Atom's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 07 Jun 2008 20:29

Hmm couple things to catch up with...shredded with the Suderman Bros. last week which was casual and fun, DING DING!!! (LMAO snort snort)

Anyway then had a shred with Johnny Friday in his house, fucking high of 30 feels like 40...had a great session was footing flip spinning clipper but too off balance to seal it. Hit nothing new and nothing big but things are getting stronger, I see a huge string of 2's comming.

Tonight the "Brantford Crew" circle kicked in a elementary school yard with a FLAMING Footbag (a.k.a. Fire-Hack) Anthony kept kicking at and against his face, Johnny had a fireball on his leg as kerosene sprayed out after a swift kick, and I set my lavers on fire after toe stalling the burning bag. As a result I melted my laces, some places melted together and others just melted through and came apart. Pictures to follow. :twisted:

And tomorrow we shred in Hamilton.
Adam Czarnata
-Parkin cars on footbags since '04

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 08 Jun 2008 04:56

:twisted:
Adam Czarnata

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 08 Jun 2008 16:31

Shred in Hamilton was awsome. hit spinning clipper on flip side, and pdx symp mirage on both sides. You Don't Mess With The Zohan was a good movie. We're not allowed to play hack in the mall but a cop is allowed to ride is moutain bike through it???? met some cool people, a fellow shredder Jay and a random hacky sacker named Sean who was hitting toe stalls and ATW's without our influence.
Adam Czarnata

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 08 Jun 2008 17:47

Those pictures are amazing. insane...but amazing.

good luck in the world of footbag.
Ben Rea

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 09 Jun 2008 03:03

Hey Atom, Adam,

It was cool meeting you yesterday and placing the modified screen name to a face. Sometime within the next month and a half I will force my schedule to take me to Brantford, and I'll give everyone some notice so we can play some footbag.

You also forgot to mention that you got 4 symp mirages in a row :)

-Jay
Jay Boychuk

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 19 Jul 2008 15:19

Had a session with Johnny and Jay. First at Johnny's house and then at the skatepark (aka the amp). Hit some new stuff and some different things. hit drifter on one side and just missed it on the other. and hit mirage>pixie rpt and illusion>pixie. we spent time just challenging each other, i got challenged to hit ripwalk>clipper and mirage>dimwalk. I hit them on one side but not the other. heavy rain kept us shifting our spot. it was a great time, kinda like the old days when we had our footbag club.
Adam Czarnata

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 27 Aug 2008 13:20

I've had several sessions since the previous post. i know I've hit new stuff, I'm not sure what it all is. But I've been feeling lost as far as footbag goes, lacking direction to improve I guess.

Johnny and I agree that I've developed much since I started playing again. Though I lack the endurance or stamina I had when I began, that allowed me to shred endlessly...

I recognize my weakness. I have the skills to hit more moves with better accuracy, but I lack the strength in the little muscles that would keep me going after hitting a trick once or twice. Which is an obvious result of trying to have proper circle sessions without drilling and practicing inbetween them.

I heard someone say that you hit what you know you can when in a circle and save all the experimenting and practicing of new things (prolonged efforts I assume) for the solo sessions.

Today I brought up Hackrifice and drilled all the 2's until I hit five of each on both sides. Illusions and fairies/pixies (downtime) were the worst.

I don't plan to ever compete in freestlye, I just want to be able to hit tiltess runs (and then some) for prolonged periods. For fun, exercise, and to help expose footbag to new people in a competent manor.

Johnny gives me encouragement and inspiration. I'd like to pay that forward.
Adam Czarnata

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 27 Aug 2008 14:31

...the last post was when I was taking a breather from shredding....hehehe

I kept going after and so far have hit BOP twice Both Sides, and Tap(atomic ss mirage I believe) once on each side!!!!!!!! :twisted:

I'm not done yet either. this solo session is going into the 3rd hour and still going....it feels good!

...finished 3 1/2 hours with DATW on one side and ducking clipper BS a bunch of times. Footed Blurry clipper BS. I'm happy with all that for one session.
Adam Czarnata

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 27 Aug 2008 15:28

Tap? Good stuff!
Johnny Suderman

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 01 Sep 2008 19:40

Two sessions with Johnny, this weekend. The first one he witnessed some stuff that was new to me, like Tap BS, ducking Mirage BS, and a long tiltless run(12-15 contacts).

The second was good too. I hit some neat stuff that was just variations of things I can already hit, Symposium mirage from clipper, and Sidewalk. I Hit Tap BS again. What was really sweet was I finished the session with severe aching in my abs!! So I know I'm progressing past the same stuff I've been doing for the last 6 years!! :D
Adam Czarnata

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 21 Oct 2008 13:08

There's plenty that I haven't posted...Had a shred with Johnny, Jorden, Jay, and Zach. I quit early b/c I was playing like shit, lack of practicing left me struggling for more than 2 contacts before dropping. With the cold weather discouraging me from playing disc golf, I'm planning to focus the hour I would play disc golf into solo shred time.

Today I did and worked on ATW's I aimed to hit 50 total, both sides both ways. Then I worked at hitting 10 consecutively. I finshed by attempting:

legover>legover>ATW>illusion>SS illusion rpt
AND
pickup>pickup>ATW>mirage>SS mirage
Adam Czarnata

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 24 Oct 2008 07:59

From the shred last week.

Had a nice long shred with Johnny two nights ago. I didn't hit anything new, but I was playing better than 2 contact runs.
Adam Czarnata

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 24 Oct 2008 17:55

daaaamn, nice session!!!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 10 Feb 2009 05:23

No shred in a long time :oops: I think I need something inspirational to get me amped about footbag again....maybe I need new shorts, shoes, and a footbag. Johnny's Q3's feel like they would give me super shredding powers, I just haven't brought myself to buying a pair.(I'd steal his but they're too big :( )

...and now that I found time to revisit modified, I'll kick myself in the butt and go try to have a solo sesh. :)
Adam Czarnata

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 04 Mar 2009 12:02

I did have a sesh after the last post...back to basics. Which is the case after every stretch without playing.

I had a sesh with Johnny yesterday at the local Y. Again more basics, but after some adjustments to my lavers I was feeling more comfortable and was hitting some strings of 2's.
Adam Czarnata