Bear Feet: Cornell Footbag Club

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Luis
Shredalicious

Post by Luis » 19 Sep 2007 11:02

i played yesterday with ken,

im really busy with like school work and this week i have just been putting off things till the last minute so it really hasnt been helping

but my left leg, was feeling kind of weird, especially on the calf which felt really tight, it kind of made me feel like the session was'nt that good for me

in the end i played well just with no major highlights though, some good runs

Luis
Shredalicious

Post by Luis » 24 Sep 2007 20:36

i played today with ken, i was actually really busy and did'nt really have time to play, but it was a really nice day and we did'nt it to go to waste since there probably wont be many left before it starts to get cold

we ended up playing for like 2.5 or 3 hours, it was a long time, but fun

i hit one good blur
and footed some on both sides

then i had one good string with dyno bsos it was unexpected and cool

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 24 Sep 2007 20:56

You also hit a ducking butterfly sealed with infinity, and a real good flip ducking clipper, which is likely a new trick for you. Props on playing out of your hard tricks with 3 adds.

And thanks for always bringing music to the shreds. It really helps.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 25 Sep 2007 08:49

Damn Luis, your game is really coming along!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Sep 2007 09:04

What's "zoup?"

Luis
Shredalicious

Post by Luis » 29 Sep 2007 08:09

yesterday, friday, we had our regular club meeting. the weather was crazy, it was raining on and off all day and overcast and sunny too. i was sure if people were going to come out because of the weather but we ended up having a good turnout. First, it was just me and two other guys, but we ended up having like 10 people show up. They are all really excited to be playing and have been asking me for footbags so they can play on there own.

i did'nt freestyle very much because mostly the people who show up like to play foursquare. there are a couple people who seem interested in trying freestyle but are too busy to make time for it.

i hit a couple good blurs on one side throughout the meeting, and i was kinda of messing around with smear and footed it twice...

then i hit smear for the first time,,,

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 30 Sep 2007 14:52

You guys should put that on a shirt for the tourny. It's pretty funny.
Drew Martin

Luis
Shredalicious

Post by Luis » 11 Mar 2008 19:51

i haven't posted for awhile, but ive still been trying to play twice a week,
just some updates for myself,

im taking a juggling class tues/thurs nights, so i try to go an hour early and play footbag, sometimes i play after the juggling class also, juggling wise at the begining of the semester i could only do 3 ball cascade and now ive learned several different 3 ball patterns and have been working on 4 balls, i was never really interested in juggling but figured i'd give it a try since so many footbaggers seem to like it, its been growing on me

i started solo shredding this semester which i was pretty hesitant to start doing at first but its been pretty enjoyable but definatley different then kicking with other people,

lately i've been working on fixing:
  • left foot in-out around the world, i do this with a really odd motion and am trying to correct it before i work on pixie so i can do it both sides
    stepping
    gyro clipper
    ducking clippers
    drifter and torque (not as much)
recent achievements:
2wks ago i hit for the first time
  • flip ducking osis
    ripwalk b2b
    ducking clipper b2b
    flip blur
tonight, what motivated me to post was that i hit a couple (3) torques throughout my session, they were'nt the best nicest looking but an accomplishment nonetheless,im not sure but i think they were all from right toe-miraging with my left leg-ending on right clipper