g$

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 22 Jul 2009 11:53

good to see you again. hope youre USING the needle...

yes that sounds bad
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 02 Aug 2009 14:34

PegLegHolly wrote:yes that sounds bad
:cry:

I'm going to use that needle as soon as I'm done with my summer classes and work, which both fortunately end this week. I've been very tied up this summer. I really wanted to play more footbag this summer and work out more and visit more of my friends, but that didn't all seem to work out.

Ok, I have a new joke. Two pretzels were walking down the street. One was raped.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 02 Aug 2009 16:15

the other was a-salted..

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 10 Sep 2009 08:47

i haven't been on modified in a real long time, but for some reason as soon as i logged on today i felt a spark of magic, and felt the minor wave of excitement that used to hit me when i was a younger footbagger. kind of exciting. maybe i'll play a little today.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 28 Sep 2009 11:57

Slowly but surely I'm coming back to terms with how I used to play. I'm hitting all the moves that I used to be able to, but now consistency is the only problem. And I'm trying to focus in on posture, style, and balance. I've also started stitching again (whoo!) and I finished one hex on my pokebag I started so long ago.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 28 Sep 2009 13:09

yay

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 30 Sep 2009 16:41

I feel like I'm finally back. Today was a good session. Could've been better if people weren't such assholes (the guy in the brown coat), but I finally feel like I can play well enough again. I barely even got out of breath today. My legs were really sore from working out two days ago, but that didn't seem to matter at all. I hit a couple moves that I hadn't hit in awhile, and my strings are getting a lot longer. There was more I was going to say, but I forgot.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 30 Sep 2009 18:13

Did you ever get my email? Did you still want to try to colab on something musically?
James Randall

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 01 Oct 2009 10:16

Oops :o I got the email, but just I've kept putting it off. Yeah, I still want to do something, but I'm just very bad at managing my time. Thanks for the reminder though. I liked that one song you sent me, but I couldn't really think of anything to add to it. Maybe I could do vocals over it or something. I'll look at it a little more.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 20 Dec 2009 01:30

Oh modified, how we have fallen apart. Meh.

I've been playing a bit more now that I know that New Years Jam is coming up. I even did 50 pushups yesterday (not in a row).

It's hard to try to rekindle the spark in footbag that used to be there, and I wish that I never quit playing. Not that I just flat out quit, but I've just been kind of on and off about it, and I wished I was on. I still have time to pick up where I left off though. Right now I'm not as good as I was last year, but I know that I can do better. It'll just take me some time and dedication.

I think that I want to take the new year as a fresh start. I don't really believe in resolutions, because "New Years Resolution" usually connotates giving up something or making a weak attempt at forcing yourself to do something you don't truly believe in just because its another tradition. But I want to start making changes to better myself for longer periods of time. I want to eat less shit food that isn't good for me, I want to start exercising more, I want to stop procrastinating so god damn much, I want to fix my sleep schedule, I want to learn more, I want to fix my sleep schedule, I want to get over my addiction to the internet (more specifically facebook), and I want to get over my social phobias.

I think I have social anxiety disorder or something, and maybe depression. A couple years ago when I was visiting a therapist once a month certain topics such as depression and social stuff had come up, and I hadn't lied about it, but I kind of pushed it aside and tried to not make a big deal about it. Not that I didn't trust the therapist, but I think that I was caught in a bunch of difficult situations that were difficult for me to describe, and possibly difficult to understand. Now that I think about it, I was only hurting myself, but I didn't really see myself opening up to anybody at that age. There are just certain things that I think are alarm bells, such as my extremely limited group of friends all of my life (sometimes not having any friends whatsoever), not being in any real relationships along with a general fear of relationships, my fear of authority figures (including benevolent authority figures), my fear of being stuck in a large group of people and not knowing anyone or having anyone to talk to, my inability to approach people, especially strangers, my slight paranoia, the feeling that wherever I am, I'm constantly being judged by others... etc. I'm not really viewing it as a major problem, but rather something that I think I have to get over, whether its on my own or with some help.

And I need to start collaborating with habit@! I keep putting it off but I don't mean to. I'll conjure something up while I'm home for the next month and email it to him.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 20 Dec 2009 02:50

You're totally at a stage when social and personal issues come into focus, but if you have the desire you have a lot of resources to overcome them. Put yourself in situations out of your comfort zone and over time it'll be gravy and potatoes. You're in college baby. Get in some clubs for a start - they at least have free pizza.

You may like footbag if you have peeps to play with. We need to get on that, cuz after NYJ I'll need new motivation.

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 20 Dec 2009 13:19

Word. Free pizza and massages for everyone. If it were me a couple years ago, I would probably say something like that and then complain about it and use it as an excuse, but now I just feel like it's something I can overcome.

I know that I like the company, and I definitely feel like I'm being pushed harder when I play with other people, but I don't know if I like footbag any better with more people. To me, footbag is just footbag. More people can enhance the experience, but I think that when I get really into it and I focus really hard that I can't tell the difference. However, playing with more people will undoubtedly keep me motivated.

The drummer for the Mars Volta was allegedly fired and now I am sad.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 22 Dec 2009 00:53

i saw Army of Darkness yesterday. i have to say, hands down, that has got to be one of the coolest goddamn movies of all fucking time. holy shit.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 22 Dec 2009 02:34

Great fokin movie

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 25 Dec 2009 22:55

Oh God. My mom has the flu and according to my dad is throwing up. I hope to God I don't get it. Not now, please, not now.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 26 Dec 2009 12:36

So far so healthy.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 26 Dec 2009 20:09

NYJ Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow
tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow
tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow
tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow.

I still need to find crash space for the night :o
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 28 Dec 2009 21:59

The next New Year's jam couldn't be any sooner :( haha. I miss it already.

I hate the fact that I fucked up my knee the first day. Now I'm all excited about footbag again and I want to get better and I can't because of my stupid knee. I hope it gets better soon before I loose the spark.

I want to take a new approach to training footbag. I've always kind of half-hearted my approach to drilling moves, but I really feel the need to step up my game. Maybe while I'm still afflicted by the pain in my knee I'll make some kind of schedule or something. Or buy Vasek's training book or something.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 29 Dec 2009 14:09

man, I'm working on the song 3 you sent me. It's going to be really cool.
James Randall

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 30 Dec 2009 02:41

looks like there's still hope for people like me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... tists.html
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge