Joshua Lackey - Solo Shredder?

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 20 Jul 2011 08:59

Thanks for the post, Jay. You guys are the great hope that I was referring to. Do you have a set schedule, and how do you organize it?

I would certainly be willing to come out there once in a while.

But, for the most part, playing solo is feeling good. Satisfying.

Talk to you soon.
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 20 Jul 2011 15:42

I played behind my building today. The was an extreme heat alert, whatever that means. So I sweat a little more than usual. Big deal...

Swirl + Twist bsos
Pdx DLO + Pdx Drifter bsos
Drifter > Ripwalk each side 3 times in a row without drop.

To enhance my consistency and long runs, I have been setting myself goals going into sessions. Since I was averaging way under 20 contacts, I started with a goal of a 20+ run, and have been moving it up like this:

20 in one run
40 in two runs
50 in two runs
60 in three runs
60 in two runs
70 in three runs

For what it's worth, I would say that during these runs I am using... less than half bops, and never more than 2 at a time. I'd love to beef up my genuine, but that will come with time.
Joshua Lackey

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 23 Jul 2011 18:15

Quick 45 minute session today. I knew I didn't have much time, so I went hard and didn't let up. It was well-rewarded.

I decided to give some attention to Symple Swirl and Twist. I had hit Butterfly Twist (Down Twist - is that would you'd call it now?) on one side only, and had never even tried Butterfly Swirls (Down Swirls?). I was pleasantly surprised when the only one that gave me any trouble at all was the flip Butterfly Twist. Something really clicked with Swirls - non-symp too. As something that has always given me trouble, it's nice to see some progress.

Other than that I just continued to work Stepping out of various concepts, and also feel that Stepping is coming along nicely...

Next up - Flip Shut, Double Down, and DATW.
Joshua Lackey

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 23 Jul 2011 23:31

It would be down twist, in a perfect world. However, so few people actually embraced the descriptive system, even Anssi and I agreed to just stop using it together...Only after lamenting how much work we put into it, and how much more sense it makes...

:p

Glad the swirls clicked for you. Props.Can't wait to shred when I get back.
Jay Boychuk

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 29 Aug 2011 09:07

Hey Josh! Great to hear you're kicking this summer! You missed a fun weekend in London at Johnnys but we are thinking about having another mini kickass type jam in Kingston in September. Hopefully we will play there or sometime soon! Keep it up man!