John Bagi's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
footbagi
BSOS Beast

John Bagi's Footblog

Post by footbagi » 10 Mar 2007 10:04

I can't believe I'm starting my own blog. I used have a bad connotation to blogs and to having so much of your life on the web-net. Although, I just read something mind-boggling; in Moshers blog Asmus wrote:

"Hey Tom..

I love how you startet posting longer and better posts in your blog again.
Its not like back to the old class but its getting there.. "

And then, my always questioning brain said "I guess Tom used to post really long posts so lets go find out." And then I saw the longest post EVER. Like a documentarypost or a novelpost. And I was inspired. Tom, seeing that you were consumed by footbag so long ago and still equally involved gives me assurance that foot bag can take me somewhere. With that in mind, I know it'll be "super D duper" important and benificial for me to record my journey of footbag. This blog will set a foundation for my future involvment with footbag, allow me to meet new people, keep track of personal bests, and my progress with learning new tricks a concepts. In conclusion blogs are GREAT!

That was the best combo of words ever put together by John Bagi. If this was a video game i just won EVERYTHING with that last paragragh. I wish my English teachers could see me now. 8)

So, for those of you who don't know:
I'm 19, turning 20 in Nov. I currently live in Kingston Ontario Canada. I've lived in like 7 cities throughout Ontario and to make things more interesting, like 11 different houses. I enjoy any sport or activity that you can think of, even if you just thought of it, right now! I recently became interested in this footbag thing. I saw this guy doing ninja moves in the hallway at my school. His name is Jack Wei. And he was doing ninja moves around and hacky sack thing. From that moment my mind was absorbed. I've now been training for just over 4 months. I shred with some of Ontario's best: Tom Mosher, Derick Ogden, Greg Raymond, Jake Mcsumthin, Jack Wei, Peng Peng, and Jarod Mckay.

I've hit lots of cool tricks but here's what I like the most:
DATW>toe rptx4
double switchover x4 in one string
atomsmasher rpt
pixie dyno
pixie ss whirl
symp whirl
barage>paradon
butterfly>spinning butterfly
spinning rpt x5
pheonix
magellan>smear>PLO rpt
almost pixie double switchover

But when I practice tricks that are mega too difficult for my "ranking" (like all of the above) Tom and Derick whip me, with a whip..... awwww poohh assss shittttt, I just scratched off a mole on my back, ouuuuwwwwieeeeeee!!!..........ok back, so basically I need to only practice guiltess strings and be able to get like 20 consistently before I move on. So I'll see you when I hit 20 guiltless consistently.

Thanx a lot for reading, if youv'e made it this far!!
Last edited by footbagi on 27 Feb 2009 07:52, edited 26 times in total.
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 10 Mar 2007 11:05

Hey whats up,
Nice combos!
I love those DATW.My flip still sucks.
Seems like your getting really good
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 10 Mar 2007 11:08

4 months?! holy shit!
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 10 Mar 2007 12:00

Hot damn dude! Only 4 months and you are hitting some crazy shit. 8O
Keep this progression speed up and you will be an incredible player! :P
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 10 Mar 2007 16:40

You guys don't even know. I've seen this guy play. He's hardcore.

I agree too, blogs are a key aspect to a good footbag regimen. I've noticed that some like to post their highlights in blogs, and others prefer to use the more public avenues of the Shred Syposium threads. I prefer the blog too.

Anyway, John, you've got skillz. I really look forward to seeing you progress here. Keep those sweet tricks coming, and don't forget to work on string length overall too!

Talk to you soon!
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 11 Mar 2007 10:43

This is my homeboy John Bagi!!!

He has quickly become the guy I hang out with the most.

John is phenomenally talented and intelligent and he will go VERY far in life.

We get along great because we are both 'get er done' kinda guys and so we both feel the drive to do stuff and learn stuff.

I am very happy and lucky to have John as my friend.

Thanks for hanging out with me so much John, I needed you.

:)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 02 May 2007 20:30

Whoa, two months gone, just like that. I'm really starting to like the whole idea behind the whole blog thingy. I get to look retrospectively at my life, which in turn could help me in the future. I'm listening to a song called "shape of my heart" by Sting and The Police, just leaned how to play it on the guitar, great song. Any ways on to more important things; the plot that is my life. It's very late at night right now and my flight departs from Toronto's Pearson Airport at 11:20 am from terminal 3. My bus from Kingston to Toronto leaves in about 5 hours and I still have to watch the new James Bond movie with my wonderful girlfriend Stefan (steh-fan). She's my best buddy in the whole wide world and I just had to give her props now because I forgot about her in my first entry. Your probably wondering where my plane is taking me. I'm headed to Prince George, British Columbia. My purpose there: a two month journey, planting trees and bettering myself as an all around person. Here's the deal, not too much energy will be left for footbag, nor is there anywhere to play up there in the forest county. I will make haste and lay a slab of concrete just for me to shred. This will be a life altering experience. Wish me luck.

Here's just what I can remember hitting from the last day or two:
legbeater
eggbeater
tap
tap down
double leg over>DATW
duck clip>spin clip>whirl
osis>spin rpt
duck butterfly rpt
barfly
huge runs with: majelin>smear>PLO>DATW>smudge>rip walk>stepping ss clip>whirl>drifter............
drifter>drifter
paradox dirfter bsos
toe whirl>whirl>symp whirl
whirl>drifer rpt
DATW>double switchover rpt
blur
probably other stuff i can't remember cuz im in a hurry!!

Lost my shred shoes, BUMMER so I experimented again with a pair of clima-ish adidas, enjoy

And my two newest creations:

Before I go i would like to say thanks to Tom Mosher, Peng Peng Du, and Derick Ogden. You guys have been awsome, I'm not going to pull out any fancy words or explanations as to why you guys are awsome because you already know. I can now do good footbag tricks and stitch professional quality footbags because of your influence. I'm tired, still have to watch Bond, then an hour of sleep and a whole day of travel begins! See ya'll in a couple of months!!

John Bagi

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 02 May 2007 20:59

I needed you to come into my life. I hope I took advantage of the situation as best I could, I am lucky to have such a swell guy as my friend.

See you soon bohn jagi. :)

Fare well!
Tom Mosher

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 27 May 2007 20:01

Whoa, it's been a while but here I am. At "speers camp" in Vanderhoof BC. Tree planting is crazy. 100's of thousands of trees go into the ground every day here. My PB is 1800, and tomorrow me and my friend Ben are going to put in 2700. Everyone here in camp and on my crew are super cool and making this a wicket awsome experience. I miss Stefan so much and won't be home for another two months, geeesh.

I've only practiced footbag twice in the last 25 days. I can still hit everything and my legs are extemely stong from planting. My knee is suffering some major pain and refraning me from planting more trees per day. I footed ripped warrior, then tried phoenix>ripped warrior and footed the second trick. Ok I'm so tired I can't even think straight. Go to bed at 9 and get up at 6 that's the life.

World's is comin up. Apparently I'm driving up with Tom, Peng, Johnny Sutterman and getting are own place with a private pool. WOW, can't wait, this is going to be a great way to cap off my summer after tree planting.

Tom I'll call you soon buddy, Peng and Derick I miss you guys! DERICK PLAY FOOTBAG WITH STEFAN. She hit ATW>opp toe stall rpt.

I'll write again soon when I'm not tired.
Peace

John Bagi

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 26 Jun 2007 22:42

It's been a while. I think time has come for another post. A. S. , a tree plantin hippie buddy of mine, is serenading me with his guitar presence and pleasant complimentary vocals. He's upset that I titled him as a hippie.

Hey, but wait, aren't all tree planters hippie, tree-hugging, no good, patchouly smelling bums. Nope. Most of us (not me) are university graduates looking to work our tails off and make some quick cash.
This experience has made me stronger. 14 hour work days have made me stronger physically. Carrying around 300+, sometimes 400 trees in my planting bags is making my freestyle footbag feel more natural because my legs are getting intense. There are some high stress levels everyone at "camp" has to deal with. I've grown mentally by sustaining an evenly balanced happy/angry scale. Thing's that make a tree-planter angry: injuries because they refrain you 100% from making money; people that check the quality of your tree's who are known as "checkers" some of them know next to nothing about how to plant tree's and yet their allowed to tell you to "re-plant" if your quality is too low, which means losing money; crappy terrain=less tree's going into the ground=injuries because you try to keep your normal pace. Awww naww it's not that bad. Tree planters just love to complain. I'll just tell y'all the worst thing that's heppend to me yet and then I'll never complain again promise.

Once upon a treeplanters day there was a young man named John Bagi planting spruce and pine tree's in beautiful British Columbia. More specifically, near a small town called "100 Mile House" in central BC. He was on the planting "block" in his "piece" of land and had already planted 850 trees in 4 hours of work under the hot sun. The "checker" was stomping around his "piece" on a rampage flagging lots of trees so that John would have to re-plant them. Mr. Bagi noticed this and it upset him. (understatement) As the "checker" aproached he said angrily "You'r tree's are all garbage, you're going to have to re-plant". John, after walking through his "piece" with his foreman noticed that there was no problem with his trees. He had wasted three hours reworking his piece, roughly $60 lost and a day wasted. The checker, who John titled "Captain Satchell Breath", was fired three days later, but then rehired. Cap'n S. B. continued to ruin many other people's days and disallow them to maximize their daily income.
Ok glad that story is out. Sorry you had to endure my complaints.

All my buddy's here are alcoholics. I drank a ton in May and spent like all my money. Now I'm on a new mission. I'm going to focus on planting and resting and communicating with people back home more. Like my amazing girlfriend Stefan, my huge family, my footbag friends, TOM and PENG, Derik Ogden, and Jack Wei. I want to sleep more and party less on the nights off. That way I can save enough energy for 1 footbag session a week. I've only played about three times in the last two months. Hey John, GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT! I've read the Bilbe like once....rough. :?

Hehe, Ben Card who invited me out to BC to plant is passed out pissed drunk rite now (9:30pm) with a beer standing on his crotch with his hand on it. :P Every now and then he comes back to consiousness and takes a swig of his beer then hits the bed again. This is the third night in a row of this exact position for him. People are playing drinking games outside my motel room. The chicks are all dressed half naked and drunk druling over the guys. Good times.....I guess. That's all I did in highschool. Whenever I party for consecutive nights now I feel like I'm not being true to myself and wasting my time. I have an isanely addictive personality. Just ask Tom Mosher how quickly I got good at footbag. Instant fiend. Just don't want to swing that way with too much drug's and alcohol. Moderation.

Ok I've got a couple thousand more things to catch up on with this blog. Clearly this post is just me complaing because in reality the ratio of fun times:bad times is 209:7. I haven't mentioned anything about how amazimg my girlfriend has been in supporting me on my mission. She has sent me great gifts and tons of love-filled letters. Nor did I say a word about my trip accross BC to Whistler, Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Nanaimo, and TOFINOOOOOOOO. Which was the best vacation thus far in my life. Next post will be super happy positive and fun. It will include a short video of me shredding a couple of days ago. Pics of me in BC. Also, an update on what is happening with Worlds. Worlds....YEAH. Also some new footbags.

Last session: paradon>barfly, clipper set DLO bsos (out of no where)??, duck>duck>osis>osis>duck>duck (also out of no where)??

Talk to y'all soon.
Last edited by footbagi on 19 May 2010 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

John Bagi

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 27 Jun 2007 01:21

Go Jooooohhnnnnn Baaaagiii!!!

Don't get sucked in by the retards wasting their lives away with booze. You're one of the extremely lucky kinds of people that have an abundance of natural talent and genuine things to be proud about. Don't go pouring it all down the toilet.

I'm real PROUD of you John, I can't wait to see you again.

Hey, you are invited to come visit me at my parents place in Oakville!
Also, I will come visit you in Kingston.

Dinner party? Aim juice (in moderation)?

I miss you man!
Tom Mosher

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 30 Jun 2007 21:01

Quick update.

On the last day of the spring contract I outperformed a seven year veteran. This happened by me "balling" him, or planting more tree's than him. His name is Cory and he's becomeing a very good friend of mine. He had not been balled by a rookie yet in his seven years of planting. He gave me a congrats and said that I worked hard for it. Now the summer contract has begun and he came to me with an offer.
Offer: Our head boss predicted that Cory would "Ball the Camp" this summer. Which mean's make more money than anybody else in camp. He gave me the offer of planting with him everyday so that we ball the camp together. He thinks I have the potential.

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHhhh!!!!

That blew me out of the water. Even if we don't come first (which doesn't really matter we'll still make a lot of cash together.

Ahhhhhh, super hard work finally pays off, litterally.

The guy who might overtake us is sittin right across from me. ARRGG. :twisted: I'll get him.

Oh my, BC is sick. everyday I see something beautifull here that would be really rare in Ontario. Moving to BC is definetely in my agenda for anytime in my life. If anyone is driving through this awesome province please go through highway 99 from Vancouver to Lillooet. It's called "sea to sky" and the mountains and rivers and fields will knock your socks off. Aparently it was rated the second best drive in the world?? IDK

Lotsa ballin tomorow! G night

John Bagi

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 05 Jul 2007 00:18

Update.

Tree planting has been amazing.

Ever since me and Cory started planted together there has been nothing but ggod results. First of all, I've had three PB's (just like in footbag) in a row. Yeah, in a row. The first PB was 2520 tree's, then the next day was 2689, followed by a very difficult 3020 tree's. Only like 3 other rookies have hit 3K this year and none of them hit it in this difficult summer contract land. I will be paid 12.5 cents per tree for that which is unreal. Three days in a row of 300 plus dollars. Thus far me and Cory are "balling this camp". Heck yeah!! 8)

My boss selected 4ppl to go on a "special mission". These people will be flown in for 6 days to plant on a very difficult mountain. A minimum of 18 cents per tree will be paid for this work depending on the specific site. Cory told Shawna (head boss) all that I had accomplished in the last week was enough for me to deserve to come along. Guess what. I'M GOING ON THE SPECIAL MISSION! We leave in a weak. Destination: Bear Valley, way the F up a mountain, all by oursleves. Scary. God will be with me and the crew. No worries.

Other great news is that Stefan ( the best girl in my life (other than my mom)) is shredding every day. She says that she is addicted. Yeah, footbag has the tendancy to hook people on it. I might of already mentioned this but whatevs. I think she will be really good if she keeps it up. When I get back to Kingston she will be trained by ME, night and day. I can't wait until I see her hit her first ripped warrior, yah she will.

Very tired because of the 3K plant today sooo.... bed time.

Night footbag world.

John Bagi

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 05 Jul 2007 00:30

Johnjohn!

wow!!! 3K already!!

I think I only did 3K once.. or maybe even not at all. You have waaaaay more motivation than me. I remember definitely being on a 3K+ pace several times and then getting ADD and fucking it up.

:P

When do you come back homie??

I will come visit you in Kingston when that happens, keep me in the loop!

I miss you big guy!
Tom Mosher

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 13 Nov 2007 14:35

I made it out of treeplanting alive. Huray! haha that was like 3 months ago. I'm not sure if anyone is interested or was reading previously but everything turned out great in BC. Words would do a crappy job of trying to explain a truly life altering experience. There's just too many feelings associated with my trip. All I can really say is I want to go back . After living in the bush for so long you learn a lot about yourself and the world around you. The world around you when you live in the bush is a way fucking better than "the real world". I leave it at that.

This whole blog idea is getting to me again. Pretty weird. I only personally know like 20 people on this forum and a bunch of other acquaintances from Worlds 07 but who alls going to read this stuff. Do people really care to read this constantly updated memo of my life? Hope not, there's much more interesting things to be doing. Maybe if I personally meet a bunch more footbaggers than this blog will get a tiny but more personal. But wait, may be people do like to read personable things as well as this constant bombardment of only FOOTBAG FOOTBAG FOOTBAG.

Hmmm....
Fuck it. I'll just write what comes to mind. There's no rules to this system.

My Life Section:
My bike got stolen from my work yesterday. AHHHH. I was so hurt by this. I had forgot that people are jerks and do jerk ass things.
Today I found it YAHHHHHH. I found my bike, like a block down the road from where it was stolen. KFM member Greg Raymond ordered me some G-units from footlocker. It's been about three weeks now of waiting. Last night I found out that he ordered the wrong size for me. AHHHH :? :evil: :? :evil:

My Footbag Life Section:
I think I'm getting really good at footbag and I want to come out with a video. My friend just moved back to Kingston from Toronto and he is a master of film and photography. Hopefully we will soon put our heads together and create something innovative.
I have super painful shinsplints or something. Not really sure exactly what they are but my legs fricken KILL. I took a week off and they felt better so I played yesterday. I felt so amazingly fresh.
Accomplishments:
Flux, first trick of the day, first try.
alpine PLO
alpine smear
flip down double down
barfly 5 times in a string
whirl>rev swirl>whirl>ripwalk repeat
60+ contacts of legover, pickup, mirage. and butterfly
blender bsos
pixie double switchover (I had never tried my flip before but it's really close, I hope to hit it bsos in the next couple weeks)

I hope to keep updating my accomplishments in this blog, as there have been a ton lately. Tracking my improvements are beneficial to me so... I'll be back.

John Bagi

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 13 Nov 2007 14:54

Hey John,

I really like reading things about your life so feel free to type lots!

I am glad you got your bike back, maybe this was the scare you needed to learn to allllways lock up!

I wanna see a video of the whole KFM, that'd be super cool!

Hopefully see you soon.

Tom
Tom Mosher

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 15 Nov 2007 05:34

Well I'm definitely glad to have you Tom. It seems you are my only buddy in the online shred world. Meh...

So I have a major drama in my life right now. Only a fellow footbagger would agree that this is considered a "major" drama. I'm injured. It's official. I'm actually injured. No more footbag fot a while. It seems as though my lower calf muscles don't want to recooperate in the normal time span that they should. It might be shin splints it might be growing pains. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG and I just want to shred. There are some big time goal I want to accomplish and I usually shred for about 3 hours every other day. Now adays I can play one two hour session once a week. AHHHHHHHH

Well, I did grow a whole quarter inch in the last month, after not growing in height at all in over two years.

John Bagi

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 22 Nov 2007 06:37

So I've taken 4 days off now and I've got at least 10 more days to do nothing, exept work, and I'm at work now. Luckily I have Greg Raymond, fellow footbagger, who is a nutritional master and can suggest many different suppliments to guide me through to recovery. I will be driving my "work vehicle" over to see him at his place of work today to purchase some supplies. I'll be up and running in no time. :?

I really hope I don't have stress fractures. AHHHHHH :?

John Bagi

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 25 Nov 2007 06:40

whoa, a whole week of no playing. AHHH

Toronto Raptors against Chicago Bulls in two hours.

My girlfraind planned a surprise raptor game. She's the bomb!

John Bagi

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 25 Nov 2007 08:47

Maybe if things are this bad it's time to see a doctor? :(
Tom Mosher