MatS footblog!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 09 Sep 2007 15:03

Enough about worlds, sorry for all those I forgot but anyway I don't remember much details and don't feel like updating. Saying hi to all those I've met there.

So... What's up about me and footbaag? Why do I update my blog so rarely now? First, I'm not playing as much as I'd like to lately, no time to play... And when I do have time, I want to hang out and stuff. So I'm playing once or twice a week since worlds. I'm really gonna try to play more thought. And to why I don't update my blog, the answer is pretty easy, I just don't feel like updating too often.

I been playing more on my clipper lately, worlds made me realise how much I suck at clipper stuff. My clipper control is poor. And my toe control is pretty good I think. I want to be able to hit stuff like blurry whirl b2b in runs of whirl/drifter/osis and stuff you know? I don't have a specificate time to hit that, actually I haven't even hit blurry whirl. I'd like to be able by next summer but is it going to be before or after that I have no idea. I'm sure I could do it before that if I would play as much as I played last year but with school and all I'm not sure how much time I'm going to dedicate to footbag. I love to play, but I love to see my friends and play other sports too so it's hard to split my time well now that I'm back to college.

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 28 Sep 2007 18:14

Been playing a little more lately and it is really starting to shows in my game, I'm really happy of the last 3-4 sessions. Getting bops more and more consistant, infinity is definitely an easy bail now, pdx mirage is one too, osis is still getting better, got infinity > infinity > osis > rpt * 2 and a half. Some improvement in ducking and whirl but still not there. Stepping is finally getting good, flip too, got some duckable sets on strong, haven't been able to really duck it but the height is there, got it at chest on flip. I can step out of dimwalk, legbeater and such trick pretty easily now. Everything else has been improving too, pixie, fairy, atomic, quantum, dlos. Yeah. Oh and got some controlled drifter too. Dyno bsos ( with a toe stall after both so not really). Gotten a few drills I'm happy of, fear > fairy legover > rpt, dimwalk > stepping far legover > plo > rpt.

I wonder if that has anything to do with me starting to do some musculation again, looks like I have more reflex and it helps. I'm learning faster too.

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 08 Jan 2008 16:32

HEYYYYYYYYYY guys what's up?

haven't been playing much those lasts months but I'm starting to get a little more in it again.

I filmed a little today so if you wanna see some stuff watch this, nothing impressive.

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/MatS

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 08 Jan 2008 16:39

Oh yeah, forgot : I filmed only about 5-6 mins of shred so it represents my level and comments are very welcome.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 08 Jan 2008 16:43

Nice atomics!
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 25 Jun 2008 10:35

Thought Id post a few highlights, I started playing a lot more since MSJ, had 2 very good session today and yesterday.
Here s a few highlights from today :

drifter > drifter starting from both sides
ripwalk * 5
pixie ss clipper > stepping ss clipper > ss illusion > rpt ( challenge from jay )
gyro mirage bsos few times ( still hard on my flip )
gyro clipper > gyro mirage
pdx whirl bsos
7 tap in a row on my strong first try, 5 after few tries on flip
toe whirl > pdx mirage > rpt * 3
many good guiltless strings
44 pick-ups
10 osis and osis > far osis > rpt starting from every contacts

Eskimo Joe
Cold Blooded

Post by Eskimo Joe » 25 Jun 2008 10:46

Mathieu!

It's good to read about you.

Congratulations on MSJ!

It was too bag that I missed you while I was down in April, but I will be comming down some time this summer and we shoudl deffinately kick together then.

Take care and props on all the nice stuff.

Andrew
Eskimo Joe

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 26 Jun 2008 19:26

Thanks for the word Andrew, yep it's sad we haven't been able to shred when you we're down here!

Few stuff from today :

blurriest ( probably the best I ever hit )
blurry whirl first try
assassin bsos
4 ripwalk first try
flip stepping is improving a lot
pixie whirl footed the bsos, got it both sides in 2 back to back strings
pdx whirl bsos again
ducking clipper butterfly and mirage bsos in the same string

I'm so happy I started shredding again, I'm really getting in the mood to shred more often right now!

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 12 Jul 2008 12:49

Shredded today. Best session in a while, stringing was very very easy and I hit very good strings. Improved flip spinning and strong spinning. Worked on basics and bops. I'm very happy of the day I probably played for 4 hours and it was so frikken hot. Drank about 2L of water damn.

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 02 Aug 2008 15:31

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 22 Aug 2011 15:54

Got my new mc bag today!

Kicked a little but didn't had much time so I'll have to kick again, feels good so far!

Nice to be kicking again

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Aug 2011 17:52

Request: an all Mathieu video from montreal. You, Gauthier, and Gerard Montpetit.

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 23 Aug 2011 10:20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:52 pm Post subject:
Request: an all Mathieu video from montreal. You, Gauthier, and Gerard Montpetit.
I second that request. :P Let's make it happen!

Mat

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 24 Aug 2011 18:46

Gotta do it loll

M&M&M video! hahaha

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 08 Sep 2011 18:25

Best session since I'm back

Hit a few nice strings
Frontside Atomsmasher
2 very controlled Blurry whirl in a bsos on my only attempt at these tricks today
Very nice atomic ducking clipper
both side Blurry DLO
Flail
pdx flail
clipper set ss barrage bsos
toe barrage from both sides
pixie barrage (one side)

Think that is it