Butler

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Re: Butler

Post by Ryan_Morris » 07 May 2018 18:44

Mad hyped for the video! Similar soundtrack to your Tough Guy video?

First result when you google "totally metal":
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 08 May 2018 03:52

No spoilers!

And nice picture!!

Edit - I guess I kind of did give away a spoiler with the fearless thing.... but no more!! That's it!
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 28 May 2018 17:45

Posting this here just so I have it in my blog... and also for anyone who isn't on Facebook.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gu5xd7odv0zjk ... d.mp4?dl=0

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 29 May 2018 00:06

Holy Moly! Great stuff! I will have to watch this a few more times. Thanks for posting this here.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 04 Jun 2018 04:32

Yeah, loved the video! Great shred.
Also liked your janiwalker > blurry whirl > ps whirl BS video.
Thanks for sharing!

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 17 Jul 2018 05:18

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlQzw16lDd- ... _copy_link

Hit Nebula for the first time the other day. Been really trying to drill Furious sets. Trying to work up to that Furious Torque. That was one of the best sessions I've probably ever had in my life. Multiple 30+ contact strings with some 5's thrown in midstring.

Also from this morning before work, I actually hit my very first flipside Blurriest. 3 out of the 4 times that I've rolled my ankles have been due to double downs, so I've really neglected my flipside Barfly for years. I also managed to get Blurriest BSOS about a minute later. Feels good.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 17 Jul 2018 06:05

Niice.
The nebula was wicked. I got confused by your Instagram/Facebook comment about something not being a new trick, so I wasn't as emphatic about my props, but that's a huge trick! I can barely furious at all. Also awesome that you're maybe close enough to his your namesake trick! Interesting about the flip doubledowns and only just now hitting flip blurriest! But props on that. I think one of my biggest milestones in footbag was hitting flip tapping DLO, a trick that contributed to my first major injury, like a decade after I hit it good side. Felt amazing. I also hit that one BSOS shortly after too, so I can empathize :)

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 17 Jul 2018 09:41

Thanks, Erik!! After looking at my post again, I can see how it was confusing about hitting something before. I was referring to the two-bag trick.

I'm hoping to get Blurriest b2b my next session. I'll probably film it. It was just unfortunate that I ran out of time before I had to go to work this morning.

What happened to you on your Tapping DLO? I know I have to be super careful when doing flip Fairy/Atomic because of inflammation in my hip. I've almost abandoned them entirely, but I try to remember to do like Atomsmasher/Fairy Mirage at least once a session.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 19 Jul 2018 04:02

Tripp wrote:
17 Jul 2018 09:41
What happened to you on your Tapping DLO? I know I have to be super careful when doing flip Fairy/Atomic because of inflammation in my hip. I've almost abandoned them entirely, but I try to remember to do like Atomsmasher/Fairy Mirage at least once a session.
My first major injury was my hip flexor from pushing flip PS whirls and flip atomic. I think specifically tapping DLO was one of the tricks I was trying before I had to take time off for the first time. This is why I never do drifters and avoid most atomic/nuclear stuff.

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 19 Jul 2018 12:31

Maybe that's my problem. I have to be super careful doing flip Fairy/Atomic stuff. Flip Nuclear and Paradox Drifter are completely out of the question. Basically anything where my knee points inwards, I guess.

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 20 Jul 2018 07:44

https://www.instagram.com/p/BldDlqsAtmW ... _copy_link

Got it.. just like I figured I would. I actually hit this two more times, but this was the only time I didn't drop on the Osis to seal it.

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 18 Aug 2018 14:55

Been drilling spinning out of whirls. It's something I've never practiced before. Got this on film:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmopKXUHp8f ... 1qmy9081q8

Also hit Blurry Whirl > Mobius bsos before I turned on the camera. Pretty good session.

Also Climas > Quantums.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 18 Aug 2018 20:36

That looked very easy for you. Are the Climas hard to get?

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 20 Aug 2018 04:48

Actually, it was pretty easy lol. I footed it very first try, and then I hit it about 20 attempts later.
Also got Blurry Whirl > Spinning Ducking Butter rpt on film.

Climas are very easy to get. They are brand new on Ebay for about 50USD.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 20 Aug 2018 08:36

Awesome stuff. Would love to see more video.

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 24 Aug 2018 16:59

Been trying to hit some sort of new fearless combo every session. Today was Blurry Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Paradox Blender. Was limited on time and ran out of daylight before I had a chance to attempt flipside, but I don't think it should be too hard. I've still been drilling spinning out of Whirls.

Also hit Phoenix > Fog > Phoenix > Fog. I thought it was new, but I checked my log and discovered I hit this combo back in 2010. I will probably try it starting on my other side next session.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Aug 2018 23:05

Good idea! I should try more fearless combos too. Sounds fun. Also props on all the combos, especially the repeat one! Video?

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 25 Aug 2018 16:05

I never even thought to bring my camera the last couple sessions! Sorry!
Today, I did get the Blurry Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Pdx Blender on my flipside, which I am totally surprised it only took me a few tries because my flip Pdx Blender sucks balls lol.

Also hit Blurry Whirl > Spinning Whirl > Pdx Torque both sides. Was close to bsos.

'Til next time!

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 01 Sep 2018 19:52

Had the opportunity to kick with Ian Brill today. It was his first 'real' session in years after recovering from a back injury. He did have a good 20ish contact run of BOP that ended with 4 consecutive far muted osis. He also hit like 5 consecutive Eclipses out of nowhere. Good stuff

I love the challenges he gives me. Tricks that are fairly easy for me to do, but kind of difficult to set out of. For example... he gave me Clip near Torque > Gyro DLO rpt. I got it both sides but didn't get the repeat. I can do Gyro DLO all day long, but zooming out of torque is a good challenge for me. It's something I'm not used to.

Also hit his Spinning Mirage > Pixie ss Whirl rpt challenge. All that spinning out of whirl drilling is starting to pay off.

He gave me a super cool 5>5 link challenge that I got both sides, but I think I'll be able to get it bsos, so I want to save it for video.

It was awesome getting to kick with another actual person lol.
Last edited by Tripp on 07 Sep 2018 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 03 Sep 2018 19:18

Dude, Ian Brill is the man! He kicked with the PSU crew my freshman/sophomore year but I haven't seen him in a damn long time. Check out one of his art installations if you ever get the chance.
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.