Boston Shred Crew, manly baby steps

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.

On a scale of 1-53 how much cooler is pete than kevin:

Very
No votes
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
You Dont Got The Stones
11%
I don't know either but suspect at least 74
No votes
quit your shuckin n jivin and stick to jimmin and jammin
17%
Im the best mang, I Deeed It
11%
48 1/3
22%
I dont know how to read
28%

Total votes: 18

slapdash21
Futureless

Re: Boston Shred Crew, Hide ya women n chillens

Post by slapdash21 » 12 Jul 2013 07:03

my plan is right on schedule. everytime I pass myself in a mirror I want to kick my own ass.

flylights-

ripped-pdx torque (im sure ive done that before at some point...)
heel set assassin (def never done that before
Mobius and pdx torque both sauced in one string
stepping ss dyno first try (as it should be)
something else :twisted:

had a great work out after shred too...probably like 80 push ups, 100+ crunches, and a huge amount of curls etc with my little 15s

feelin good!
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 15 Jul 2013 09:18

pdx torque b2b-string-mobius b2b

2 weeks til worlds kiddos
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 15 Jul 2013 18:05

Almost pulled a bowler by nearly blowing out my ankle twice in 15 minutes at today's session. luckily i fell fast enough to absorb most of the impact.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 16 Jul 2013 05:08

:lol: still got some time left to finish the job....if it brought the rest of me along with it, it might just be worth your while....
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 24 Jul 2013 13:20

Yo Pete, I sent you a text but Idk if your phones workin, or u got a new number or whatever problem ur having with a cell phone at the moment, so just in case u didnt get my text... DONT FORGET TO BRING MY BACKPACK AND ALL THE SHIT IN IT TO WORLDS! ....Pls, and thank u. :)
Doug Tank

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 27 Jul 2013 14:43

got a busted wing :lol:
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 27 Jul 2013 14:43

got a busted wing :lol:
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 29 Jul 2013 07:14

Nice secret highlight further up! Have fun at worlds.

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 05 Aug 2013 14:19

Asmus wrote:Nice secret highlight further up! Have fun at worlds.

thanks and thanks!!! (i did btw)

real highlights later but my favorite parts and people really really fast (again, real stuff later so dont be offended)

-the sawg-hotel was really nice, i accidently peed ON the toilet with the seat down, and lost one of their towels
-suderman and someone else pouring beer off the balconey mostly into my mouth, then apologizing for missing some even tho i told him to do it
-lost my shorts the first day. cut my bathing suit daisy duke style so i could shred in them the rest of the week, found my shorts 5 min before leaving
-waylon, while eating a bunch of cherries: "this is good....usually im allergic to cherries"
-called matt churney "chutney" at least 18 times
-noon event site gym drinking while playing 2 square
-real talk with my dude Toolan all week long. i relate to him, which says something
-card throwing:
...beat felix 3-1 on a best of 5 throws
...hit andrew in the head hardcore, prob left a mark, for that i am genuinely sorry, was aiming for drew
...threw about 600 in a row with James, one of my new fave canadians, while we talked about life and perception until 8 AM, last 2 ppl awake friday night
- Felix's show, in spite of almost falling on ppl, and apparently "heckling" tho i was actually encouaging
- hangin with gatesman the last night for awhile
- fave new ppl:
....James (we surprised each other by being reasonable human beings, and then connected in drunk philosophy and the art of card throwing) Anton (Great dude, mad funny, gettin good at footy to for what its worth, fed me and james crepes at like 630 AM saturday), Cassy (friendly, chill, skilled young face of the sport), Camille (SO friendly, very funny, chased me down the hallway to say bye, which was really nice), Greenwood (great footy style which i knew already, hit some amazing strings thursday i think, well dressed, friendly, proper canadian speaking), Caro (OH my gosh she was HILARIOUS. the things she said reminded me a lot of back home. and she took it on herself to cook for a bunch of us sat morning at least. very warm, maternal, sweet, but GREAT sense of humor and of course accent), Ivan...i dunno like everybody, i'll list more deets later but those were the ppl that made a big impression
- last thing real quick- kemmer impressed me with how....well calm and patient he was in the face of a VERY unfortunately timed ankle roll. he's got a good head on his shoulders and will do well in life.

big thanks to the organizers, judges, competitors, ppl that i hung out with, the ppl i stayed with friday night, toolan for bein my dude, caro, anton and jonny for feeding me, and of course steve goldbricker for singlehandedly funding the sport :wink:
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 05 Aug 2013 14:32

oooh also real fast-

eggbeaterberger (barefoot)
whirling far legover (heel)
flying heel
stepping far legover (heel)-dimwalk-run
gyro schmoe (heel)
(heel) magellan (heel)
my favorite sick 3 that ive ever hit- dimwalk (toe)-stepping far legover-zoid legoverberger all smooth transitions
other stuff
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 10 Aug 2013 14:44

atomic symple legoverberger
gyro sidewalk-pdx blender
flip haze
whirr-infinity swirl
spinning muted clip-blender-gyro dlo-string
gyro guybas-step far muted clip-string
tap, atom, and legbeater all BSOS
dimwalk (toe)-whirl-run
jughandle (with tips from hogan :P )
atomic flying legover
coupla janis actually

and im still definitely not at 100% by far...cant really twist/torque my upper body with any amount of power yet and my arm flops around and wacks the bag sometimes midstring.

i forgot one of my favorite things i did at worlds. jumping into one of the preliminary circles and waiting for a turn, confusing....honza i think? i dunno, i was a little buzzed already as i recall. worlds was fun.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Boston Shred Crew Featurin' PB's Worlds Recap fo yo plea

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 21 Sep 2013 21:06

drunk reviving the only blog i care about.

thick like plaster.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Re: Boston Shred Crew Featurin' PB's Worlds Recap fo yo plea

Post by slapdash21 » 31 Oct 2013 14:51

dont even really know how to start telling ppl or who to start with so i guess ill just say it here and see if word spreads naturally.

i broke my leg, horrifically. 3 weeks ago, biking, pothole, chain jumps, fly over the handlebars, smash into parked car, broke both bones in my right calf.

ambulance ride-->agony, swelling up like a pig before the slaughter, 4 huge needles into the area of the break, pure unadulterated agony. test results show compartmentalizing (severe swelling of blood/fluid into the area, leading to loss of circulation), and that if i didnt have emergency surgery asap, i would probably lose my leg.

3 am surgery, 2 days in the hospital puking up painkillers, 3 weeks on the couch peeing in bottles (and sometimes all over the couch), zoned out on painkillers, hungry but didnt want to get up, nauseous. when they released me they said id have to give myself a blood thinner every day for 2 weeks to avoid a potentially fatal blood clot that could travel to my heart or brain. in the form of a needle, and im not huge on those.

there is a lot to be grateful for. i didnt get killed or get brain damage, its not the middle of winter so im not crutching it around in snow. my parents have been incredibly caring and giving and helpful taking care of me, many of my friends have done the same. my work has been paying me, and im recovering slowly, i can finally straighten my knee almost all the way, the swelling is very very slowly going down, and the pain is becoming more manageable. there is a lot more as well but i cant/dont want to get into that now.

dont ask me about footbag please. focused on walking normally again at some point and trying to not think about anything else...

thanks for reading, be glad you can walk.

peter
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

slapdash21
Futureless

Re: Boston Shred Crew Featurin' a broken man

Post by slapdash21 » 31 Oct 2013 15:03

tried to post the x ray....maybe later
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 31 Oct 2013 15:39

Oh man, That is awful Pete. I hope that you have you have a full recovery. It's hard to find the good in times like this but you noted a few things and it could always be worse.
Drew Martin

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 31 Oct 2013 18:30

Hey man, sorry to hear about this. Seriously. Hope everything heals up and you can resume your life normally. Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Nov 2013 11:37

Man.. when I heard the news from Kevin, I wanted to puke. I'm so sorry to hear it dude. I was in disbelief until I read it in here straight from you. Just keep a good head on your shoulders about it and you'll recover fully. Positivity can go a long way and help people accomplish amazing things. You just have to believe it. Your parents are seriously the shit for taking care of you. Keep us updated on the recovery process. You'll be in my agnostic prayers..
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 Nov 2013 12:47

Holy shit Pete. Glad you are OK. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. At least the Red Sox won the World Series though, right? Stay positive...I'd dedicate a session to you, but I realized I can't hit any of the stuff you do, so scratch that.

Wishing you a complete recovery.

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 01 Nov 2013 17:57

didn't want to post anything exact until you did. I know you have the capability of looking at the best way possible so good first post.

GTA, beers and chilling on tuesday dude. i got you brother.

what goes around is all around, leahey.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 02 Nov 2013 09:01

Damn, Pete. When I got your text I figured maybe you were on crutches for a while and wouldn't kick over the winter.. not this. Glad to hear you are alright though. Heal up and I'll see you when I'm in Boston again.