Jordan Alejandro : 2011 East Coasts Write-Up

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 27 Jul 2010 15:00

Going to New York City Aug 5th-6th, Possible Footbag sesh with Footbagger007 on Aug 7th, Philly Aug 8th, Then Florida August 9th-16th. Should be a blast!!!
I ducked my stepping set today!!
Thinking about Europe a lot, and my future plans for next summer.

Highlights...

:arrow: Ripwalk x's 4!!!!

:arrow: Paradon BSOS

:arrow: Spinning Ducking Butter!!!

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 30 Jul 2010 11:44

Highlights...

:arrow: Barfly

:arrow: Pixie ss Whirl

:arrow: Blizzard

:arrow: Longer Strings

:arrow: Happiness

:arrow: RIPPED WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said...

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 31 Jul 2010 06:37

A major "Fuck yeah!" on Ripped Warrior. My friend just hit it a few days ago and I'm itching to hit it.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 31 Jul 2010 06:40

where to go in Europe? haha. you know where to go
Czech Republic
Finland
Poland

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 31 Jul 2010 10:52

Ripped was a major accomplishment for me. About two years ago when I started I saw Clavens hit it back to back a bunch of times and thought it was the coolest move, so I said, jokingly, "if I ever hit ripped warrior I will quit footbag..." then I would laugh after everytime I would say it! haha. Its so nice to have a high stepping set, I ducked my stepping bothsides and Ive ducked my atomic once side, so I assume I have decent sets.

As for Europe next year. I will be in all of those countries plus more. In a couple of months, I will right a post to ask any European players if they would like to shred when I visit there countries. Most of the european players are my favorite. I would love to play with Honza, Damien, Norek, Arek, Anssi, ect.. I hope they would want to shred with me for a session, because it would make my trip to Europe a memorable one indeed.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 02 Aug 2010 12:36

Highlights...

:arrow: Fog

666-th post. Woot!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Aug 2010 13:02

You satanic bastard :P Funtastiks is right around the bend! You and your friend still staying at my camper with us?
Nick Polini

Funblog

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 03 Aug 2010 14:40

worked on flip concepts today. It went well, I hit everything I wanted to hit. Ended up extending my sessions to about 1 1/2 hours. Im trying to get them to 2 hours. Probably when I get back from Florida. Im going on the 9th. Will be playing there, and hopefully hitting some cool stuff. I need to get a couple more concepts out of the way before it will be "fun" to play. "Fun" meaning I will be able to do all the tricks I like and get them solid enough till I can have dope strings. I wana get my shuffle good with pixie, atomic, and stepping, because thats my favorite way to play. I love whirls, double downs, and ducking/spinning. Basically, Im intrigued with the "new school" footbag style. I like those odd concepts that look old school, but its just not my thing; right now anyways. I really love the way it looks when Vasek strings for 5 minute straight with tons of ripwalks in-between and makes it look like nothing. I love that style, so thats what Im striving for. Im striving for "fun" ...And sometimes, you have to go through a lot of shitty times to get to the "fun"... But, its always worth it in the end.

Highlights...

:arrow: Flip Paradon (downtime!! Hit it 3 times! So stoked!)

:arrow: Flip Legbeater

:arrow: Flip Atomsmasher!

:arrow: PS Illusion is so close!!! I guarantee next session, I will hit it!

still need to hit flip flail. Probably the only concept I want to hit that I havent been able to on my flipside. Oh well, only time will tell, right?

Im so happy with my improvement over this summer. I feel like if I play through the winter I will get really solid by next summer.

Oh, by the way!!

Nick! I'm not completely sure if Im still going to funtastiks, my friend that offered to take me hasnt stayed in touch with me for a while. Do you know anyone that would be able to hook a brotha up with a ride?
Last edited by Jordan on 03 Aug 2010 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Aug 2010 14:49

I'd talk to John Goode or maybe Jordan Zuber?
Nick Polini

Funblog

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 05 Aug 2010 13:02

Footbag is getting to be an amazing experience for me. Im loving it more each day. I hope that someday I will be comfortable with my game.

Im researching a place I can play at during the school year. I get off early saturdays and sundays around 3. And have 2 days off during the week. Since this is my senior year I get out of school a half day. So I have 4 days where I can session. Im just not sure where!!! Its driving me crazy. I cant have another shredless winter. I cant do that to myself. Researching begins now!!!

...No real highlights today. Just better pixie shuffle and more b2b ripwalks. Hopefully florida shred will be adventurous.

Hit me up!

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 05 Sep 2010 17:05

Hit Ripped Warrior today in a park in front of a bunch of people.

stoked.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 06 Sep 2010 12:05

Gona film a little today, I hope everyone that went to Funtastiks is having a great time. I will post the video when its done being edited

Leave feedback if you care

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 05 Jul 2011 18:51

well, I havent posted here in almost a year... I kinda needed a bag for a new played that just got into the game and couldnt find any places to get one I trust. Its weird to come back and check out whats going on here, and now that I have facebook, Ive been adding some of you dudes as I find you and its really a wake up call. In a sense Im very happy I stepped away from the online bullshit and just kicked as much as I could. I took another break this winter... Which I always hate myself for.. But oh well, whats done is done. I have graduated and plan to kick as much as possible. Also my band has been doing really well. You can check em out here...

http://www.facebook.com/BricolageBand

and heres my facebook

http://www.facebook.com/JordanMichalAlejandro

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Jul 2011 19:27

Edit: Post rpt x2
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 05 Jul 2011 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Jul 2011 19:52

Yo dude, good to see that you're back. Shame I didn't know you were still kicking the other week... I drove to NJ to visit John Goode and shred with him. Hopefully I'll be kicking with you in the future sometime. Just checked out your band. I really like the screaming/hardcore parts... really reminds me of The Refused. Melodic singing parts are good, just not my style of music. Hope footbag treats you well in the future. Peace dude.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 05 Jul 2011 19:54

thanks a lot bud. If me and john plan something out you should def come along! I would love to play with you guys. John is probably a beast now haha

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 11 Sep 2011 22:32

Hit some stuff

Atomsmash BSOS

Blur>Atom>Dimwalk

Whirl>Pdx Mirage>Toe Whirl>Rpt

barrage>paradon bs

String with 10+ ducking/diving clippers and butter

many 20+ contact guiltless strings

adding more variety to my stuff. incorporating more ducking, pdx illusions, whirls, and stepping

working on atomic more and spinning midstring. I would like to start giving gyro a chance and work on... Dyno, swirling, double downs, barrage, and getting flip dlo and egg on the same page.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 26 Sep 2011 19:34

ImageImage

So, to start this all off, I had an amazing time this weekend at East Coasts... I got 1st place in Intermediate Circle Competition!!! I met so many great people, experienced so much, and most of all I learned so many new things that I brought back home with me; which was the most important.

I want to thank all the awesome people that helped me out and pushed me to compete in this weekends intermediate circles comp. John Goode, Will Tuttle, and Drew Martin, you dudes are awesome for letting me room with you this weekend. Lots of laughs and ... Sticks on the ground* John and Drew challenged me to hit rev swirl and I was able to hit it both sides for the first time ever! It felt awesome! They gave me a lot of tips on osis and pdx illusion which helped a ton. Will was a super rad dude who makes awesome bags, so if youre looking for an affordable bag that shreds hard, hit him up... NOW!

John Schneider - You're a great dude and you put so much into the sport and the community, I really appreciate the effort you put into attracting new people to the sport. You have insane dragon stalls and your whirling swirls are so textbook. Thanks for pushing me to compete this weekend and by the way, your shirt design for the competition is so stellar!

Mark Monistere - You killed it this weekend dude.. Your first tournament and you swept it. The routine was extremely technical and your circle game was untouchable, you deserved it all because I know for a fact you work your ass off with this sport. Thanks for giving me tips on torque too! Hopefully we can shred again in the near future!

Nick Polini - It was awesome to finally meet you! You got me thinking about symp whirls now haha, you will be the first person I contact when I hit that bs. I was hoping I would get more time to shred with you but you're pretty nomadic when it comes to circle hopping so we need to get a session going soon before another tournament. Props on hitting jani !!!!

Mark Bull - Cool dude from the start, I think I spent the most time shredding with you and talking. It was great to compete against you, I had mad fun! And keep working on those rev whirls and refractions man, thats your style dude!

Chris Winkle - First off I need to say, FORKED RIVER REPRESENT! You were a really cool dude and I was incredibly stoked to meet you and find out that we lived in the same time! We better have some sessions in the near future and I shun John Goode for knowing you lived near me but not telling me haha. Your double downs are awesome and Im happy you got to see me compete before you left.

Thanks to Waylon for the awesome prize bag! Doug Tank for being an inspiration and having the coolest infinities that I try to copy (hehe), Josh Gayhart for being a rad dude and although we didnt get to shred together I watched you kick in some circles on sunday and you were insane!! Hacky Sack Jack for the Worlds stories, Bruce for the coolest trophies ever!, Tristan for the fun circle shred, Ted for helping put on the event, Nathan Pipenburg for the inspiration to have tighter dexs and create bigger windows (if possible for my short legs hahaha) and everyone else who helped me or the event in any way possible. You guys were great!

Okay, so a lot has been going through my head since the event has been over and done with and its something Ive been wanting to do for a while to get my game to the next level. I have decided that I am going to re-work all my tiltless. I will be working on Around/Orbit bs and both ways, Pickup/Legover bs/ss/near/far, and Mirage/Illusion bs/ss/near all till I feel comfortable with them and can drill them with ease. My goal is to do each trick to 100 contacts with under 10 drops before I move on. I want to work on my clipper to get my form as perfect as possible. And I will move on from there when this is complete. It will take time, but its what I want to do to get my game to where I want it to be in the future.

Overall, I am very happy with my game and I cant wait to see what its like in the upcoming month. Thanks for reading!

**All pictures taken by Amanda Mengotto at Gille Park in Forked River, NJ**

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 26 Sep 2011 20:24

Hey man it was great kicking with you again this past weekend! You've improved so much since the last time we played. Props on winning Intermediate circle!

I'll let you know the next time I make it down to Forked River so we can try and kick again. Are you going to college around there?
Doug Tank

RipWalker
BSOS Beast

Post by RipWalker » 27 Sep 2011 05:26

Was great meeting you man! I had an awesome time competing with you and especially just straight up shredding after. Props on the torques! I hope that we get the opportunity to shred again soon!

P.S. - If we do shred, I hope that guy is nearby grilling steaks and smoking us out. Maybe get some generator fumes going at the same time. Pumped for that.
Mark Bull