Janis's blog - (un)retired from footbag

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 11 Apr 2007 07:49

Wow 8) Some pretty wild highlights in there Janis. Frobs on Frankenstein, that trick is DOPE :!: Backside Blizzard :?: That's redonkulous :!: :P Awesome stuff. Sweet fiveage 8)

All those clipper moves are you in hitting them in shoes or barefoot?

<3 double pickups, wish I could hit them.

Also, do you hit bubbabeaters? That is my newest trick and my new favorite trick to hit :) Fun fun fun.

Well, keep it up. Cheers,

Ben

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 14 Apr 2007 07:05

thx for props
Iron Clad Ben wrote:All those clipper moves are you in hitting them in shoes or barefoot?
Mostly in shoes, I prefer to do rakes instead of clippers when I'm playing barefoot. I do bubbabeaters sometimes, but generally speaking I'm doing far less eggbeaters these days.
that reminds me, I should really try to get pdx egg and pinchbeater bsos sometime.

had a really good circle kick with a friend a few days ago, we got a few flapper kick hacks, dragonfly hacks, kick set ducking moves and a flying mirage hack 8) unfortunatley in the process of getting the flying mirage hack I hurt my knee, going to take a few days off and see how it goes.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 15 Apr 2007 01:13

Had a really short and highly onesided session just then. Hit symp eggbeater and toe ss symp eggbeater, also did some double illusions. Tried a few symp pinchbeaters, but I'm not that good at symp egg. Just been thinking about my form, I think I need to get more precise with my game because I have slow dexes. Seriously considering worlds, but I don't know if I can get the money together in time.

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 16 Apr 2007 14:16

Work your ass off! ^_^ Try carrying some groceries home for some old ladies around town. Every little bit helps!

Glad you're doing well. ^_^
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 17 Apr 2007 02:18

short session today, did some pixies and atomics. Not much happened. Tried to drill consec illusions, totally sucked. Not much time for footbag at the moment, just too much study and work.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 18 Apr 2007 02:27

circle kicked a bit today, great fun, got an inside stall triple hack and some other epic stuff. Shredded a bit, hit flurry from right clipper first attempt of the session. Also had a run with 4 flurries 8) my pixies have been a bit off for a few days, not too sure why. Practiced double downs, did some paradons and double downs, hit a barfly(not a trick I do).

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 18 Apr 2007 11:12

Props on the Barfly and the Flurries man! :P
Alan Underhill

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 20 Apr 2007 05:53

cheers,

Finished my mid semester tests today :D
Afterwards had a circel kick, a friend hit dragonfly shin kick, I thought it was a fluke then he hit it twice. Some good flapper kick action from Leon, he was hitting 2 consecutives frequently and getting some flying mirages.

I had an epic solo session later on, Hit 141 pixies first try of the session, dropped only because of tiredness, I need to work on fitness. Hit symposium eggbeater twice (out of 3 attempts), one of which was perfect. I've tried hard to improve my double downs, especially on filpside. Hit dod swirl, only took a few tries this time around. Also hit right datw out> dod and double pickup > dod. I'm really liking double dex at the moment, been drilling my flip datw and flip paradon heaps.
Left clipper set spinning osis first try of the session, wtf?.
Right dimwalk>torque
Did some left clipper set flurries(filpside) then hit clipper set flurry bsos (toe bails in the run though).

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 Apr 2007 01:58

there was a large gas leak at uni today, 3 buildings were evacuated and classes were canceled for a few hours. This resulted in much circle kicking with a random hack circle. It was really good fun having a kick, didn't have my lavers so I ended up playing barefoot for a bit. Eventually the other people in the circle had to move on to other things, but I was even more pumped up for footbag. So the cuddlebag that I keep in my bag for these random footbag sessions came especially in handy.

It ended up being a good shred, I was consistently hitting 5-10 datws on strongside so I decided to try some tatws. Footed a few, but I'm obviously not thinking about the move correctly. I can trick myself into hitting triple pixie by thinking of a datw that bails into a mirage, using this "trick" I managed to hit triple pixie first attempt. So what is the "trick" to hitting tatw? is there a "trick" to it? So I worked on dlo's a bit and then thought I try a toe flurry, managed to hit it first try, so I tried a few pixie flurries, the closest I got was missing the bag by a few centimeters, definitely going to drill toe flurry more. Also randomly hit enterrage both sides, bsos was too difficult today. The big highlight was a 20+ contact toe guiltless run, for some reason I just wasn't dropping, it started with datw in > plo > datw in > plo then had dlo, smear and smudge bsos.

Sitarski
Shredaholic

Post by Sitarski » 23 Apr 2007 05:10

props on flurry and so many triple dex moves!
would pixie flurry be your first 4 dex?
Adam Sitarski....
Footblog:

dragons....

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 Apr 2007 05:24

Sitarski wrote:props on flurry and so many triple dex moves!
would pixie flurry be your first 4 dex?
cheers,
Yes, if I had it pixie flurry would be my first 4dex , though sailing ss dlo will probably be first.

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 23 Apr 2007 12:06

Props man! Keep kicking your ass with that Triple ATW man. ; ) You'll get it soon enough. :P
Alan Underhill

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 24 Apr 2007 00:02

Lots of circle kicking today, 3 different circles in the one day. Had some epic hacks, also had a nice flapper kick hack and some dragonfly action. Heaps of fun, one guy asked me to show him some moves, I was a bit surprised that he was interested, so a bit later on I showed him how to do a toe stall and a jester. Met some new people and had a great time today. The last circle was by far the best circle I've played in for a while, one guy did a spinning pincher 8O and the atmosphere was great. At one point someone was asking what the most impressive trick people could do was, so I ended up saying triple pixie. Naturally nobody knew wtf I was talking about, so the guy asked me to do it. I hit it on the second attempt, using a light and huge crochet hack 8)

Also managed to get a bit of shred in too. Some good runs, lots of double dex. Did a few enterrages and toe flurries, pixie eggbeater and pixie dlo were totally on today. Considering that my dlo was not crap today I thought I'd try some stuff that I was talking about for a while. After a few attempts I managed to hit:
sailing ss dlo 8) my first 4 dex move :D

Sitarski
Shredaholic

Post by Sitarski » 24 Apr 2007 05:51

props on the quady
Adam Sitarski....
Footblog:

dragons....

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 25 Apr 2007 13:27

Shit man! Major Props! :P
Alan Underhill

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 26 Apr 2007 00:50

thx for the props.

Had a kick with Daniel Boyle at uni today. Did some swirls, did some whirls. Had a run with clipper set flurry and toe flurry. Also hit symp whirl bs for the first time and missed the handcatch on a ps whirl. Had a run with symp egg and symp dlo,

Had a kick with a friend at my house later on, managed 15x atw in-out kick on left and 9x atw out in kick on right.

Also I am now convinced that pixie symposium rev whirling rake is the easiest 6 adder out there :P

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 01 May 2007 06:18

Finally feeling comfortable with my kicking game again, like I guess it was just rusty but now it's going ok. Also phasing set combined with too many consec datw's has totally killed my left calf, going to take a few days off.

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 01 May 2007 11:33

Bad luck with the calf man. Hope you feel better soon!
Alan Underhill

macca
Hack Fiend

Post by macca » 01 May 2007 14:20

Yeah I hope that calf heals up. Keep it up man you were looking great on Sunday.
Andrew McIntosh

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." Charles Barkley

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 03 May 2007 20:38

Calf is feeling a bit better now, I'm going to take the weekend off footbag though. Going to try to be a bit more careful when I recover and try to avoid getting injured like that again.

I used to get new balance 520's for playing tennis/casual shoes, and they were quite a good kicking shoe. A while back there were extremely cheap nb 620's on sale, so I got some for playing tennis, but unfortunatley they are totally crap shoes for hack, (they don't have flat inside surfaces, but far bigger problem is that the toe surface sucks). So I had a bit of a kick today, wasn't very good until I abandoned the shoes and started playing barefoot. Suddenly my frustration level dropped and my number of drops dropped. Managed dso>dso and hit double illusion 2nd try, in jeans 8)

I pulled up a bit sore after 25mins of circle kicking, so I think I need more time off.