Adrienne's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 29 Nov 2008 17:13

LEGOMAN wrote: EDIT: hey do you think this line will work on a girl?

hey gurl, how bout your privates and my privates high five each other sometime?
if your goal is to get smacked in the face by a woman, then yes, yes it will work
Adrienne Craver

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 29 Nov 2008 21:35

Hey was watching your run that you posted on youtube, and wanted to say it looks good. But the only thing that sticks out to me is the fact that you're double tapping on your toe moves.

If you watch your toe game, the double tap is most apparent. Fix it and your form will look soo much better :)

Keep up the good work and hope to kick with you again! Hope there is no Flogging Molly concert next time XD.
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 01 Dec 2008 17:49

colefieldhouse22 wrote:
LEGOMAN wrote: EDIT: hey do you think this line will work on a girl?

hey gurl, how bout your privates and my privates high five each other sometime?
if your goal is to get smacked in the face by a woman, then yes, yes it will work
i thought it was good.

so whats this i hear about you having a man in your life? i thought i was the only man in your life

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 10 Dec 2008 12:17

It has been so long since I have posted. Well, so long for how often I have been writing. My hands have been hurting from doing too many papers and doing that Xmas Calendar video. I am coming down the home stretch of the semester. I only have one more final to work on and the last day of school for the high school I am working at is next Friday. Then, thank god, winter break. I am especially looking forward to Christmas, because my family is going to do community service together on that day. Plus, I make damn good cookies that I can't wait to eat.

I am sorry Kyle. When I visit you in Idaho, I will let you throw potatoes at me.

Eric, what do you mean by double tapping on my toe tricks? Maybe you and I can shred to some Flogging Molly at...

NEW YEARS JAM!

so thanks to the best Christmas present ever, I will be attending :) I am crazy excited, especially since I thought I wouldn't be going to anymore tourneys until I graduate. Aside from the fact it is going to be a kick ass footbag event, I am really excited for the other activities that will be at the sports festival. The Harlem Globetrotters will be there the 29th. I am definitely bringing my rock climbing shoes because there is a climbing wall. I have never been to Chi-town so it should be fun to check out the city as well.

I had 2 sessions in the past week. One with Ken on Sunday which wasn't very productive for me, but I did learn how to do a flapper stall. That was definitely the highlight of the session for me. Ken told me to point my toe instead of crank my ankle, and that made much more sense to me.

I also played by myself today at Ritchie. I only had the martial arts room for 30 minutes because there was a class there. During that time, I just work on everything I know on my flip side. After I played for a bit, I went to the weight room and had a really good workout.

In video news, I made my first footbag video. Even though it is on the Christmas calendar, I am going to post it here as well. I am pretty proud of it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkze__NBN3c&fmt=18[/youtube]
Adrienne Craver

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 11 Dec 2008 16:07

Age, give me some pointers on reverse whirl. How about at...

NYJ :!: :wink:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 24 Dec 2008 17:24

Of course I will help you out Waylon! Speaking of NYJ, leaving in two days! And hella excited about it. It will be my first time in Chi-town so I hope to eat some good pizza and see the city. Although I am probably not going to want to go outdoor given that I will never have felt such cold in my life.

Both school (my high school internship) and class (my university classes) are out for the semester so although I haven't physically relaxed getting ready for Christmas, I have definitely mentally been relaxing.

Haven't played too much lately, but I did have a pretty good session on Monday. I drilled most of my tricks on both sides and did a drill I am pretty proud of: butterfly>mirage>butterfly>pickup>same thing on the otherside> legover>legover>mirage>ss mirage>mirage>ss mirage. I missed the catch on the last mirage so it was 13 contacts but it was a good drill for working both sides. While I was trying this, I once reached for a butterfly that was too far out and almost twisted my ankled. I would have been so pissed if I had done that before NYJ. But at least it was playing footbag.
The best personal highlight of that session was a pimpin' legover. Being able to do that meant that I had a good, high pixie set plus it was just fun to do. After I finished playing I did some weight lifting. i am working hard to get in better shape.

I tried to play yesterday but I forgot my shorts so I just messed around with some stalls then worked out for like an hour and a half. Had a really good, long stretch which I really needed.

Tomorrow is Christmas, by far my favorite holiday. My family and I are going to a nursing home in the morning to do a Christmas visit. Hopefully we will make Christmas service a tradition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOzszFIBcE[/youtube]

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Adrienne Craver

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 25 Dec 2008 07:00

colefieldhouse22 wrote:Although I am probably not going to want to go outdoor given that I will never have felt such cold in my life.
I know you were kind of looking forward to the below zero windchill, but unfortunately it's just cold not, not painfully cold.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 30 Dec 2008 11:38

Hello. Oh, you're still in chicago... you guys are probably at the airport. Glad ya came :)

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 02 Jan 2009 21:39

Thanks, Tom! I am glad I came, too :)

NYJ was amazing, I really had such a great time. As I am not big on write ups, because details always fail me plus I don't think anyone cares about what I did waiting for my plane to Chi-town, here are my highlights of the event:

~MONKEY BAG http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 060#413060
~meeting lots of cool new people (especially the Chicago people)
~rock climbing, badminton, bulletball and wheel chair basketball
~dancing with Emily, Ken, Mike, and Pepe
~Pepe is an amazing dancer

~ At the club, there were acrobats in white angelic bikinis. The best was a woman who did that thing where there are sheets hanging from the ceiling and she wraps herself up and dances in them in the air. I have no idea what is it called but it looks like this: http://www.sptimes.com/2002/11/03/photo ... CIRQUE.jpg She was absolutely gorgeous dancing like that. I talked to hear afterward to tell her how amazing it was. I think she really appreciated it because #1 I recognized her after her performance and #2 I am sure in a club like that people rarely look at anything beside her breasts. She said she went to circus school and I couldn't help but wonder if when she was in it if she thought she would end up doing shows in trendy clubs. But anyway, she was cool.

~hanging out at the Art Institute and Millennium Park with Erik Chan and Ken
~the Winter Wonderland Festival at the Navy Pier
~playing Tony Hawk with Nathan
~crotch-fire
~pizza
~the view of the city from our hotel
~being recognized in random ways I have never been before. When I introduced myself to Tom he was like "yeah, I know you from a video" and Ian said "yeah, you're the girl who hit torque"... crazy
~finding out my girl-style Kolo Sport shirt is glow-in-the dark (doesn't take much to make me happy...)

Also, thanks to Nathan soooo much for letting us sleep at his place and to the CIC crew for letting us stay in the suite. You guys rock <3

Lastly, here are some pics:

Image Image
The Asian circle
Ken and the "destiny" round

Image Image
Winter Festival at the Navy Pier

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Millennium Park

Image Image
Takraw Crotchfire
Puppy :)
Adrienne Craver

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 03 Jan 2009 01:54

Cool.
That was really fun.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 03 Jan 2009 14:50

That photo of my back was awesome. It's a shame that that asian circle was short lived.

Also, those Kolo Sport girl tees are slammin'!

PS: I wish I was at Millenium Park with you guys. Maybe if we meet up again at the next Chicago NYJ.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 03 Jan 2009 23:38

Hi. It was great meeting you at NYJ. I might make it out to DC for a soccer match this year, so i'll try and meet up with you and ken.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Jan 2009 18:09

Good shred today Age!

Here are some new tricks Age hit:

mAGEllan:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbdgNUtZwSk&fmt=18[/youtube]

Flipside dimwalk:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6q_vIyQ9u8&fmt=18[/youtube]

Let's definitely get a shred in next weekend at the same spot.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 19 Jan 2009 15:56

Props on the flip pixie moves! And thanks so much for the nice mentions in your NYJ post.

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 23 Jan 2009 18:35

Thanks for posting those, Ken.

Haven't had too much time to play footbag, but the last couple of times I played I was pleased. A couple of weeks ago I hit parkwalk to pdx mirage. Then as you may have seen, I hit magellan for the first time as well as flip dimwalk. I also did 30 clippers on my strong side, which I am pretty sure is my record. My string length sucks. Not really sure what I can do to improve them. Ken mentioned it might have to do with my breathing. Hope to play this weekend, so I'll just work on string length if I do.

As is the norm for this year, I have been real busy. Had a somewhat relaxing winter break, but it was only 2 weeks. I have had 5 week breaks for the past 4 years. Can't complain though, it's better than most people's vacation.

Teaching has been really great. Student teaching has definitely made me realize that teaching really is my passion. It is a great feeling knowing that I made the right career choice.

The only problem is where to go next year. I have begun the job application process (EEK!!!). So far I have started looking into 6 counties in MD, DC, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Oregon, northern California, Wisconsin, Spain, and Mexico. I looked at Ontario last year, but am having trouble re-finding that information. I have applications started for some counties in MD, North Carolina, and Spain but that is just because you didn't need a resume to start the process. Hopefully my resume and cover letter will be done by the end of next week. Anyway I have no idea where I want to be next year and this probably isn't that interesting so I will stop my job hunting blog rant now.

I hope everyone reading this is having a beautiful day
Adrienne Craver

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 25 Jan 2009 22:45

Congrats on the new tricks and best of luck on the job search.

p.s. really enjoyed the NYJ pics
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 08 Feb 2009 18:47

Thanks Kevin! That is sweet of you.

Last session was over a week ago. Only good thing was I finally figured out illusion. Could have potentially been a lame session because I was tired and not feeling well, but that made it worth it for me.

This is my favorite video ever posted on YouTube. I wanted to post it in the YouTube thread but I am not sure if it is already there. Anyway, enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc[/youtube]
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 23 Feb 2009 19:25

This blog has been getting to the second page far too much...

Anyway, played Saturday with Ken and we had two sessions the weekend before that. All three were drilling, drilling, drilling! That is probably what I will be doing most of the time when I play until the end of May. Just want to get the basics perfect. I am going to for real do those challenges on Waylon's challenge page that I happen to mooch off of. The drill I was most proud of this past weekend was illusion>legover repeat. While it may not seem like much, I didn;t really figure out how to do an illusion properly until last weekend and I had never done any kind of illusion with my right leg before this.

Though I am drilling, I do try some new stuff every session. I am close to hitting tap and have been trying to do stuff with flapper stalls, like a mirage from a flapper. Just want to make my repertoire of tricks more interesting.

In life news, I switched student teaching positions. I am now in a middle school. Some of the 7th graders are sooo cute! And really fun. It is nice because I can be cheesy with them. I use music a lot to teach so I can dance around and sing and some of them will do the same. While there are somethings that are pretty cool about it, I realized I definitely prefer teaching high school.

I have my first interviews at a job fair on Thursday. They are with 5 counties in MD, 1 in VA and 1 in Deleware. I am pretty nervous, but this is a good way to get my foot in the door at several school districts. Wish me luck!
Adrienne Craver

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 24 Feb 2009 01:50

go away >:O

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 28 Feb 2009 12:04

Played solo today for an hour and a half. Went pretty well. Forgot to bring the challenge list so I just tried the ones I could remember.
-10 clippers both sides with good form. Actually got up to 20 on each side.
-Tried 20 tiltless but only got to 16. Although the 16 were really good. Included butterflies on both sides, an osis, an illusion and a pdx mirage. Not just fluffy stuff.
-Also tried 20 mirages on each side and got to 15 on one side, 11 on the other

New challenge from myself is osis>infinity>osis>rpt. Was able to do it on one side.

Job fair went pretty well. Think I made lots of good impressions with most of the county HR people. Plus it was fun to wear the skirt suit. Going for interviews with schools in Southern Maryland the day before the Pitt Jam, which I can't wait for!
Adrienne Craver