Adrienne's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 16 Jul 2009 23:11

Haha, nice plug Tom. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend because I am currently at the IJA (juggling conference). I couldn't afford to travel for footbag tourneys, so I decided to go visit my friend in Winston-Salem and check out the IJA for a couple of days. Pete Irish was supposed to be here but he got injured and couldn't come. So Vince and I pretty much traveled six hours to play footbag with each other. Though it will be cool to see the shows and juggle with my friend.

More on footbag later...
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 19 Jul 2009 18:42

Last Sunday I played with Ryan at the zoo which was super fun because we got to check out cool animals beforehand. We found this stage like thing to play on which was good for the much needed shade. It was the hottest day I have been out in so far this summer. I don't remember particularly doing anything of note, but it was nice to play with Ryan.

Vince and I left for the IJA Thursday morning at like 6am so we could get there with enough time in the day to hang out. We met up with my friend Christian, played footbag some then took showers and went to the finals for juggling routines. There were some pretty cool acts. My favorite routine was by some guy named Doug Sayers. The next day was pretty much the same as the first with juggling and footbag. The main juggling show was that night and it was AMAZING. There were a lot of great performers.

Out of the weekend, my favorite parts were definitely the renegade shows. There were lots of crazy acts and removal of clothing. Just like I like it.

Footbag wise I think I played fairly well. I came super close several times to finally getting 20 tiltless, and I hope to do it within the next week. I also figured out how to pass the bag to someone by going into a hand stand; it came from wanting to do a handstand Mosher-style. So it's a start. I also played around with putting footbag and juggling together. Mostly just using three balls and dropping one to my feet. I got a leg-over from juggling and did a pixie into juggling.

My friend Christian played with us a bit and he almost got a spinning mirage on the first couple tries. He is a great juggler and is really good at spinning. He doesn't play that often but learns really fast. And he wants to come to Funtastiks! I really hope he does because he is really cool and told me today he has thought of new things to try with footbag and juggling. Here are a couple of things he has done:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=771369477278
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 2684387268

And now, a picture to sum up my experience at the IJA:
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 21 Jul 2009 20:08

Played today in the nice outdoor spot at my apartment. Wasn't super long, maybe like 45 minutes, but it was quality. Just about everything I did was strong and felt easy. Still couldn't get 20 tiltless though. It is like every time I am close, my body is like "f*** you"

Today's biggest highlight: hitting DATW, dimwalk, and parkwalk in the same string. It was a strong string too. And first time hitting DATW in any string.

I also hit bubba mid string for the first time.

After footbag, I did a water aerobics class that the pool at my apartment offers for free. It was fun with lots of crazy older ladies.

In juggling: I taught myself what I think is mills mess last night, though my sight for juggling isn't that good so I'm not sure if I am doing it right. Will send a video to Christian for verification.

I have been doing a great job at staying physically active lately: footbag, juggling, yoga, water aerobics, chair dancing classes, and taking lots of walks with my friends. It feels great, but I am afraid to lose it once I start working in a month. But hopefully the habit from the summer will keep me going. Especially since I will need it with such a stressful job like teaching.
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 04 Aug 2009 12:46

Finally got to play today after two weeks sans footbag. It was upsetting because for the first time since I started playing footbag, I had to search for my bags because I didn't know exactly where they were.

Tried last night but my leg was pulled somehow so I only got in like five minutes.

The pain was still in my leg a bit today but I played through it for about a half an hour.

Highlights:
Super smooth infinities. Only got up to about 9 in a row but they are coming along

17 tiltless, with a two dex thrown in the mix

Came really close to getting bubba bsos

Funtastiks is in a month. It would be nice to pull together a routine but I get really nervous doing routines and I don't think I have time to pull one together with enough confidence to even try. Though I am definitely doing ironman. I love that event.
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 29 Aug 2009 11:17

So I have been in a really big footbag slump. I have played a few times since the last time I wrote in here, but haven't really had any fun doing it. I am not even that excited for Funtastik's this year, which is like not looking forward to Christmas. I almost decided to not even go. But hopefully going, seeing people that I haven't seen in awhile, and being in the footbag environment will pep me up and get me excited again.

In life news, I came painfully close to not graduating grad school on time, but I made it so now I officially have a Master of Education. I also started my first job a couple of weeks ago and started teaching this past week. It has taken up a lot of time but I love it sooo much. I will post pictures of my super awesome classroom later :)
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 11 Sep 2009 18:59

Funtastiks was the shizzle, as always.

And for my usual random list of things I enjoyed:

~Enjoying footbag! I feel like I haven't done that in a very long time. But I felt very relaxed and in my element the whole weekend. Also something I haven't felt in a long time.

~Danny Greer winning doubles net with Chris Cleaver! Danny was also the first non-Canadian to be in singles net finals in several years.

~Camping. Did that for the first time and it was nice. Camped with Ryan and Christian. Spent the late hours of Saturday night hanging with them in addition to Drew, Bob R, Dave B., and Bryan around a campfire.

~Pizza Hut. Imagine some of the most awesomely insane footbaggers ever shoved in a booth with screaming children, operatic singing, and a pig who makes circle bread out of square bread...

~Barrett cheering me on in the hotel shred on Saturday night. Thanks Barrett :)

~Spent a lot of time checking out the fair this year. Awesome funk band called Post Junction. Christian and I danced by ourselves to that for awhile. There was this other awesome Native American flute woman. See almost put us in full trance with the music. And fry bread rocks.

Anti-highlights:

~Being sick with a cold the whole weekend
~Loosing my house keys, which are now apparently in Alberta, Canada in a box with the ipod, camera cable, and armadillo that I had lost previously :(

------------------------------------

Today I did footbag with my Spanish classes. We were practicing numbers so we counted 1-20 together as I kicked it. Then on 21-30 I toe stalled it, 31-40 clipper stalled it then 41-50 I did different tiltless moves. Then some students came up and kicked as we counted 50-100. It was sooo awesome because not only were they really engaged, but they got Spanish practice in and were excited to see me preform for them. I mentioned something about East Coasts in College Park in a couple of weeks and a bunch of them were like "Aw man, I want to go!" and "Hey, can you get discount tickets for your favorite class?!" :lol:
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 15 Oct 2009 12:05

Howdy ya'll. Updating cuz I have time to.

East Coasts was pretty fun. I didn't compete in routines because I just didn't have enough time to make one. But I will start one soon so that way by next spring it will be ready :)

Here are some highlights from East Coasts:

~Playing footbag with the kids. I always really enjoy that. Also got in some basketball with them.

~Playing bball with Ken. He didn't embarrass me as much as he normally does so that was sweet of him.

~Seeing Chris Balch! He came all the way from Utah!

~Doing request. I only got past the first level, but in the second there was a combo (illusion>flying butterfly) I didn't think I could come close to hitting and I did. So then I tried it on the sideline and hit it.

~Trying to break dance

~Watching the video for one of the Spike and Shreds in New Jersey. What a trip down memory lane!

I played everyday for three days after East Coasts. Nothing spectacular, but it was nice to play. Then on the Thursday after, I was playing in the faculty-student soccer game at school (so much fun!) and I ended up hurting my hip. God I felt like an old woman. Took the next couple of days off, but played a good bit at the PA State Championships. Though, I was really sore at first. PA State Champs is my favorite tourney of the year.

Highlights of PA State Champs:

~Winning freestyle! I know, I know. You're like "WTF, Danny Greer was there; she's lying" But we did the competition on like a handicap. More on that in a moment.

~The location. Joe and Brenda's place is soooo beautiful. There is an amazing view, the sunsets are gorgeous, there are trails in the woods, and the trees were awesome because of the changing colors.

~Chillax competition. It is a tournament in the sense that there is a competition and medals, but it is so relaxed and fun.

So here is how we did freestyle:
Each person had to hit three trick combos with a certain level of adds depending on ability. You could hit the tricks in any order and the adds were chosen by the highest level of play we could do. So Jack Lentz had 2-3-3, I had 3-3-4, Vince had 3-4-4, and Danny had 5-5-5. You could hit the tricks in any order. So we had a certain amount of time to hit as many combos as we could.

I had five and I was really proud of them because I didn't think I could do any. They were:

~parkwalk>ss buttferly>pdx mirage
~dimwalk>ss butterfly>pdx mirage
~parkwalk>infinity>osis
~dimwalk>infinity>infinity
~dimwalk>reverse whirl>pdx mirage
Adrienne Craver

bingchenzo
Hack Fiend

Post by bingchenzo » 16 Oct 2009 05:07

Adrienne didn't brag enough.

she CRUSHED us.

no contest. Greer was struggling to think of more than one 5-5-5 he could hit, I could barely hit my two easiest fours in a string, and Jack simply can't beat a girl. Too much the gentleman? He probably figured one trophy would be enough.

And Adrienne hit 5 strings in her goal.
Congrats again Adrienne! Way to take the trophy back to MD!

I like turtles.

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 20 Oct 2009 02:21

Thank Vince. You're making me blush :oops:

Played last night for a little bit. Hit:
~ducking clipper and ducking toe on both sides

First time hitting both of them. Really wasn't that bad. Don't know what took me so freakin long...
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 10 Nov 2009 14:28

The past couple of days have been GORGEOUS. Due to this and the fact I really needed a break, I took two days of of work for a much needed mental vacation. I was pretty productive both days with lesson planning, studying Spanish, cleaning and playing footbag.

I have play footbag the last four days I think, but only for about 30-45 minutes each time. I have mostly been working on :

20 tiltless
10 contacts osis>ss clipper rpt
stepping set

20 tiltless has really been gnawing at my patience because it is stupid I haven't done it yet, but I am getting my average run length up so that is good. Highest I got in the past few days was 17

The osis>ss clipper is coming along. I get to six contacts just about every time. I think once my right foot osis gets stronger it will be a breeze

My stepping set on my right side has improved a ton. Today I hit sidewalk for the first time, my first stepping trick. Though I really need to watch it on camera to check it out, I have just not felt like busting out the camera. I have so little time to play as it is.

Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to make it to NYJ. I am moving next year (to where has been undecided) and I want to make sure I save up. Especially for if I end up teaching in a Latin American country where I will get paid very little. I also want to go to Worlds no matter where it is and I need to make sure I can afford that no matter what.
Adrienne Craver

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 10 Nov 2009 20:16

colefieldhouse22 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to make it to NYJ.
Boo! I thought it yesterday but I signed on just now JUST to ask you if you were coming. Well, way to be smart and have cool life plans. Aww, and I was all geared up to take you out clubin again, that was SO fun. :-)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 26 Nov 2009 18:59

Oh my, Emily. The thought of going clubbing with you again is almost enough to make me buy a ticket out there. It was so much fun! But I guess we will have to wait until next time :(

Played footbag a few times in the last month, though most of them were nothing note worthy.

Played once with Ryan and he also gave me a tennis lesson when we were done. That was super fun.

Today I did a "post-Thanksgiving dinner, burn off those extra 8,000 calories that I ate" shred which actually turned out to be my best session in awhile. Played pretty well. The highlight was definitely hitting 20 tiltless finally. I also hit 4 osis back to back. And just generally had fun. I played for over an hour which is the longest I have played in a long time. Was just feeling motivated for some reason.

Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year: BLACK FRIDAY!!! I am looking forward to shopping for excellent deals at 4 in the morning!! It is exhilarating to be shopping in the crowds at the crack of dawn. The best sale of the day: puzzle mats at half price! No more messing up my carpet while playing inside, or my shins when playing on concrete.[/i]
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 03 Feb 2010 16:47

I can believe it has been over two months since I have written in my blog. I still have been playing, but I don't keep too much track of what I practice from day to day. Just working on trying to get better.

Today though, I had a great over-all fitness session.

Played footbag for about an hour, with 100 crunches and push ups (in sets) between runs. Also got 46 catches with my juggling clubs, my new record.

I hit one challenge: Legover > ATW-in > RPT > Pickup > ATW-out > RPT. Had a lot of trouble with that one because my pickups from toe aren't so great but it felt pretty easy today. Also, after looking at my last few blog posts, I realized I hit another challenge, ducking clipper BS, back in October. So that is now checked off the challenge page as well.

Also did lots of long runs. I got up to 20 contacts once and between 15 and 19 contacts couple of times. I also did a decent string (over 10 contacts) with pdx mirage, dimwalk, and park walk all in there.

I also worked on the components for my pixie legover> pixie ss legover> rpt. I did magellan of both sides for the first time and worked on doing legover> magellan. Got it on one side.

Still working on stepping, though it is coming along slowly.

I really, really want to compete at worlds this year, especially if it is in the USA. So, I am going to start working on a routine now and hopefully practice it at GRASS and East Coasts.Who knows if I will actually get the nerve to compete at worlds or have the time to make a good routine, but it is one thing I want to do before I stop playing footbag (which hopefully will be a long time from now). I think I learned really good routine practicing habits from Ken, so hopefully now I can put them to use.
Adrienne Craver

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 19 Feb 2010 08:22

hey Adrienne, any word on where you're moving to?

perhaps there should be a draft for footbaggers who are moving.

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 26 Feb 2010 03:42

Unfortunately, it looks like my grand moving plans have turned into moving home to help support my parents. They are not doing so well financially so I figured that if I am going to be paying someone rent, then it should be them. It is also looking like I will never move out of Maryland. I am sacrificing that because I have found something worthwhile to stay for. It is a really big disappointment for me, but this will be worth the sacrifice.

Regardless, I will still be traveling bunches. Definitely be at worlds this year and am considering driving to Cali since I won't be able to move. At least I would get to see lots of other parts of the country even if I don't live in them. More information on that to follow...

And yes, a draft of moving footbaggers is a good idea.
Adrienne Craver

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 28 Feb 2010 13:47

sweet, pick me up on the way.
It sounds like you have things in hand. I think doors will open and you'll see more options in the next year - just look for them. Now how's that for sounding like Miss Cleo. Ya yahaha.

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 13 Mar 2010 13:49

That sounds like a great idea, Tom. I go right through Chi-town on the way there. We'll talk

Today's session's good stuff. Not much but felt good:

~magellan bsos
~8 infinities several times

challenge hit: Clip > Near legover > RPT > Mirage > Pickup > RPT
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 30 Mar 2010 10:05

footbag + salsa dancing all night in heels + more footbag = really sore feet
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 24 Jul 2010 09:17

Hello modified! It has been quite awhile since I have written but mostly because there has been very little footbag to write about. I injured my groin really badly playing back in May and have not been able to play since. East Coasts was a bummer because I had to sit there and watch people play. I never realized how much it sucks to go to a tourney and have to sit on the sidelines. So my enthusiasm for footbag has waned a bit but hopefully that will change once I start playing again. Getting injured of course means my hopes to compete at Worlds are gone but fortunately I will still be going and will be on freestyle staff.

I am leaving tomorrow morning, picking up Ted Fritsch in Harrisburg and Jack Lentz in Erie and then we will be off on a road trip to California! We are going to go through the north on the way there and the south on the way back to see more of the country.

In random life news, a couple posts back I mentioned how I would probably never be leaving Maryland because I found something to stay for. I guess I should really rephrase that to someone. I am engaged and will be getting married next summer!
Adrienne Craver

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Nick Polini is my hero

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 06 Jun 2014 16:06

Holy goodness, it has been almost four years since my last post! Life has been really crazy and there has been a lot getting in my way of playing footbag, including my own lethargy. Here are my last four years in review:

~I drove to California with Jack and Ted to go to the world championships in Oakland which will forever remain one of the greatest experiences of my life. Even if we are the weirdest trio of people to traverse the country https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 4fafe63be9

~The groin injury I got in 2010 still bothers me to this day. I cannot do an out>in dex on my left leg without feeling tension in my groin.

~I got married. Justin and I married in December of 2010 and I am so lucky to say I had these sexy people there to support me
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... a6154e952a
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... b9c0a38e1e
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... edb0242929

~I left teaching, worked at Starbucks for awhile and am now the safety manager at a paint company until I can get back into an organization with a higher purpose.

~I have a house and a dog, which makes me feel super old. But, if anyone is ever near Damascus, MD I have a spare bedroom; feel free to visit!

~While my footbag playing has been sparse, I have yet to miss a River Rock or PA State Invitational since I have been on hiatus.

~I have totally forgotten how to use modified. Cannot remember how to include a picture in a post for the life of me. Also, it keeps autocorrecting footbag to be two words. I don't remember if it did this before, but I find it very disturbing.

I was reading a few of my blog entries and I was shocked at some of the things I have hit. I don't even remember doing parkwalk>torque or symp mirage! But I impressed myself all over :)

Anyway, three weeks ago Nick Polini and I were at River Rock together when he told me how sad he was that he started playing right before I quit. I know he meant nothing but nice things with that statement, but it hit me in the gut. Even though I like to say I am on hiatus, it does suspiciously seem like I quit...

This week I freestyled twice and played net with Justin twice. My dog also seemed to enjoy net as she would steal the bag away from us and run when it dropped. Plus, I went to the PA State Invitational last weekend and River Rock two weeks before that.

It is highly unlikely that I will keep up this blog. I have come to accept that I will never be that good and will probably never play as much as I'd like, but I am just so happy to be playing again. Nick, thank you for giving me the push I needed to start playing again. You are my hero :)
Adrienne Craver