A pickers life across Canada and the world

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 11 Nov 2006 22:21

where are you going to be in Australia?

look forward to catching up :D

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 12 Nov 2006 15:11

ok here I am, at the Vancouver airport, Ill be here for 27 hours, its a long time when youre all alone. Tomorrow Im leaving for Honolulu, 15hours wait there and Ill be in Sydney at 20h30 november 15th...

Man I cant wait to get there, theres already some people I know there, my best friend is picking cherries there, Ill go and meet him, and start working almost immediately after. Work this is gonna be really great. Life kicks ass...........

I changed some money today, and got the nicest dollars ever, australian money is nice, the 50$$ bills are yellow. The only thing is that the ugly face of the queen is on some of these bills, fuck the queen who likes her anyway.

So in 3 days ill be in Australia..........wow I cant wait

See you there guys

jippe the happiest picker ever

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 12 Nov 2006 21:10

skankin wrote:Man I cant wait to get there, theres already some people I know there, my best friend is picking cherries there, Ill go and meet him, and start working almost immediately after. Work this is gonna be really great. Life kicks ass...........
So where are you guys going to be working? If it's nearby I'd love to meet up

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 12 Nov 2006 23:16

Jippe,

i'm glad you're happy! you're such a positive and out going guy, i think that you will fit in well in australia. all the sunshine will be nice, since winter in canada is supposed to be really bad this year. enjoy your self out there my friend, just don't forget to come back and visit, eh?
A.G.

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 15 Nov 2006 05:31

hey everybody!!! or should I say hey Mates

so after 3 days of non-showering and airports and airplanes I finally got to Australia, and the best thing, I even got to sneak about half a gram of marijuana in Australia. So right now Im in Sydney, tomorrow also.
But after that Ill go to Young, a town a couple of hundred kms from Sydney, just west of sydney, I have to work asap because I only have 500$$ AUS.

I havent played footbag in a week, well I played 15 min at vancouver and practiced my stepping sets, I read a topic by jorden about help and form, and Lon smith said to keep you clippers as back as possible and that really helps with steppins every one of my sets cleared my legs right now, Ill work on that.

Cheers mates

Ill write when I have more time I have to call my friend even if its really late and all

Peace out everybody

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 15 Nov 2006 11:14

Hey JP, I'm really thinking about working in australia while my massive travel project. With some luck, we will meet again in in Australia!

Enjoy you're time man!
Mathieu Gauthier

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 15 Nov 2006 17:52

okay,

so Ive got more time to write about myself right now, Im not as tired and I didnt drink up to now.

So Australia.... right now Im drinkin bubble tea, I just bought a cell phone, that way Ill be able to communicate with people in Australia, If anyone wants to call me my phone number is.. I dont remembe and threw away the phone box, so Ill have to call vodafone to know my phone number and all..

So as I said yesterday, I got in Sydney yesterday night, the flight was nice, there was lightning in the clouds under us when we were getting to sydney it was really nice. But now Id really like to know my phone number so I can post it, that way Ill be able to find shred buddies

yesterday I met some nice people at the youth hostel, we played some hack, the guys were all impressed by my skills, anyways they were only able to kick it twice or three times so theyre easy to impress

so right now im here in sydney, Ill have to go tomorrow so that way Ill work soon, make lots of money and enjoy myself afterwards.

so now, Ill have to go to hte ANZ bank to have my bank card and everything, next Ill try to find some friends.

cheers mates

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 16 Nov 2006 05:42

okay guys to have a shred session calll me at 0420381041

also I had my first kangoroo today, it was pretty good

cheers guys!!

Canthraxsoldier
Multidex Master

Post by Canthraxsoldier » 20 Nov 2006 23:35

hey mate

while you're down in Young, you should come across to Canberra for a shred, it's probably about an hour.

My number is 0400477024 if you're interested. My email is boyle24 at hotmail dot com. I could probably come out to Young as well, if transport times fit in. I've just finished uni, so don't have a lot of work on.
Daniel Boyle
Footblog- http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=8613

LJ- http://www.livejournal.com/users/danbok/
myspace- http://myspace.com/danfromcanbra

President- UCU Footbag Club, Canberra
ACT Rep- Australian National Footbag Council

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 27 Nov 2006 19:23

hello hello

so im now with my best mate

I got here 1 week ago, I made 1000$$ in that week, so things go pretty well for me, Ive heard theres only 2 weeks left, and after Ill go to Tasmania. That will be really cool.

Give me your cell phone numbers if you want me to catch up with you.
Ill try my best to visit every one in OZ

chhers mates

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 03 Dec 2006 16:39

okay okay

so everybody wanted to get some news about the cherry picker that I am... not much to say up to now

ive been in Auz for 2 weeks now, 2 days after I got to Sydney, I traveled to Young to meet my best mate. So after 2 days in Young, I met his girlfriend, a nice brazilian chick, she was at Mcdonalds and I asked her if she was picking cherries, and if this guy, my friend, was on her orchard, she said yes, and that she knew him very well. I asked her if she was brazilian she said yes. I was so stoked..It brought tears to my eyes.

the next day I started working and did 200$$ on my 11h day of cherry picking. There is maybe 4-5 days of picking left, and the lapins arent that good.

I met some nice people on the orchard.. but some of the people I dont like, especially the other brazilian chicks, and thats because they didnt like me from the beginning. but theyre leaving today so I shouldnt care about that.

The town I live in is a small town, not so many people here, no nice girls, only pickers, every girl in town has a baby or is ugly.Thats the problem about small towns.

I kinda miss my family, I was very happy to see them before I left for Auz. I dreamt about my uncle who has AIDS I think he died a bit after I got here. But I dreamt that he had a couple of months to live. But that was a dream...

I should write my family my sister wrote me and Im in the process of writing her back.

so goodbye everybody and write me if you wanna mates

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Dec 2006 17:52

JP,

glad to hear your adventure is going well! Can't wait til you're back on our scene and we can catch up again! see ya!

matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Dec 2006 17:58

Look up Guido Tapia and Dyalan Govender in Sydney. They are super duper cool people. Dyalander's screen name on these forums is eponymous.

Sneaking weed into Australia was really really stupid. I'm pretty sure its easy to get pot in Australia if you really want it. If you had got caught, you'd be in deep shit. The cost of buying marijuana in Australia is way less than the risk of getting caught smuggling it in.

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 05 Dec 2006 16:16

Im super cool too. No idea how I ended up here reading this blog, but it certainly is fun. Keep up all the good work!
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 11 Dec 2006 20:27

so the cherry season is finished here in young, I did quite good even if on some days I knocked off early, I averaged 180$$ per day, which is quite good. I phoned a bloke in Orange, another picking town. He said to phone him on saturday. He has 2 weeks of good cherries, then Im off to Tazie, I cant wait for the Auzzie nationals. I have to start practicing just to get back in shape, my legs are sore from the dehydration and the hard work.I played a bit yesterday to show off, and got pixie dlo first try to show my friend, I was quite happy with that, but at night my legs were hurting.

I write more when I have time, only 3 minutes left right now

cheers mates

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 13 Dec 2006 20:13

well at least I have no time limit here....

so I moved from Young yesterday, came to Orange and now Im at the library to arrange my work in Tasmania, we have to fax a resume to the farm we wanna work at... Thats really lame, so I did my resume and Im waiting for my friend to come and check it out before I print it out. I just registered for the Auzzie Nationals, not on the footbag.org site because Ive got 30$$ I owe them for the 2004 worlds which I didnt attend, I registered, but didnt expect them to charge me if I didnt attend, fucking bastards.... Now I have to book a plane ticket to Hobart, Ill spend New Years with some friends if I can, hopefully Ill spend it with them, then spend a week rippin me legs muscles, and then who knows, Ive got 2 weeks before me, I just hope that the picking will start soon here, we have to wait until monday or so to start picking.

One great thing about picking fruits is that you meet really great people. Ive met some nice Auzzies, theres Wayne and Renee theyre a couple in their late 20s, who have been picking for 2 years travelling in Auz. Man do I like them, so nice people, not the Auzzie type to punch you for a joke that you told them. I made them a hemp necklace because tey really dug the ones my friend was wearing last year, I could see the happiness on their face, I tried to do something real nice for each of them. Its these friends that I wanna meet in Tazzie. I also met Tim and Dan 2 good mates, theyre 18 years old, these guys crack me up sometimes, just 2 life enjoying bastards, always ready for partying and havin a good time. I drove for the first time in Auz in Dans car, when we got to the Orchard he pulled the hand brake on me without telling me, but I managed it real good, it was real nice, bastard..

I met some other people, not as nice as the 4 I mentioned on top, and they dont need any write-up I didnt even cared leaving behind. Also at the farm I worked on there was heaps of Asians, some really nice and some really shy, I was frequenting a nice Japanese girl for a few weeks, her name was Yuki, maybe Ill see her around in Australia. In young we frequently when to the Pub, played pool and drank a few scooners, here, theres aint pool tables in every pub. The one we found is those mini-ass pool tables with round pockets so when it gets the side it comes back straight, real sketchy to play on, its so small that the ball changes every time you hit them. I dont like as much as the normal pool tables.

Right now Im traveling with me best friend and his girlfriend, a Brazilian chick with a strong character, she just met up with her bitch of a friend, damn her friend is a pain in the ASS. Dont like her, never will, always trying to get her to go her way. Fuckin bitch...

11 days and its Christmas, my mom gave me a Christmas card 1 month ago, and told me to wait till Christmas to open it. Ive respected that so far, and Ill respect it. But I cant wait to open it. Ill have to send my family a Christmas card as well. I kinda miss them. Ive got 5 nephews and nieces, they al like me and I like them all, It will be my first Holiday without my family, thatll make me sad. But I know that theyll think of me, and Ill do the same.

Bon cest le moment decrire en francais, faut dire que les pensees sortent toujours plus facilement comme ca. Jsuis ici a Orange, jai 1500$$ dans mon compte de banque, une job a lhorizon, il faut juste que les cerises soient pretes. Jmennuie de ma famille mais je fais avec, mes amis me manquent aussi mais mon meilleur pote est ici. Jai dla difficulte avec les Australiens, jsuis du genre a etre sarcastique et le sarcasme ne marche vraiment pas en Australie, ce sont des gens batailleurs, toujours prets a frapper avant de parler, disons que jessaie de mhabituer, il faut fdaire attention a ce quon dit ici. Sinon ca peut virer mal. Dans 2 semaines jvais en Tasmanie, a ce qui parait cest magnifique la-bas, jai bien hate, 1 semaine de footbag intense, jai vraiment hate. On dirait que jme repete la. Ca derange pas, cest pas comme si tout le monde lisait ce que jecrivais.

Ive read about the 2007 Worlds, Ill be there, 1 season on cherry picking in Canada then off to the US of America for 1 week of crazy footbag shit. Ill rip those nice legs of mine :wink: The timing will be perfect, a full season then footbag then maybe europe who knows.........

yeehaa

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 08 Jan 2007 15:46

ho hey ho

so here I am in Hobart at Jeremy's place, been here for the past week.
I celebrated new years in Hobart, it started in a Caravan Park where I drank and drank, then moved to one of Jeremy's friends place real nice blokes. It was fun, thats where I got to kiss my first Australian girl yeah..

Just before new years, me and my friend David we came to Hobart to the Salamanca market, which is a big market happening every saturday here in Hobart with heaps of nice girls and nice stands. So we got there, ate a hot dog then I saw Lotus of elemental footbags, I know who he was because I already seen hiw website. I bought a bag off him and we started to kick, not intensively but just playing the good old hack game. Got to show him my heelclicking stalls which he liked and some other old school tricks Ive got.

So I got back to Hobart on the competition day, got to meet all the players, there was Dan Ednie, Daniel ...,Scott, Jeremy, Lotus, Ian, Alex the little asian bastard, you know i like you alex.,Janis and me, but I already knew myself.

It was hard for me to play well because I had lost one of my shoes just a few days before the tournie, so my clipper and toes are a bit suckier than before, now I modded the toe so its a bit better but my right foot cliper isnt as good as before, but with practice itll get better.

First day of competition, I decided to only go and try sick 3, without much practice. I got 2 links out of 7, the first one was dimwalk>ps mirage>butterfly I was glad to have this one, I dont remember the other one though. Everybody was doing good, Dan Ednie really played well on that day, his routine was awesome with funnny music.

On the second day of competition I decided to compete in routines, big mistake, its so hard to play unprepared, I chose a good song and the first 30 seconds were okay, but then I didnt know what to do, I was tired and started dropping,drop,drop,drop,drop fuckin shit... the worst part was later to com, in sick 3 I didnt even manage to hit one fucking link, real bad. But I didnt come here to win anything, only for the fun of it.

after 2 days of competing we stopped playing for 2 days, on the 3rd day we played a cricket match with non footbaggers, it was footbaggers against non footbaggers. It was my first cricket match ever, I got the hang of it kinda of quickly. I even got to do my first run out, it was pretty amazing, direct wicket hit, I was proud of that. Cricket is fun, it really is a gentlemen's sport every time you do something good, everybody encourages you, really liked it. I played in the field for both teams because the non-footbaggers were lacking players. At the end of the day it was my turn to go batting, only got 3 runs, it sucked. We lost, some players were bitter about that, but I didnt care, I enjoyed my day which was the most important thing for me.

Ill write about the other things another day, I'm tired of typing.........

cheers mates

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 08 Jan 2007 16:47

it was great to meet you and hang out in Hobart, good times :D

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 08 Jan 2007 22:53

it was nice to meet you as well janis, Ill see you in Melbourne soon, well I dont know when, but atleast for the sydney jam..

okay, here's the rest of my write up for the tourny.................so after 2 days of footbag competition, one day of cricket, we went on a guided of the Stux Valley, the only thing I had to worry about was bringing my water, some weed and meself. The bus picked us up a 8h in the morning, we stopped to get something for Lotus who is vegetarian and I thought I could get some beer, but the bottle shop was closed so I had to do without it......fuckin shit..........

so we got there, got to see some massive cuts, i mean like blank cuts, they cut down trees and replant some for logging...
we went to a nice waterfall, not a big one, but it was pretty deep in the woods, we had to follow some flags that showed the way to go.. I was smoking weed every once in a while, without anybody noticing.. we saw some massive trees as well........I really enjoyed it, its hard to describe really well in my second language as well..

after that thing, we played footbag for 2 days, went to the true lives show, everybody left, Ian got footage of my heelclicking magellan, I hope he posts it on the blog or somewhere

and now its me and meself in jeremys place until I leave tomorrow

will post when I have more time

cheers folks

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 09 Jan 2007 07:57

It's nice to hear you're doing well.

I look forward to seeing you again, I like you alot. :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!