back home to Tulsa from the US Open in Portland,OR.I took the bus and it took me about 2 days to get there and 2 days coming back.A bit too harsh for me,I'll be flying next time.

There were so many awesome times the whole weekend,i will not get close to remembering everything and posting them here.It will have to take more than one post.

Pretty rough trip but WELL worth it.I met Kenny Shults,Uhhh holy freaking moly! it was too much,i did'nt know what to think,i could'nt handle it right.I thanked him for changing my life,shook his hand and got a picture with just me and him.After that we did'nt talk much,i just watched him play net.He is incredibly amazing at net,very fun to watch.

The best of times were simply shredding it up with my favorite players,Ricky Moran,Dylan Fry and Daryl Genz.It's just a fantastic blast to watch those 3 guys freestyle,pure heaven!

I'm already gettin tired of typing,i type really slow,so just a little more and i'll think up some more for next post.

HUGE Thank You to Red Husted for picking me up at the Greyhound station and letting me crash at his place,plus all the sponsorships he hooked us all up with,I loved all the free Rockstar Energy Drinks! Thanks buddy :)

Yep there's much more but i'll save it for next time.It was simply a super fun time,I had a blast even though Lon Smith was'nt there,that's how good it was. :D

Peace Out To All

Luis Monhollon
Hard work never fails.
Organics,Poop,Laugh,Smile,Peace,Water,Dream,Share.
Lotus>Gyro Blender>Mobius.
BananaPeanutButterHoneyRaisinCinnamon
http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/luvids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l-kAi_ ... t_received

freestyler4life
BSOS Beast

Post by freestyler4life » 20 Aug 2006 17:20

wow Luis, I don't think I could stand a 2 day bus trip there and back

Well Ive been playin pretty hard the past 4 days and the only thing I have to show for it is-

spinning clip>spinning clip>ducking clip>rpt
butter>bubba>butter>pdx illusion>rpt
ducking clipx15
a couple of big fatty clean flails
alpine legbeater, now I just need to get it on camera
and some others that I can't remember

my strings have gotten better, but I need to start working my sets more, and my toe game

ninjo
Fearless

Post by ninjo » 20 Aug 2006 18:31

Ok lets see what else i can think of that happend at the US Open.

Off the top of my head

The first day i got there,Red took me to a burrito shop and i had one of the fattest burritos i've ever had.

Got a little too wasted at Noah's party one night,finally fell asleep around sunrise time.

Another night i went to see some live music at some bar with Matt Cross and Ellis Piltz,it was some pretty good bluesy stuff, i liked it,plus a fantasticly delicious vegie burger.

Party at some net players house was a nice night.Free pizza and beer.Also the hot tub felt pretty good.Good hackin goin on in the back yard too.and some fat ass blunts circulating in the hidden room,that was damn fun.

Kicking my first ever brand new chain bag with Daryl was great fun.

Out for now

later
Hard work never fails.

scott behmer
Multidex Master

Post by scott behmer » 20 Aug 2006 22:36

hey man nice to meet you again. i don't know how you made it two days on a bus, that's crazy!! Hopefully i'll see you at sjff
scott behmer

ninjo
Fearless

Post by ninjo » 22 Aug 2006 12:34

Iron clad Ben,yep deffinately cool meeting you and good times kickin it up.Thanks for the kind words,it makes me feel great every single time someone posts something about me :D
Shoot me a pm anytime your ready for a Teddy bag.I shred with Teddy bags every session.

Scott Behmer,cool meeting you again also.You're a pretty crazy funny dude.I'm deffinately looking forward to SJFF5.

Louis,Matt and Ben ,we need to have a jam soon.I simply love circle kicking with you guys.I could just get hacks for hours! I'm crazy addicted to freestyle footbag.My Dutchmaster footbag is one of the best bags i've ever had!
We need to practice rippin run a ton.I plan on winning that event at SJFF5.

over
Hard work never fails.

scott behmer
Multidex Master

Post by scott behmer » 22 Aug 2006 18:48

I forgot to say that the dvd you and your brothers made was awsome. i really liked it.
scott behmer

freestyler4life
BSOS Beast

Post by freestyler4life » 26 Aug 2006 18:41

Louis, Ben and I had a session at riverside today, no Luis :(

I thought we all played pretty good

I had some good strings, but my stepping was bad and I couldnt get my atomic set high enought to duck

I got some sick3's and sick 1 on camera for Ben and Louis

Ben hit for his sick 3-
-merkon>drifter>PS whirl
-spinning butter>spinning pdx mirage>legbeater
-ripwalk>pdx whirl>mobius
-spinning pdx whirl>spinning ss osis>PS whirl
-symp whirl>pogo legover>legbeater

now its just a question of which one he should use for the modfizzied comp

Louis hit for his sick 3/1
-toe set zulu mirage
-symp mirage>super butterfly>PS mirage
-ss mirage>ss mirage>ss mirage(down 3 steps)

I think he is going to use the top two, but I'm not sure

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 26 Aug 2006 19:17

Super Butterfly?

Wha?
Danny P.

gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 26 Aug 2006 20:42

Luis: Im glad you like the bag! Portland sounds like a blast, especially the secret blunt smoking room :D

Matt: That was an Awesome session today! I thought we all played great too; Long strings, wicked combos, and mad style.
Im glad you brought the camera! Ben always likes to be filmed (you probably noticed), and i'm glad I was able to hit stuff for the camera.
I'll definitely use the toe zulu mirage and Symposium run, for the sick 3.

Also, That drunk'ish guy that played for awhile was crazy! Smelled like beer... :wink:

Today I hit:
-Smear > Dimwalk >Ripwalk
-Dimwalk > Ripwalk > Blur (i think. I know I hit 2 3 contact shuffles with the afformentioned tricks)
-Ripwalk b2b
-footed paradox tap a few times
-flip Schmoe cleanly (not the 1st time... maybe 2nd)
-toe Ducking symp mirage
-some long-ass runs
-same-side mirage down steps (1 per step, 3 steps) several times, and once for the camera.
-And some other stuff that's not coming to me at the moment

Pirate: Super Butterfly is Symposium butterfly (I know, it doesnt get the symp ADD)

ninjo
Fearless

Post by ninjo » 26 Aug 2006 22:21

I am sad i missed the session guys.It was Regae Fest today,and then it got rained out.I should've been at the session instead.
Damn i missed out on the camera too,crap! oh well,no problem.

Lets see,any good news?

I hit ps whirl at the us open.i never do that trick.very clean too,and it did'nt hurt my knee either.Jeremy Mirken saw it.

Excellent kick practice circle the other day with Ted,Nel,and myself.I been tearin up the flyers,guiltlessly.plus lots of other basic kicks.

A new combo for the future i thought of sounds fun.

peeking spinning clipper,(i think thats what its called)> double spinning clipper > inspinning mirage
Hard work never fails.

ninjo
Fearless

Post by ninjo » 27 Aug 2006 00:01

More US Open memories in Portland

Nick Landes has a beautiful style.Fun times shreddin it up with him.I love it when he hits some of my styley moves that i dont usually see from other players.Thanks to Nick for letting me shower at his house.

Thank you very much Dat Phan for driving me around Portland on the last day i was there.I think everyone else had already left.Dat and i hung out around town a little while before i had to leave.We went to that popular doughnut shop,i forgot what it was called.Then we met up with Red one last time and got one last nice hack circle goin.it was fun.

This was also the tournament that Cameron said to his mom Sunny Freeman Genz."mom,can you teach me how to play footbag".I think that's what it was. :D
Hard work never fails.

proof
Hack Fiend

Post by proof » 29 Aug 2006 08:34

HMMMM seems im the only 1 out of the group that hasnt posted here. well im back and happier then hell dad still dont no so keep it on the low. but man i can wait to start seriously shredding. things are going to be differant this time. 4 those that dont no i majorly hurt my knee and was out DAMN I MISSED IT (footbag) i was thinking man i want to meet up for a session but im not good enough with practice hopefully ill be out there w/ u guys but til then im going to shred til i cant or my knee dosent allow me to

so til then later. PEacE :D
SHRED THE WORLD!!!
who has footag fever?
-steven corpus-

ninjo
Fearless

Post by ninjo » 29 Aug 2006 11:14

Awesome session yesterday with Nelson.Teddy filmed a bit.

Lots of ducking practice.great spinning ducking run.slowly feeling more control.
Passing with Nelson.
smear>ss smear rpt
merkon>pixie ss pickup>spinning clipper almost bsos
torque practice,great pdx torque run.
guilting flyers.
void>drifter>vortex both sides.
pdx torque>pdx drifter>mobius!YES first time ever! almost both sides.
tons o toe spins
more hacks with Nelson
d-a-t-w practice
about 5 or 6 pdx whirls
spinning out of dod's and paradons
osis>stepping practice.
Hard work never fails.

gangsta
BSOS Beast

Post by gangsta » 29 Aug 2006 18:17

Luis Monhollon wrote:Lots of ducking practice.great spinning ducking run.slowly feeling more control.
As always! :o

Stepping out of Osis is freakin wicked! Can't wait for the next session!

scott behmer
Multidex Master

Post by scott behmer » 29 Aug 2006 19:26

luis, are you coming to sjff?? start looking for plane tickets and post in the sjff topic as soon as you get one, it'd be great to see you again.
scott behmer