Kyle Tate footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Kyle Tate footblog

Post by hackmasterkyle » 14 Apr 2007 17:51

Hi, I’m Kyle L. Tate and I just joined modified. I’m kind of new to footbag, I started playing my junior year in school (early 2004) during lunch. I just started to kick around the sack and after awhile I ended up taking beads out of my hacky sack to wear I could stall it. I ended up learning basic stalls on my own such as toe, head, shoulder, and neck extra. After awhile of just doing that I did a clipper not knowing what any of this was at the time since I never watched videos on line and never knew there was an online community really until the past 7 month. During my junior year I went to concerts and played with people at various skill levels at buzz bake sale in West Palm Beach Florida I played in a big circle of people and saw a person do moves I’d never seen before like a butterfly, I never saw any of the people again but it was a great experience. So the rest of that school year and over the summer I tried to learn these tricks. Sometime over my senior year I quit playing for awhile and then started back up again towards the end of my senior year, I also ended up starting up a footbag.org account to become more familiar with the sport. Over the summer I played off and on and bought my first lavers. Then I started up college at IRCC. At the college I would play Mondays thru Thursdays. Sometimes for 5 to 10 minutes other for an hour just depended on studying extra. Well while at the campus I got more into footbag then before. Then in late December I moved from my sunny home in Florida to freezing Ohio. So in the past 3 month I’ve been playing at least an hour a day and up to 2 hours a day in my basement and everywhere I feel like kicking no matter if it’s in parking lot or inside a school unless I take a day off to recover from pain. I’ve been playing all this time with a hacky sack so I bought my first sandbag from freedom footbags, unfortunately 2 month later I kicked it in to my oven and it burned up. So lately I’ve been playing with a vans hacky sack that the vans people gave me at warp tour. While living in Ohio the past 3 month I’ve been watching videos and reading how to do tricks extra. Since I skipped most of the basics like mirage, illusion, and fairy I’ve been learning all those along with drilling the tricks I knew how to do like leg over, butterfly, and clipper. I’ve also been setting goals on consecutives and now I’m trying to hit 200. Since my right foot is crooked I’ve been learning how to bend it so I can do a clipper on that side the only advantage I can see if it is that. I can do outside kicks with that foot all day long.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 15 Apr 2007 01:40

Welcome. I might suggest paragraphs. Post a bunch.

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 15 Apr 2007 17:50

Thanks, I will seprate in to paragraphs.

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 18 Apr 2007 14:06

so i beat my 200 consecutive mark today. I did 297. so my new goal is to see if I can get 300.

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 18 Apr 2007 14:14

Welcome. It's Alan from Myspace. :D Glad to hear you broke your 200 goal!
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 18 Apr 2007 15:33

Pyroman924 wrote:Welcome. It's Alan from Myspace. :D Glad to hear you broke your 200 goal!
Thanks man.

kyle
Shredaholic

Post by kyle » 18 Apr 2007 22:58

hackmasterkyle wrote:so i beat my 200 consecutive mark today. I did 297. so my new goal is to see if I can get 300.
Dude, nice. I think my record is still like 67. :lol: I just suck at kicking or something, so no stone throwing guys!

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 19 Apr 2007 07:15

hackmasterkyle wrote:
Pyroman924 wrote:Welcome. It's Alan from Myspace. :D Glad to hear you broke your 200 goal!
Thanks man.
LOL that's funny. I saw a couple of Kyle's videos on YouTube and asked him to join here.

Post some of your videos broseph! BTW props on almost 300 kicks, I don't think I've ever gotten above ~175ish :lol:

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 19 Apr 2007 10:27

Iron Clad Ben wrote:
hackmasterkyle wrote:
Thanks man.
LOL that's funny. I saw a couple of Kyle's videos on YouTube and asked him to join here.

Post some of your videos broseph! BTW props on almost 300 kicks, I don't think I've ever gotten above ~175ish :lol:
Thanks,
I'm glad I joined. like I rember alan telleing me about this site but I just rarely ever went here. Its a great site.

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 19 Apr 2007 10:40

so heres2 links to the only 2 videos I have up on-line. i'm inj the process of putting one big Compellation video. I filmed these using my digital camera.
Video 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqJKWb6DzMk

Video 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaIo0v0Ijg

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 21 Apr 2007 20:29

Tonight I was over at my freinds aryels house and like everybody was like really intrested in footbag. Show I showed theme some basic moves like stalls, legover, ATW ect. then like one guy came up to me and said I've been plaing witht the hacky sack I had at home after I saw you playing. I was like kool, because their was a person really intrested in footbag. so I helped the kid and gave the kid some sites to look at and everything. He asked me what are good shoes to use and what is a good sack to use. so it looks like hes really intrested. so now I have some people to play with in this small town that I'm currently living in.
Kyle L. Tate

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 23 Apr 2007 11:47

SO I hit my first whirl today. I don't belive its clean but if you have any suggestions to help me get it down clean it would be much appreciated heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XjO8NY4WP0
Kyle L. Tate

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 23 Apr 2007 12:04

O_o Wow, props on Whirl man. Flip Whirl is a bitch to hit but keep at it. 8 ) I can't load the video on this computer but I'll check it out in a bit.

I made a Whirl tutorial video for IronClad a little while ago, I swear a lot because I was winging it and couldn't think of anything else but it's fairly decent. I had a lot of people say it was good so here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdEClgpIftA
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 23 Apr 2007 17:20

Pyroman924 wrote:O_o Wow, props on Whirl man. Flip Whirl is a bitch to hit but keep at it. 8 ) I can't load the video on this computer but I'll check it out in a bit.

I made a Whirl tutorial video for IronClad a little while ago, I swear a lot because I was winging it and couldn't think of anything else but it's fairly decent. I had a lot of people say it was good so here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdEClgpIftA

Thanks alot Alan, That video helps alot, I don't care about the swearing. I thought the video was good.
Kyle L. Tate

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 24 Apr 2007 14:41

So today I got my first ever mole removed. the doctor who removed it and stiched me up said it was very unusuall and hes never seen a second halo(a white ring) formed around the mole. So in 10 days I get to find out the results from the lab. I'm very intrested if it was cancerous or what.
Kyle L. Tate

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

I have a job

Post by hackmasterkyle » 02 May 2007 16:05

So I have a job now working at a pizza chain called east of chicago. since I've been working alot I haven't played footbag as much as usuall but I'm still drilling the basics when I can. I've been hitting fairys more and mirages. I also have been working on spins.
Kyle L. Tate

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

Post by hackmasterkyle » 03 May 2007 14:17

so Today in the school parking lot of my brothers school I did my first ever duckling osis, I was amazed because I've never tryed the move before. I just did it a few times and on the 4th time I succefully did the move.
Kyle L. Tate

kyle
Shredaholic

Post by kyle » 10 May 2007 21:55

hackmasterkyle wrote:so Today in the school parking lot of my brothers school I did my first ever duckling osis, I was amazed because I've never tryed the move before. I just did it a few times and on the 4th time I succefully did the move.
Ducking and diving osis are the best! Props. :D

hackmasterkyle
Hack Fiend

today

Post by hackmasterkyle » 19 May 2007 14:08

today I got my hair cut, so I can play footbag without a hat now. I also have been doing flapper delays more. lately I've been doing basics and trying to get my mirage cleaner. I also have been working on my flipside alot, like flip around the world and all the basics on the flipside.
Kyle L. Tate

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 31 May 2007 15:59

i love flapper. Make sure to practice it both sides. If you do practice it you'll be able to do cool shit like flapper to flapper and flapper to around the world.
Trust me its totally worth it.
Plus its like the best show off move, ever.
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......