The Fast and the Furious: Operation El Kemino, Tokyo Edition

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 30 May 2009 19:35

My groin injury is 95% gone. I'm still wary about doing double downs and quantum, because they're jerky, and rely mostly on the groin muslce to do the dex, but besides that, I have no pain for anything. I just warm up slow, and if I'm hurting before hand, heat for 15 minutes, and it's great. I've been playing about 5 days a week since I finished my first year of school 3 weeks ago, and it's so amazing. I don't know if I'm back to where I was at nyj, but I was not consistent with fundamental tricks then, and was really only good at links, and it's flipped flopped since. I've been drilling every session, and I feel like I'll be coming back stronger. I like my style now, and I've already improved a few concepts I was never really happy with. G'day all.
Matt Kemmer

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 30 May 2009 22:59

keep at it. you'll be really good in no time if you keep from getting hurt.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 31 May 2009 14:20

Good session. Took 3 clips; a one shot, and two shorts for Zac.

Two good sessions in a row; I hope this form is here to stay.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 01 Jun 2009 12:17

Gave pixie and stepping a break, and worked on symposium stuff for about 45 minutes. Made some ok progress on flails, but my knees are feeling it now. Symp Bubba>Tapping Drifter was cool. Drilled dexless after that. Overall it was good, and for the 3rd day in a row.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 02 Jun 2009 11:39

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21VGcmdb1Nk[/youtube]

3rd or 4th good session in a row, but I'm really sore, so I'll take tomorrow off. It feels so good for my body to be tired, but my groin to be fine. Things are looking really good, and I should be in tip top shape for uso =D
Matt Kemmer

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 02 Jun 2009 15:21

Nice run!

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 02 Jun 2009 19:08

i love how your arms are just bored, they don't have to do anything.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 07 Jun 2009 19:51

Tried out a thrown together program today of about everything fundamental, but it was way too long. It was good drilling, but it took like an hour to get through everything, and it was supposed to just be warmup type stuff. Maybe I'll tinker with it, and combine or shorten some stuff. That's really all I had energy for, but I did some ok strings afterwords.

I still suck at fog, but not as bad.
Matt Kemmer

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 07 Jun 2009 20:05

Yo I won the Kansas Open. My computer is broken or I would be on AIM. Sorry.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 11 Jun 2009 15:37

I can quantum again. And double down. Last 3 sessions have been pretty mediocre. I need some rest
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 18 Jun 2009 13:03

First good session in about a week, and 3 hours of it =D.

My double downs have made worlds of improvement. Both sides are consistent enough to use in strings, but I need to work on not kicking myself on flip. Blurriest is also my new favorite move, yielding these two clips:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtY2KlLhzDg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYPPh6h5 ... re=channel[/youtube]
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 19 Jun 2009 19:01

Another good 2 hour session. I've got about 45 minutes worth of drills that work fundamentals that I'm going to start every session with. Seems to be going well so far. I'm also going to do at least one video every session (a one shot), and anything else that comes to mind. Or if anyone has any links or tricks they want to see, I'll film those as well.

This is no better than yesterdays, but it was the first non-drill string of the day, and my legs were kind of jell-o-ish. I'm apparently more consistent at mobius than blur.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gScpj3GA-jw[/youtube]
Matt Kemmer

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jun 2009 20:03

Digging the videos.

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 20 Jun 2009 17:17

Pretty alright 2 hour session. The drilling to start went well, but my strings were just not good today. Pixie is seeing noticeable improvement, which is very good, and I'm just more controlled overall. I'm not really sure why I'm dropping all my strings early though; I'm consistent at all the components. Maybe I'm just rushing? Tomorrow's a day off though, so we shall see on Monday.

This one shot is alright. You can tell I'm thinking of what to do because I'm scratching my beard. The atomsmasher hit my shorts at the end.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgaBVhJ8faE[/youtube]
Matt Kemmer

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 21 Jun 2009 03:19

I'm pretty sure that you have the fastest in-out dexes (yet still really deep and clean) dexes i've ever seen. such as your stepping and mobius. keep up the good work. loving the videos and pickup variations.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 21 Jun 2009 18:55

Pretty good 1 hour rushed-to-get-in drill session after work today.

I worked on, I guess you would say, rhythm tonight. I noticed that I drop a lot on delays or sets, when there's really no reason to, like after a butterfly, or on schmoe>pixie something. I did some drills with stepping and pixie and tried to really solidify each contact before I started the next one. It went well, but clearly it sill needs work

I should play rushed more often, I get a lot more done.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 22 Jun 2009 17:23

Really good 2.5 hour session on the basketball court in the park around the corner from my house. I don't know if it's something to do with the lighting, or my perception of my game, but I always seem to play better outside. I think I'll do it more often though, it's much less distracting when I'm taking breaks.

I continued last night's theme, and did more rhythmy drills. The two big ones were pdx whirl>stepping "move">pixie ss clipper rpt, and stepping "move">smear>legbeater. The "move" can be replaced with any of the 4 basic downtimes; I did both drills with all of them. Then I put all 4 versions of each drill together and did them marathon style, forwards and backwords. I didn't get the full 24 contacts of any of them, but probably around 15 contacts for each.

I ended with infinity>step rpt>infinity>step x2 rpt>infinity>step x3 rpt>infinity>step x2 rpt>infinity>step rpt, both sides, which was really satisfying.

My strings were so much better tonight. Really flowy and controlled. I also took a bunch of clips, and have about 5 that I'll upload later tonight. My one shot really sucked, but that's ok considering how good the rest of the session was. I would like to get some good ones going though.
Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 22 Jun 2009 19:10

Matt Kemmer

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 23 Jun 2009 18:37

Pretty good 1.5 hour session. It was really hot and windy for the first third, but the next hour was really good. It was pretty shreddy, but I was still focusing on the same stuff from the past two sessions. My one shots (which suck today) tells me that I've played for 6 days in a row, which is pretty good. Especially because I'm leaving in 2 weeks for uso =D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_CqLORBjw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dcNPtXufA0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj60mLxdiBI[/youtube]
Matt Kemmer

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 23 Jun 2009 18:44

awesome shred dude!

you have been playing non-stop! so inspiring for my session tomorrow.

your stepping is rad :P