hogan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Hogan

Post by C-Fan » 03 Apr 2015 11:20

So....top post it then?
C-Fan wrote:#Yoguysmath.
7evinkogan wrote: -6 gyro dlos in one run (2 flip, 2 strong 1 zooming strong)

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 20 Apr 2015 20:10

yeoooo ken.

Happy holidaze…mostly modified day :-p

Stoked on the new modified layout! Aaron’s logo combined with the barnboard theme is so pleasing to my eyeballz. The pentagons are fresh as fuck. That dude does good work. The slidebar is cool too. The footbag forum fiiiinally visually captures how cool footbag is. Looking sleek, sexy and modern on 4/20 modified, now to post more then once a month J

Penn state was over a week out but I’ll try to throw some bullet points up about it tomorrow. Overall the penn state crew is awesome and definitely went hard to make sure everyone had a good time and taken care of. Big thanks to ivan, ryan, khoa, dr. greg, april, ben, our father nathan pipenberg esq & the rest of the crew. It was also nice to see how far the club’s skill level has come since I was last in state college, playing with ivan for awhile on Sunday was especially phat.

Random yoguylights from pennstate/ this week to not make this post boring:

-nuke revup a few times

-blurry revup with ianek

-toe set spinning ducking toe

-fairy spinning clipper>spinning ducking osis>ps whirl. Got the first link a few times.

-Vortex>whirling swirl bs

-Nuke muted Clip>superfly first try

-Bedwetter>smoke bs, pdx drift>stepping egg bs, vortex>bubba beater with Shirley kemple PSU in the never ending eggbeater circle.

mostly just working runs and now yoga recently.

I think im gonna go to us open.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 22 Apr 2015 12:05

There was a never ending Eggbeater circle?! 8O
7evinkogan wrote:
I think im gonna go to us open.
Now, you have to. Can bring ya some goodies 8)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 22 Apr 2015 12:19

7evinkogan wrote: in the never ending eggbeater circle.
That's how I imagine heaven if Derek was a god. (I'm not saying he isn't) :)

Pdx drift>stepping egg is good stuff, that link sounds tough
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 26 May 2015 06:16

lawl.

bought my ticket to Portlandia for USO :) so excited to see the west coast for the first time. my brain exploded when bob told me we’d be hanging out with kenny shults. going to be out there for 6 days training with nick landes. can’t process the excite. going to train yoga, not drinking myself to death and shred the right way but mostly looking forward to checking out somewhere new. oh lon….. I'll be selling some shirts i'm designing too in order to offset the cost of flying/taking time off from work, let me know if y'all are interested. will post some pics when i'm done, i promise they'll be hot 8)

Also I sent the finalized badges to Allan about a month ago and yesterday he sent me the first peak at the new site and it looks sexy as hell. Going to work on some last minute house keeping stuff (new banner!) and hopefully it will go live this week. I probably have said this before but i still don't think i've ever talked about actual footbag with Allan, only design-y code-y things to which he is a man-god. I'm stoked that overall look is super clean and professional feeling much more in line with what our sport honestly deserves. twas an honor to work with dizzy, we will talk about hack or jumping off of benches or some shit at some point i'm sure.

quick highlights post before i forget, all these in the last month, most from yesterday with bobby g & i’s memorial day tribute shreds.

-fog>Phoenix>rpt…first full fearless drill XD

-alpine porque…for doug tank, we raced to this in like 09’ and he hit it first lol.

-Pixie Whirl>pdx egg rpt

-legbeater>pdx torque>blur rpt

-fairy spinning ducking clip & fairy symp egg

-sumo>Phoenix>blurry whirl>blurry whirl>ps whirl

-blurry whirl>blurry whirl>ps whirl>ps whirl>tomahawk>spinning whirlish

-mobius>ripwalk>ripwalk rpt a few times. just started stepping from flip mobius, hit the same drill with pdx torque as well.

-mobius>bedwetter/ripped/food

-predator bsos

-atomic drifter>tomahawk

-started a good run with ripstein>ps whirl>spinning whirl

-PDX BLENDER BSOS. i think on the first go but took me 7 years of sucking at blenders and doing them wrong. nick taught me blenders the correct way at the end of last year and they are finally starting to click. can’t wait to bsos food :) sometimes i forget you can really do anything you put your mind to within reason :)

have a great week readers of this rarely updated blog!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 May 2015 06:27

Nice highlight Kevin! Might have to guy some of them myself. Stoked to shred with ya at USO in a month!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 26 May 2015 11:09

I be interested! Gonna play with ya again this year, eh? Flippin' DANK! From the looks of things, you are totally crushing it right now. Don't stop. More Quantum, please, but I deeg the Egg-ness :twisted:
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 26 May 2015 17:48

I was going to quote the highlights I liked, but it would have been all of them, so I didn't. People might think that your game is cool, but I think your game is cool in a different kind of way. These highlights are almost exactly what I want to put in my own footblog in the next few years. Stepping out of mobius. Yes. PS whirls and blurry whirls b2b in the same string. Yes. Ripstein. Yes. Come to think of it, I think I should start watching more Hogan videos. Keep up your awesome shred, and more importatnly, sick style!

PS (whirl) - Have fun at USO, which I know you will, you seem super stoked already!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 31 May 2015 10:38

Nate that's one of the coolest things anyone has ever said to me in regards to hack. i'm humbled you feel that way. i see alot of those tricks appearing in your blog already and I can promise you I wasn't close to any of them at your age. you will get there young'n and i'm stoked to watch.

thank you ken & derek. looking forward to seeing you both. ken, i'm actually going to be in portland for about a week with only one really bad travel day. not sure if that makes hangin' with you around town easier but i'd love to get a beer and talk about about how bad it sucks that lebron beat the warriors 8O 8O :D

long work weeks of our lives. shins didn't feel great so took most of the week off from footbag. got some super fatty projects out the door including one portfolio piece for sure.

Played footbag with bob yesterday and felt it was worth recording some highlights from. post sesh we enjoyed some margaritas at the howling wolf (I WILL DESIGN THEIR GODAMN MENUS SOME DAY!) and had some good bsc talks about work, bob's west coast excursions, my sales funnel inspired system for picking up girls & how fucking stoked we are for portland. bob's game has looked one point the last few sessions. looking back to form and re-working the drifter/4 add game. I forsee him to continue leveling up nicely pre USO.

stuff you cant tell pierce bronson about:

- dlo>same dlo>dlo>same dlo>egg>ss egg>egg>ss egg was a nice warmup.

-ps flai>symp whirl>ps flail>symp whirl :D

-Stepping Whirl>Blurry Whirl>rpt>ps whirl>long run

-haze>smog>pig>run. first 3 triples in a row which is just as stupid as the next highlight.

-PIXIE EVERYTHING. first time, fucking finally.

going to be playing tomorrow with my friend phil. probably going to make a short vid :twisted:
Kevin Hogan

BSC

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 09 Jun 2015 08:45

lots of living in the past week or so. the highest highs (heyhey) some pretty lame lows and everything else in between. overall a pretty solid spectrum, feelin pretty, pretty good all things considered. really counting down the time until portland.

been hitting a lot of new yoga posses lately, not as many pbr combos, fixed my computer fiiiiiinally & also got a few new freelance clients on board that should hopefully make completing some personal goals easier for myself this summer. Also the new badges are finalized and the site is live so peep those bad bitches! thanks to allan & nick for working with me, that was a lot of fun even if it took 8 years :)

Don’t think i’ll be going to NYFA jam or PSU Arts unfortunately. NYFA is possible if it’s not the weekend of the 4th and pete drives but the timing isn’t great, arts fest too as i’m coming back from portland that week. If i miss NYFA i will definitely be going out to new york for a weekend during the summer, hanging with boatz is essential.

i had two separate beast combos roll off last week. neither were really game changing combos as far as creativity goes but i’d love to hit that milestone soon. there’s a really nasty one i’ve decided i want to be my first that i should be able to do with a month or so of training.

played twice over the weekend. one session 3+ hours including mucho drilling for us and lots of fun stuff. played while kevin lassar did some break dancing by the beach on sunday. kevin is the bomb. he still enjoys watching shred and is super supportive but breaks balls like no other. i hit nuke muted clip>reaper to which kev’s followup suggestion was furious reaper. i tried it a few times like a flurry with a 4th dex to next to no avail. did hit blurry reaper though for the first time which kevin let me know was in fact a “bitch made trick”.

other stuff from the weekend:

-ducking gyro toe b2b

-first steps from blurry torque

-pdx torque>blurriest>run

-fog>Phoenix>mobius was a fun sick 3

-paradon>fog>rpt (shamless steal from nik)

-pdx torque>motion>pdx blender was a combo

-food>gig a few times

-food sealed with a good mobius bsos

strings were decent enough too. looking forward to USO. a lot of talent going, trying to elevate.

boozey sheetz
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 09 Jun 2015 22:52

You getting good!

Here is rap from Denmark in English you might like:

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 12 Jun 2015 11:12

thanks moose!

Paid for the kemitee to BAP Kem On Eileen

-mobius>fog
-blurry dso again
-terrage>rev up
-rubberman both sides

breaking in the new lavers suuuuuuucks.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Jun 2015 15:29

VOTE YES FOR MATT "THE HAT" KEMMER.

Really inspired me to get that Mobius> Fog now. Great combo.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 14 Jun 2015 23:14

Terrage > Revup is the my kinda jiggy shit!

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 15 Jun 2015 00:17

Wow, Kevin, your highlights are getting pretty intense! I'm glad you're on a solid path.

I really like the Kemmer bap graphic, and I know he's a beast, but I don't think that what he brings to the table is bap worthy yet, and I don't think I'm the harshest of critics. I do think the bar is really damn high, almost discouraging, but he's gotta jump high and reach far and push push push. I have no doubt that he is bap material, he just hasn't quite cut out the right outfit yet.

you're really getting there too, Hogan. push like you're giving birth, my friends.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 17 Jun 2015 08:11

yeeeeh moose.

hey ev thanks for the post. appreciate the positive feedback, i’d love to send you some footage and stuff once your back in ‘merica for critique.

There are no rules in this blog and you are the best player in the world so i can’t really debate….but we don’t count Matt Kemmer out in hoagworld. i’ve been playing with him and he is epic. maybe not epic enough where 10 random dudes want to give him a silly nickname yet, but i have no doubt he’s fast approaching that level. if he was 5’5, czech and didn’t do flip toe y’all would be all over him :)

i thought it was really lame people were complaining about jim being flown out on the “fourkast sponsorship" which i perceived more of “red hooking up his friend who happens to be one of best players in the world who works in a godamn restaurant but still making it sound official sponsorship”. I certainly don’t deserve any sponsorship money but i also don’t feel i am owned anything just because i put time into playing hacky sack and decided to fly across the country.

Portland offsets my financial goals this summer pretty greatly. missing six days of work is bad news bears for me right now. On top, I’ve put off getting work i need desperately done on my car and been living off cheetos and cheap beer for the past month just so i can be sure to live somewhat comfortable in portland for six days and still be able to pay bills. i’m still a little nervous but no one twisted my arm to do it and i don’t mind being uncomfortable especially if the end result is as meaningful as i expect portland to be. despite what your mom said, we’re not all fucking special and we can’t all be heroes, theres always someone cooler then you. re-evauluate the situations of others before you act like a diva. nothing but love and gratefulness from camp hogan fosho.

sponsorships and people throwing money at specific players brings out a weird side in footbag. i think our skills are valuable but it’s also just hacky sack, entitlement doesn't exist :)

/hoagrant

new shoes really really suck. last few sessions have just been extremely frustrating. not sure if i want to switch back to my old pair of lavers for USO week, but i was also able to play six days in a row last week which i chock up to the better support and not busted ass lavers. perseverance my friends.

session was so frustrating yesterday that i switched it up and schooled surging for awhile. figured out my “flip” and got some really decent sets on both sides. i’m guessing their pulled as shit because it’s surging but stuff like surge>smoke is just too hot to trot. i think it looks cool though so i'm gonna keep doing it :P

-matador>pdx blender>pretty damn good run

-first surreal, for PB

-fairy paradon both sides, new tricks of my life

-Bedwetter>Pixie Paradon (Bobs request, not as bad as i thought it would be)

-Mobius>blurriest

-stepping op knee bumping leg>symp dlo bs

far symp rev swirl is an awesome trick.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 17 Jun 2015 09:45

7evinkogan wrote:despite what your mom said, we’re not all fucking special and we can’t all be heroes, theres always someone cooler then you. re-evauluate the situations of others before you act like a diva. nothing but love and gratefulness from camp hogan fosho.
hahaha
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 Jun 2015 15:54

What about dlo out of the knee bumps (so like stepping knee bump dlo, into the next trick.) That would be cool. The problem with any footbag sponsorship stuff is there's not enough money to do a decent job of it, to give everyone that "deserves" x amount of $$$$ anything in particular. Then, aside from Worlds, which not everyone goes to anyway, there's not really a good system to show who is deserving of any rewards that come along. Then most of the footbag companies are just run by blokes, and if they have a bit of spare cash, why not give it to your mates.

Have fun in Portland!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Jun 2015 07:13

7evinkogan wrote: i thought it was really lame people were complaining about jim being flown out on the “fourkast sponsorship"

sponsorships and people throwing money at specific players brings out a weird side in footbag. i think our skills are valuable but it’s also just hacky sack, entitlement doesn't exist :)

/hoagrant
To me, the whole issue was more about fairness than entitlement. There's nothing wrong with a friend helping another friend out financially on a trip. I've been on both ends of that, and I think its a great gesture in a friendship. Where the issue gets cloudy for me, is when a company sponsors an athlete to go to a tournament, and that company is also potentially judging and sponsoring the tournament. Given the company stands to benefit by having their sponsored athlete win, you now have a potential conflict of interest, which puts all other athletes at an unfair disadvantage. I've talked with Red, and he said he won't be judging at USO, which puts my mind at ease. But these are the sorts of situations we need to be aware of in our sport, given how small we are.

The other situation we should avoid is the following:

- The footbag community likes Player A because he wins.
- Player A wins because we like him.

On some level, we can never get away from this, since subjectivity is part of every footbag event other than Shred30. I've been a judge and given a player the benefit of the doubt because of subjective (style) reasons. I'm sure I've benefited from this too. But it gets problematic when you have two equally skilled players (say, Penske and Gatesman) but one gets to go to more tournaments because they are sponsored, while the other does not, or has to pay their own way. That's a clear competitive advantage. Which raises the question: when sponsored Player A wins, how much of that is due to us liking him?

I don't have answers to these questions, but I think they are questions the footbag community should be asking itself. Or maybe I'm just being really lame. :P :wink:
7evinkogan wrote: -terrage>rev up
Yoguy!

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 18 Jun 2015 09:23

7evinkogan wrote: if he was 5’5, czech and didn’t do flip toe y’all would be all over him :)
Still trying to figure out who that 5'5 Czech strong-only guy is. 8O

Bed > Dimmiest is cool. If it's too easy for you, try it the other way (I'm guessing, I can't do this stuff)
C-Fan wrote:The other situation we should avoid is the following:

- The footbag community likes Player A because he wins.
- Player A wins because we like him.
I've lost two medals in Big One already because a player of higher profile 'beat me'. I'm hoping this doesn't happen in large tournaments 8)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta